Many gyms and spas in Malaysia offer sauna rooms as a way for us to relax and detoxify the body. However, when using these facilities, we need to be careful and adhere to safety precautions. Better to be safe than sorry!
According to Sina, a man named Zhang in Shenzhen, China had to be hospitalised for more than 10 months after he was discovered to be motionless and unresponsive after a sauna session. Apparently, the incident happened on 5 December 2016 when he went to the sauna centre for a relaxing treatment.
Unfortunately, he must have exceeded the advised time limit because when a friend discovered Zhang at the sauna centre, he was lying on the floor in convulsions. They quickly called an ambulance and rushed him to the hospital.
The ICU director said,
“When Zhang was sent to the hospital, his body temperature was more than 40°C; he was in a deep coma and experiencing arrhythmia. His skin was suffering from many burn injuries and he had lost his metabolism function.”
In addition, after careful examination, it was revealed that the overheating had caused multiple major organs to fail such as the central nervous system, heart, liver, and renal system. OMG, that’s very serious! He only had a 50 per cent chance of surviving this ordeal and the doctors quickly got to work to treat him.
Luckily, Zhang managed to overcome this calamity and is now making a slow road to recovery. He was removed from the ventilator machine four months after his treatment started. Currently, he is still not able to talk and has a lot of rehabilitation to undergo in order to function normally again.
All these treatments don’t come cheap either, as Zhang now owes the hospital 480,000 yuan (RM306,475). The hospital said that Zhang’s family had already paid 70,000 yuan (RM44,708) previously but they had disappeared after that. That’s a hefty sum though!
The doctors advised the public to be careful when using sauna rooms and not to exceed the recommended time. They also said that prolonged exposure to high temperatures could cause heatstroke, which may lead to severe consequences and thus, reminded people to drink lots of water after a sauna session to replenish lost fluids.
Although our scorching weather looks like it will be ending soon, remember to stay hydrated with lots of H20 and stay away from the sun when it’s at its hottest!
Ipoh High Court Orders Man To Be Paid RM240k After He Was Unlawfully Imprisoned For 106 Days
The Ipoh High Court has ordered for a man to be paid RM240,000 in damages after they found that his...
Former PM Ismail Sabri Says He is Ready to Quit Politics & That GE15 Was His Last Election
Following UMNO’s surprisingly disappointing results during the 15th General Election, the survival and the future of the party was questioned....
IGP: Public Must Follow Dress Codes at Police Stations Except in ‘Life or Death’ Emergencies
It was recently reported that a woman had complained that she had been denied entry into Kajang police station over...
Kelantan Corporation Responds to Backlash After Employment of State MB & Deputy’s Children
Recently, the employment of the Kelantan Menteri Besar and his deputy’s children in the Kelantan State Economic Development Corporation (PKINK)...
Federal Government Agrees To Legalise Fireworks & Firecrackers, Says Nga Kor Ming
When the festivities are near, we will definitely hear many people playing with firecrackers and fireworks even though it is...
KL High Court Rejects Zahid Hamidi’s Bid to Permanently Regain Passport For DPM Duties
Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi failed in his application at the Kuala Lumpur High Court to get his passport...
“Don’t be shy, join me” – Communications Minister Says He Doesn’t Want A Dedicated Lift
Did you know that besides riding in a car amidst an entourage of blacked out cars and police vehicles, Malaysian...
Petaling Street Listed Under USA’s Report of Most Notorious Markets For Counterfeit Products
For many, visiting Petaling Street aka Chinatown in Kuala Lumpur is an experience of food, culture and business. But, what...
Social Stories23 hours ago
Penang Family Warns Others to be Careful After Buying “Cancerous” Pork with Pus in the Meat
Social Stories21 hours ago
WATCH: M’sian Confused About Smelly Window Catches Neighbour Splashing Dark-Coloured Liquid
Social Stories20 hours ago
Police Station Dress Code: Politician Says “Exposed items are fake goods”, M’sians Criticise
Social Stories23 hours ago
M’sian Argues Over Govt’s Decision to Legalise Fireworks With Viral Video of Toddler Getting Injured