fbpx
Connect with us

News

51yo Man Eats Fish Cake That Was Too Hot, Throat Swells Up & Chokes Him to Death

Published

51Yo Man Eats Fish Cake That Was Too Hot, Throat Swells Up &Amp; Chokes Him To Death - World Of Buzz 1
Source: MNN & BBC

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

A 51-year-old man died when he swallowed an extremely hot fishcake that stopped him from breathing because his throat was burnt so badly.

Darren, a wedding planner from England, was sampling food at a venue on 4th April when he was given a hot fishcake by a chef. Moments later, he sensed something was wrong and went to the Urgent Care Ward at Chorley Hospital when the pain in his throat intensified.

Recipe Image Legacy Id 3007 11

Source: bbc

According to Metro, Darren was given paracetamol and sent home, but at 9pm his voice box began swelling up until he couldn’t breathe or swallow because of the pain and swelling. Neil, his partner, heard him choking and ran upstairs.

“He was stood up choking and coughing so I banged his back but then he slid forward onto the floor,” Neil said.

Darren was taken to the hospital for treatment, but nothing could be done because the damage was so far down his throat that doctors could not see the damage without specialist equipment. Darren died after midnight.

Pri 89249724 E1570704874943

Darren & neil | source: metro

According to pathologist, Dr Patrick Waugh, the condition that Darren had is usually found in people who were killed in house fires. They were found to have burned airways after inhaling smoke.

“The patient can appear well, they will be talking to you, but then the swelling starts,” he said.

At Bolton Coroners’ Court, asphyxiation – the state or process of being deprived of oxygen – was determined as the cause of Darren’s death.

Man Coughing.jpg.653X0 Q80 Crop Smart

Source: mnn

“I believe there are enormous lessons to be learned,” acting senior coroner Alan Walsh said

“This was caused by eating a fishcake, very small and very hot but with catastrophic consequences. I find this an immense tragedy.”

“Darren was a larger than life character, always helping other people and was the centre of attention,” Neil, his partner said.

“He would take over a room if he walked in. He did loads for charity and was well liked in the community.”

Remember to blow on your hot food before putting it in your mouth as your throat is very sensitive!

RIP Darren 🙁

 

Also read: Woman Left With Burns & Blinded Eye From Explosion After She Microwaved Eggs for 6mins

Eggss

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 3 2 Collage 3 2
News12 hours ago

“Keep boycotting” – Dr Akmal is NOT Happy About KK Mart’s Expanded Business in Uzbekistan

KK Mart once again made headlines but in a rather inspiring way. PMX’s recent visit to Uzbekistan was accompanied by...

Feat Image Instant Noodle Feat Image Instant Noodle
News13 hours ago

Study: M’sians Ate 1.64 Million Servings of Instant Noodles Last Year, 13th Highest in the World!

Since it was invented by Momofuku Ando in Japan back in 1958, instant noodles have become a staple food virtually...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News15 hours ago

“We won’t join them” – Cheras Teens Get Beaten Outside Restaurant by Gang Members for Not Joining Them

Some gang members are notorious to the extent that physical force is used to intimidate victims who “disobey” them. A...

My Post 1 2024 05 23T135856.920 My Post 1 2024 05 23T135856.920
News15 hours ago

Terengganu Resort Owner Fined RM25K for Organising ‘Aloha Party’ Without Approvals from Authorities

The owner of the private resort operating on Pulau Lang Tengah was fined RM25,000 for organising the ‘Aloha Party‘ without...

Collage 52 Collage 52
News17 hours ago

“They broke into my house, stole my motorcycle” – Another Footballer from Selangor FC Gets Targeted

With the perpetrators who assaulted 3 different footballers recently still on the loose, another football player from the Selangor FC...

Feat Image Botak Kl Feat Image Botak Kl
News18 hours ago

Study: 29.24% of Men in Malaysia Have Male Pattern Baldness, the 11th Highest in Asia

A recently published global study about male pattern baldness yielded some interesting results about the prevalent of bald men in...

My Post 1 2024 05 23T103601.660 My Post 1 2024 05 23T103601.660
News19 hours ago

Group in Alphard Ambushes Man in Batu Pahat, Believed to be Ah Longs or Debt Collectors

It’s scary to think that people can get ambushed anywhere, at any time! A person learned this the hard way...

My Post 2 53 My Post 2 53
News2 days ago

Ireland, Norway & Spain are Now Recognising Palestine as a State, Calls for Others to Join!

Countries all over the world have been divided in the Israel-Palestine conflict but one thing is becoming apparent now, the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY