fbpx
Connect with us

News

51yo Man Eats Fish Cake That Was Too Hot, Throat Swells Up & Chokes Him to Death

Published

51Yo Man Eats Fish Cake That Was Too Hot, Throat Swells Up & Chokes Him To Death - World Of Buzz 1
Source: MNN & BBC

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

A 51-year-old man died when he swallowed an extremely hot fishcake that stopped him from breathing because his throat was burnt so badly.

Darren, a wedding planner from England, was sampling food at a venue on 4th April when he was given a hot fishcake by a chef. Moments later, he sensed something was wrong and went to the Urgent Care Ward at Chorley Hospital when the pain in his throat intensified.

Recipe Image Legacy Id 3007 11

Source: bbc

According to Metro, Darren was given paracetamol and sent home, but at 9pm his voice box began swelling up until he couldn’t breathe or swallow because of the pain and swelling. Neil, his partner, heard him choking and ran upstairs.

“He was stood up choking and coughing so I banged his back but then he slid forward onto the floor,” Neil said.

Darren was taken to the hospital for treatment, but nothing could be done because the damage was so far down his throat that doctors could not see the damage without specialist equipment. Darren died after midnight.

Pri 89249724 E1570704874943

Darren & neil | source: metro

According to pathologist, Dr Patrick Waugh, the condition that Darren had is usually found in people who were killed in house fires. They were found to have burned airways after inhaling smoke.

“The patient can appear well, they will be talking to you, but then the swelling starts,” he said.

At Bolton Coroners’ Court, asphyxiation – the state or process of being deprived of oxygen – was determined as the cause of Darren’s death.

Man Coughing.jpg.653X0 Q80 Crop Smart

Source: mnn

“I believe there are enormous lessons to be learned,” acting senior coroner Alan Walsh said

“This was caused by eating a fishcake, very small and very hot but with catastrophic consequences. I find this an immense tragedy.”

“Darren was a larger than life character, always helping other people and was the centre of attention,” Neil, his partner said.

“He would take over a room if he walked in. He did loads for charity and was well liked in the community.”

Remember to blow on your hot food before putting it in your mouth as your throat is very sensitive!

RIP Darren 🙁

 

Also read: Woman Left With Burns & Blinded Eye From Explosion After She Microwaved Eggs for 6mins

Eggss


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Restaurant 2 Ft Restaurant 2 Ft
News11 hours ago

JUST IN: Restaurants, Convenience Stores & Petrol Stations Allowed To Open Till 12am Starting 23 Sept

In a press statement released today, 22 September, Prime minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that restaurants grocery stores, mini markets,...

Ft Tengku 1 Ft Tengku 1
News12 hours ago

Man Loses Over RM500k After Being Scammed By ‘Tengku’ Royalty

Ever since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, more people have been taken advantage of through “love scams” in which...

Ft Petrol Ft Petrol
News19 hours ago

Petrol Stations, Convenience Stores And F&B Allowed To Operate Till Midnight

With the recent announcement that more tourist destinations such as Perhentian Island, Genting Highlands and more will be reopening soon,...

80 80
News21 hours ago

80% Of The Adult Population In M’sia Has Been Fully Vaccinated One Week Before Target!

The government previously set a target to achieve herd immunity by October 2021, with 80% of the adult population being...

Nano Nano
News2 days ago

KKM: Nano Mist Spray Should Be Used To Disinfect Surfaces Only, NOT Humans

You might have noticed several posts on social media where people have been recommending nano mist sprays for the purpose...

Gunung Jerai Flash Flood Act Of God Gunung Jerai Flash Flood Act Of God
News2 days ago

Takiyuddin: Natural Disaster In Kedah Is An “Act Of God” & Not Due To Logging

Now that the parliament is up and running again, it seems like everything is back to normal with all the...

Home Quarantine Home Quarantine
News2 days ago

KKM: Fully Vaccinated Individuals Can Quarantine At Home Upon Arrival In Malaysia

Fully vaccinated travellers can now opt to quarantine at home upon arrival in Malaysia, provided they make an application 7-10...

Beach Park Ft Beach Park Ft
News3 days ago

Penang Beach Park Forced To Shut Down After Thousands Of Visitors Were Spotted

A beach park in Penang, Taman Rekreasi Pantai Robina (also known as Robina Eco Park), has been forced to shut...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY