You know you’re blessed to be Malaysian when you get to have a numerous amount of public holidays that come almost every month! It’s even better when they fall on the weekend, which means you have at least three to four consecutive days of no work.
Looking at the upcoming months in 2019, September itself has three long weekends in a row while October has one, and of course, not forgetting the school holidays at the end of November and the whole of December.
With all these holidays coming up, I’m sure it has crossed your mind about going on a short getaway with your friends or family, but the question is, where?
Well, Vietnam is a great place with many hidden gems that aren’t usually explored, which means it’ll be less crowded! So, if you’re considering Vietnam as a holiday destination, here are some hidden gems you need to check out!
1. Nha Trang
Nha Trang is known for its diving sites, offshore islands and beaches lined with hotels and seafood restaurants that all make it a great place to bring your family for a vacation. There are plenty of fun activities that you can check out that are sure to give you and your family that much-needed break you’ve all been waiting for.
i) Hon Mun Island Half-Day Snorkeling Guided Tour from Nha Trang
- This package will give you ample time to spend with your friends and family as it lasts for half a day
- You’ll get to visit two different places with plenty of time to swim, snorkel and enjoy coral reefs and marine life sightings
- They even include breakfast and snorkel gear in addition to free hotel pick-up and drop-off services
Departure time: 7.30am
Price: Varies according to number of people (From RM118 for two adults)
Duration: 6 hours
ii) Vinpearl Amusement Park
- Like any amusement park, you can expect to see a variety of water slides with names like ‘space hole’, ‘tsunami’ and ‘kamikaze’
- It also has a 900-meter long ‘lazy river’ that allows you to float along and relax on a swimming ring, and a ‘wave pool’ that emulates different sea conditions
- If you don’t want to swim, there’s also a 3,000sqm aquarium which has a motorised walkway, allowing visitors to view more than 300 species of colourful fish
Opening Hours: 8am – 9pm (Mon – Thurs), 8am – 10pm (Fri – Sat)
Address: Vĩnh Nguyên, Thành phố Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa Province 650000, Vietnam
iii) National Oceanographic Museum
- This museum is an awesome place for you and your family to see local marine life in their beautiful and captivating exhibits
- It has over 20,000 live and preserved marine specimens included reef sharks, turtles, scorpion fish and puffers that are sure to pique your interest in ocean life
- There is also an exhibit where they showcase stuffed sea mammals, ocean related artifacts, and even rare colourful reef species
Opening hours: 6am – 6pm
Price: VND 30,000 for adults (RM5.40) and VND 12,000 for children below the age of 12 (RM2.20)
Address: 1 Cau da, Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa
2. Phu Quoc
Phu Quoc is a magnificent island off the coast of Vietnam, and is known for their great sandy white beaches lined with resorts and many fun outdoor activities. This brand new beach destination isn’t explored by many, which is why you have to be one of the first ones to check it out!
i) Cable car ride to Pineapple Island
Phu Quoc island has the longest cable car ride in the world!
- Measuring almost 8km long, the non-stop three-way cable car made it into the Guinness Book of World Records in 2018
- It takes you from Phu Quoc island to Hon Thom, also known as Pineapple island, where you have a bird’s-eye view of clear blue waters, coral reefs and the An Thoi Archipelago
- The 15 minute ride will allow you to really take in the scenery, and when it speeds up to 30km an hour, it will definitely make you feel like you’re flying above water
Ticket price: 150,000 dong for adults (RM27), 100,000 dong for children (RM18)
Opening times: 8am – 5.30pm
Address: An Thoi, Phú Quốc, Kien Giang, Vietnam
ii) Phu Quoc Night Market
- You have to visit Phu Quoc Night Market if you’re in Phu Quoc as you get to dine and shop at the same time until late at night
- There are about 100 stalls, of which most of them sell fresh seafood like sea snails, scallops and crabs, street snacks and beverages at affordable prices
- This market is accessible by foot, a short scooter or taxi ride from most of the hotels around the area
Opening hours: 4.30pm – 3am
Address: Khu 1, Phú Quốc, Kien Giang, Vietnam
3. Can Tho
Can Tho is located in the Mekong Delta, a vast maze of rivers, swamps and islands where boats are the main means of transportation. The way of life by the water and local food is the key to experiencing and feeling the city as it is home to various floating restaurants, bars and hotels.
i) Cai Rang Floating Market
Cai Rang floating market is located just beside My Khahn Tourist Village.
