Connect with us

News

Viral ‘Chicken Bones’ Content Creators Released on Police Bail, Mobile Phones Seized by MCMC

Published

Collage 20
Source: SCMP

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Three teenage boys, including a juvenile, who were arrested following a viral video of them giving chicken bones to a homeless person, were released on police bail yesterday (August 6).

Seremban District Police Chief, Assistant Commissioner Mohamad Hatta Che Din, said the teenagers, who hail from Johor, were brought to the Seremban Magistrate’s Court for a remand process to assist with the investigation.

“All of them are being investigated under Section 504 of the Penal Code, Section 14 of the Minor Offences Act 1955, and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998,”

Screenshot 2025 08 04 At 2.50.51 Pm

Mohamad Hatta stated that all the teenage boys, aged 14, 18, and 19, were from Johor Bharu, but it was understood that the act was committed in this district. On Tuesday, the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) also recorded statements from three individuals believed to be social media influencers regarding the spread of a video showing them giving leftover chicken bones to a homeless person.

The MCMC statement informed that recording of statements and further investigation into the matter were carried out at the Iskandar Puteri District Headquarters (IPD), Johor, in addition to seizing three mobile phones and three SIM cards to assist in the investigation.

MCMC said the content of the video was believed to be extremely offensive. It sparked widespread anger and condemnation among netizens, as well as touched on the sensitivities of the country’s diverse community.

4A7Bf1D7 57B7 4064 9Aa5 835B823C0Aed E1B3A23D

The statement informed that the investigation is being conducted under Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998, which carries a maximum jail term of two years or a fine of RM500,000, or both, if convicted, reported Harian Metro.

In case you missed it, the three teenagers recently visited a fast food restaurant, bought chicken, and ate it there, as seen in their viral video. In the name of charity work, they collected the leftover chicken bones and placed them in a pack of rice, before handing it to a homeless man, supposedly to avoid waste and to “give” to those in need.

They also filmed themselves giving the leftover chicken meat to a pet dog.

 

Also read: “Karma is real, brother” – M’sian Influencer Slams Content Creators Over Viral Chicken Bones Incident

Collage 17

Source: SCMP

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 14 Dd Ft 14
News6 hours ago

PMX Personally Delivers Aid to Banting Fire Victims, Including Family of 3yo Who Perished

A massive fire that broke out on 6 February destroyed about 90% of three houses in Banting, Selangor. As previously...

Collage 57 Collage 57
News1 day ago

“No-trading zone” – DBKL Seizes Goods from Illegal Vendors ‘Tainting’ Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad View

It did not take long for Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to take action against the illegal vendors dominating Dataran...

My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779 My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779
News2 days ago

“Ensuring public safety” – DBKL Clarifies ‘Dakwah’ Stall Closure, Claims NGO Official Never Appeared

Earlier today, we reported that popular Malaysian preacher Firdaus Wong called out Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) for allegedly closing...

Collage 50 Collage 50
News4 days ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News4 days ago

“You are on my radar” – Yang di-Pertuan Agong Warns Corrupt Officers in MACC & Other Govt Agencies

His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Ibrahim has warned that more individuals are now on His Majesty’s “radar” in...

Dd Ft Dd Ft
News4 days ago

PDRM: Up to 7 Years’ Jail, RM10k Fine for Fireworks Other Than ‘Happy Boom’ & ‘Pop-Pop’ This CNY

The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has reminded the public that possessing, selling, buying or setting off firecrackers and fireworks for...

Anwarft 1 Anwarft 1
News5 days ago

“We can go even further!” – PMX Claims Malaysia Has ‘Extraordinary Potential’ if Governance Stays Clean

Malaysia has extraordinary potential to achieve even faster progress if it continues to be governed effectively and with integrity, said...

Feat Image Ringgit Feat Image Ringgit
News5 days ago

Ringgit Has Gained 14% Against USD, So Why Haven’t Prices Gone Down? Finance Minister II Explains

Finance Minister II Datuk Seri Amir Hamzah Azizan has addressed concerns regarding why the prices of goods in Malaysia remain...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY