Malaysians have found all kinds of weird things in their food, from insects to hair in pasta that’s not from an angel.
Most of the random things found in food aren’t really harmful especially if the food isn’t actually rotten, but then there are items that just shouldn’t be in food for safety purposes.
Nor Azriah Abd Aziz took to her Facebook page to showcase a large fish hook that was still inside the fish she was eating at a restaurant in Taman Soga, Johor. Luckily, she managed to find the hook before she bit down into the fish.
She wrote, “Today’s incident, I don’t even know what to say. The question is, if you washed the fish properly, then this fishing hook wouldn’t be in it, along with a fishing line. It’s big, I think if it was smaller, it would have been swallowed along with the fish.”
Such a terrible mistake from the restaurant’s side should come with a proper apology and compensation for the inconvenience and potential risk factor, right?
Apparently, the restaurant owner had only apologised and taken the plate away, instead of replacing the fish and waiving her bill.
“I told the shop owner and all he did was apologise, didn’t even waive my bill. At least replace the fish to a new one, but no, he just took my plate away while saying sorry. I still had to pay for the meal. It’s sad that there are shop owners that don’t prioritise the cleanliness of their food. What would have happened if I swallowed the hook? Who is going to bear the costs? Think it’s insignificant if it were to have happened? I’m so disappointed,” she added.
Luckily, no one ate the hook or cut their fingers on it as they ate.
Nor Azriah’s posting has since garnered over 381 shares.
We hope the restaurant owner takes this matter seriously and looks into the cleanliness of his establishment before someone gets hurt.
Had a similar experience? Let us know in the comments section!
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Tired Of Comparing Prices On Different Websites? This ONE App Helps You Do That, Gives You Cashback & MORE
Nowadays, more and more Malaysians would prefer to do their shopping online rather than in physical stores. This is because...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
- News21 hours ago
Photo of Human-Sized Bats Go Viral and Yes, They Actually Exist
- News17 hours ago
Beware: Some Sellers Are Pricing Durians Based On the Car You Drive
- Current Affairs20 hours ago
RMCO: 96 Individuals Arrested At Pubs And Nightclubs For Violating SOP
- Social Stories17 hours ago
Watch: Sabah Kids Swimming and Having Fun With A CROCODILE In the River