- It’s another great way to experience nature while floating amidst one of the most famous floating markets
- Like any morning market you’ve been to, this floating market is a place where locals buy and sell a variety of fruits and vegetables, on top of ready-to-eat food like pho, banh mi and even a cup of coffee
- You’ll get to interact with locals as they bustle about in their tiny vessels, juggling between steering their boat and attending to a customer
Opening hours: 5am (tour boat pick-up time)
Address: 46 Hai Ba Trung | near Cai Rang Bridge, Can Tho 900000, Vietnam
ii) My Khanh Tourist Village
Source: Dulich Dailoan
My Khanh Tourist Village is a great place to explore nature up close with the cool shade of trees and fruit gardens
- You will get to see over 20 fruit crops like plums, mango, rambutan, jackfruit, strawberry, and yes, even durian
- The village meets relaxation and entertainment where you get to take peaceful strolls among the trees and enjoy numerous games such as fishing, folk games and karaoke
- There are also numerous restaurants with diverse menus that are sure to meet every tourist’s needs
Opening hours: 5am – 10pm (Monday – Sunday)
Address: 335 Lộ Vòng Cung, Mỹ Khánh, Phong Điền, Cần Thơ, Vietnam
iii) Du Thuyen Floating Restaurant
- Du Thuyen Floating Restaurant is considered to be the largest floating restaurant in Can Tho that can accommodate up to 600 people
- Set over three floors, the restaurant lights up at night and takes you along the Hau River where you will be able to see the magnificent Can Tho bridge
- They serve a variety of cuisines in western Vietnam and allow you to enjoy the “dan ca tai tu”, a type of traditional music of the Mekong Delta people
Opening hours: 7pm – 11pm
Price range: RM42 – RM84
Address: Hai Bà Trưng, Tân An, Ninh Kiều, Cần Thơ, Vietnam
Don’t these places look great? Well, get ready to pack your bags as Air Asia is having a promotion for their flights to Vietnam!
You can fly from Malaysia to Nha Trang, Phu Quoc or Can Tho starting at RM79 using Big Pay!
Take note though that this promotion is an all-in fare one way for Big Members only. So quickly register yourself as one. Few clicks only!
You can book your tickets now until 15 September 2019, and travel now until 31 March 2020. Seize the chance to travel to these amazing gems okay!
For more info, you can click here.
M’sian Restaurants & Coffee Shops Don’t Have To Apply For Liquor Licence Anymore
The beer sales restriction by DBKL and Perlis, did not go down too well with many sects of the country...
BREAKING: Court Of Appeal Upholds Guilty Verdict Against Najib Razak
The Court of Appeal has thrown out former Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s appeal against his guilty verdict by...
UAE Will Be 1st Country To Move To 4.5 Days Work Week Just For Mental Health
Working for five days a week and having only two days to rest definitely takes a toll on us. The...
Selangor Will Be Giving 157,000 Free Covid-19 Booster Shots Starting 8 December
A total of 157,000 free Covid-19 vaccine booster shots will be provided to Selangor residents starting today (8 December) under...
2 M’sians Surrender After Posing As Traffic Police On High-Powered Motorcycles
Recently, video footage of two individuals riding high-powered motorcycles, posing as traffic police in Port Dickson went viral on social...
“This is a court of law, not a coffee shop” – Judge Threatens Najib With Arrest For Not Coming To Court
The court cases involving former Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak continue to prod on. Today’s (7 December) proceedings in...
Thaipusam & Chingay Processions Not Allowed Next Year Due To Omicron Fears
All festive processions, including the Kavadi procession for Thaipusam and Chingay festivities for Chinese New Year, will not be allowed...
JPJ & PDRM are Offering Discounts Up To 80% On Summons Only From 9-12 December
In a few days, it will be 100 days since the current government has taken over. In order to celebrate...