Connect with us

News

MOE Finally Releases Statement For Ain’s Case, The Student Who Stood Up Against Rape Jokes

Published

Pjimage 2021 05 12T112215.632
Source: South China Morning Post & Ministry of Education | Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Malaysians reactions to this issue differ across various social media platforms!

When the case of 17-year-old Ain Husniza Saiful Nizam who lodged a complaint against her teacher for making an inappropriate joke went viral, Malaysians were wondering why the Ministry of Education was silent on this issue. Today (12 May), the Ministry released a statement clarifying several updates regarding this case.

1) Ain’s complaint towards the teacher that made an inappropriate joke

The ministry acknowledged that Ain lodged a police report on 24 April 2021 and since the incident is still under police investigation, MOE chose not to release any statement during that period.

For now, the teacher has been placed under the Selangor State Education Department until the investigation finishes. Their next action depends on the results of the investigation.

Update

2) The school principal that called Ain a “spawn of Satan” on a Facebook comment

A school principal called Ain “anak setan” or “Satan’s spawn” and even demanded that her parents educate her better. When netizens started calling her out, the principal deactivated her Facebook account and another person explained that the principal allegedly shared a Facebook account with her autistic son who was the one that made the offensive comment.

Ezgif.com Gif Maker 2021 05 10T095808.034 1

MOE confirmed that the principal involved has lodged a police complaint that denied she even made that Facebook comment and suspects that her Facebook account had been hacked.

3) Expulsion warning letter for not attending school

Regarding this issue, the Ministry said that students’ attendance is monitored through the Sistem Sahsiah Diri Murid (SSDM) where if a student doesn’t attend school for three to ten consecutive days with no written excuse, the system will generate an automatic warning letter. The letter will then be sent to the student’s parents or guardian.

They added that the letter is to make sure parents and the school management aware of the student’s attendance in school. This also allows MOE to carry out proper actions.

“From 16 to 30 April 2021, the school has sent SIX warning letters to the said student’s parents for being absent for no proper reason.”

As a final note, MOE emphasised that the Ministry will always prioritize the safety and welfare of students and the entire school community.

Check out the Education Ministry’s full statement regarding this issue below:

KENYATAAN MEDIA STATUS SEMASA BERKAITAN INSIDEN DI SEKOLAH MENENGAH KEBANGSAAN PUNCAK ALAM, SELANGOR

Posted by Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia on Tuesday, May 11, 2021

 

Let us know what you think about this statement by the Ministry!

 

Also read: #StandWithAin: M’sians Lend Support To 17yo Activist Who Stood Up Against Rape Jokes

Pjimage 2021 05 10T101958

Source: Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 50 Collage 50
News22 hours ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News2 days ago

“You are on my radar” – Yang di-Pertuan Agong Warns Corrupt Officers in MACC & Other Govt Agencies

His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Ibrahim has warned that more individuals are now on His Majesty’s “radar” in...

Dd Ft Dd Ft
News2 days ago

PDRM: Up to 7 Years’ Jail, RM10k Fine for Fireworks Other Than ‘Happy Boom’ & ‘Pop-Pop’ This CNY

The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has reminded the public that possessing, selling, buying or setting off firecrackers and fireworks for...

Anwarft 1 Anwarft 1
News2 days ago

“We can go even further!” – PMX Claims Malaysia Has ‘Extraordinary Potential’ if Governance Stays Clean

Malaysia has extraordinary potential to achieve even faster progress if it continues to be governed effectively and with integrity, said...

Feat Image Ringgit Feat Image Ringgit
News3 days ago

Ringgit Has Gained 14% Against USD, So Why Haven’t Prices Gone Down? Finance Minister II Explains

Finance Minister II Datuk Seri Amir Hamzah Azizan has addressed concerns regarding why the prices of goods in Malaysia remain...

Collage 47 Collage 47
News3 days ago

DBKL Raids Multiple Bars on Valentine’s Eve Including in Mont Kiara for Operating Without Licences

Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) uncovered multiple violations at three bars during an enforcement operation. DBKL conducted the operation on...

Feat Image New Source Feat Image New Source
News3 days ago

Malaysia’s New Renewable Power Source: Penang is Turning Pig Waste Into Electricity for Homes Nationwide

Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow recently officiated the launch of a centralised biogas facility in Kampung Valdor, South Seberang...

Collage 45 Collage 45
News3 days ago

Popular Shah Alam Massage Outlet Ordered to Close for Operating Without a Licence, Illegal Workers Detained

A popular Thai massage outlet in Setia Alam, Shah Alam, was raided on Thursday night (12 February) by officers from...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY