Connect with us

News

PLUS Reveals It’s NOT True That Batu Tiga and Sungai Rasau Tolls Will Cease at 2018

Published

Plus Says Batu Tiga And Sungai Rasau Tolls Only Supposed To End In 2038 - World Of Buzz 3
Source: NST

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

One of the exciting things that was announced during the Budget 2018 speech by our beloved Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak was that four tolls in the country would be abolished come January 1, 2018.

Plus Says Batu Tiga And Sungai Rasau Tolls Only Supposed To End In 2038 - World Of Buzz

Source: nst

These four tolls are the Batu Tiga and Sungai Rasau in Selangor, Bukit Kayu Hitam in Kedah and at the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) in Johor. However, there may have been some misunderstanding about the issue.

According to NST, there was a 2011 revised Concession Agreement signed previously by PLUS Malaysia Bhd (PLUS) and apparently the toll collection at Batu Tiga and Sungai Rasau was only scheduled to end in December 21, 2038 and not 2018. That’s another at least 20 years!

Plus Says Batu Tiga And Sungai Rasau Tolls Only Supposed To End In 2038 - World Of Buzz 1

Source: chinapress

Based on this issue, PLUS recently released a statement and said, “The announcement made by Prime Minister (Datuk Seri Najib Razak) means that abolishment of toll collection effective Jan 1, 2018 at the Batu Tiga and Sungai Rasau toll plazas are realised 20 years ahead of schedule.”

In the same statement, PLUS added that, “There have been several enquiries on the compensation for PLUS with the abolishment of toll collection at the 3 locations – Batu Tiga and Sungai Rasau in Selangor and Bukit Kayu Hitam in Kedah. As discussions are on-going, we will make the necessary announcement upon receipt of further details from the government.” Quit playing games with my heart!

Plus Says Batu Tiga And Sungai Rasau Tolls Only Supposed To End In 2038 - World Of Buzz 2

Source: nst

Currently, the toll rates for Class 1 vehicles at Batu Tiga is RM1.10 and for Sungai Rasau, it is RM1.

Malaysiakini has also reported that Johari Abdul Ghani said, “The government will not compensate in cash, toll concessionaire Plus Malaysia Bhd, for abolishing four of its toll booths as announced in Budget 2018.”

Seems like there was some miscommunication, perhaps? Guess we’ll have to wait and see what are the results from the discussions between PLUS and the government!

 

Also read: Pangkor Island Declared Duty Free BUT Not for Cigarettes, Alcohol & Vehicles

Budget 2018: Pangkor Island Declared Duty Free But Not For Cigarettes, Alcohol &Amp; Vehicles - World Of Buzz 3

 

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 29 Collage 29
News1 day ago

All 29 Malaysian Gaza Flotilla 2.0 Delegates Released by Israel, One Activist Receives Threats Online

A wave of relief and emotion swept through supporters and family members after all 29 Malaysian delegates involved in the...

Collage 27 Collage 27
News2 days ago

75yo Man Charged Over Klang Hit-and-Run That Killed 2 Sisters, Seeks Lower Bail as He Suffers from Diabetes

A 75-year-old driver accused of a fatal hit-and-run in Bandar Baru Klang, Selangor, which claimed the lives of two sisters,...

Collage 3 2 Collage 3 2
News2 days ago

“We’re not protecting him” – PDRM Reveals Why Cop Who Allegedly Ran Langkawi Drug Syndicate Was ‘Only’ Transferred

Recently, the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) revealed that “Mr A”, a police officer allegedly linked to running a drug syndicate...

Collage 24 Collage 24
News3 days ago

Plot Twist: ASEAN Records Exposes Fake Letter & Unregistered NGO After Allegations Go Viral

The Malaysia-based private record recognition platform found itself at the centre of controversy after a letter allegedly from the ASEAN...

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News3 days ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences against her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News3 days ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News3 days ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News3 days ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY