fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

29yo Woman Almost Died From Horrible Allergic Reaction to Hair Dye Even After a Patch Test

Published

29Yo Woman Almost Died From Horrific Allergic Reaction To Hair Dye Even After A Patch Test - World Of Buzz
Source: Shutterstock & Daily Mail

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

A 29-year-old woman shared how she has been suffering for almost ten years after she had an allergic reaction to hair dye that almost killed her!

Back in 2010, Robyn Cherry from England went to the hair salon to get her hair coloured brown, which she describes as “the worst mistake of her life”.

She said that she would usually bleach her hair blonde twice a month. She would do a patch test and wait 48 hours before carrying on.

22905542 7844873 Image M 3 1577962198943

Source: daily mail

“I always did a patch test and waited 48 hours. But after many years, I decided to go back to my natural brown hair,” she said.

“The salon gave me a patch test the day before my appointment which didn’t reveal any reaction.”

“The next day the hairdresser asked me to come in and they dyed my hair brown”

Robyn then shared that a few minutes after leaving the salon, her scalp started burning. She ignored the sensation but woke up the following morning and realised that her face had swollen to twice its size!

22905544 7844873 Image A 4 1577962212134

Source: daily mail

“My head literally looked like a tomato, I was so scared. And the pain was agonising. My head was burning so much I felt like it was going to pop off,” she said.

“My mum took me to the GP, but the receptionist told us to go to hospital immediately. Mum was worried and revealed that my face was swelling up, even as we were driving to hospital.”

By the time they reached the hospital, Robyn’s face had swollen so much that her airways were blocked, making it difficult for her to breath. She was immediately brought to the resuscitation unit.

“I could feel my face getting even bigger and my eyes had swollen shut. I was completely blind, it was horrible,” she said.

“I heard doctors saying my hair was coming out in clumps and my scalp was covered in blisters that kept bursting.”

“I kept passing out every few minutes because of the pain and was absolutely hysterical. Doctors gave me adrenaline shots and steroids.”

“They said it was the worst reaction they’d ever seen and, if I’d left it another hour, I would have died. I was terrified and kept begging them to help me.”

22905546 7844873 Image A 5 1577962271032

Source: daily mail

Doctors later discovered that Robyn had a horrible reaction to paraphenylenediamine (PPD), a common ingredient in hair dye. They said that the patch test the hair salon had given her should’ve been left for 48 hours instead of 24.

Robyn’s breathing returned to normal within 16 hours and she was discharged from the hospital. But after six hours of being home, she stopped breathing as her airways were swollen shut again and was rushed back to the hospital.

Robyn was in and out of the emergency ward every four days suffering from allergic reactions. She realised that she never reacted to hair dye before because there was no PPD in bleach.

“I became allergic to most foods, spices, nuts, alcohol and clothing. I couldn’t eat at restaurants, wear nice clothes or go out for drinks with my friends. My life became a living hell,” she said.

The release of PPD had caused Robyn’s body to go into a state of shock, which meant she was having severe allergic reactions to everyday items.

This included being allergic to sunlight! Every time she went into the sun, her skin would be covered in blisters filled with pus. She would also have hives all over her body and would feel faint.

Robyn was then diagnosed with polumorphic light eruption and solar urticaria in 2011 as a result of the reaction, a rare condition that made her sensitive to sunlight.

Istockphoto 511739493 640X640 1

Source: istock

“I’ll be on extremely strong antihistamines and steroids for the rest of my life. During summer I can’t enjoy beach holidays or even spend the day in a pub garden.”

“Going to the hairdresser that day was the worst decision I’ve ever made but sadly I cannot take it back. Now, I want to warn others about the dangers of dyeing their hair.”

“Please always do a patch test and, if you go to the hairdresser, make sure they wait 48 hours.”

Oh no! Please listen to Robyn’s advice and make sure to do a patch test before dyeing your hair, and make sure to wait at least 48 hours before proceeding.

 

Also read: 20yo Woman Suffered Third Degree Chemical Burns After Bleaching Her Own Hair to Save Money

20Yo Woman Suffered Third Degree Chemical Burns After Bleaching Her Own Hair To Save Money - World Of Buzz


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

My Post 2021 12 02T121321.262 My Post 2021 12 02T121321.262
News1 hour ago

Malaysia Airlines Flight Was Searched When It Landed In Bangladesh Due To Bomb Threat

A Malaysian Airlines flight was searched after it landed at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka, Bangladesh, following news...

Ft Kj Ft Kj
News3 hours ago

KJ: Senior Citizens & High Risk Group People Advised To Avoid Crowd & Cancel Overseas Trip Due To Omicron

As the Omicron variant is spreading across the world, many countries have resorted to tightening their borders over fears of...

Dr Radzi Jidin Explains Sekolah Seri Puteri Infection Dr Radzi Jidin Explains Sekolah Seri Puteri Infection
News3 hours ago

73 In Cyberjaya Boarding School Contract Covid-19, Minister Explains What Happened

Back then, parents are worried about their kids mixing with the wrong group, consuming bad influences, etc. However, nowadays, parents...

My Post 2021 12 02T112158.725 My Post 2021 12 02T112158.725
News4 hours ago

Undi18 Will Officially Come Into Effect On 15 December

The automatic registration of voters, aged 18 and above, has officially been gazetted and will be implemented starting 15 December....

221 Year Old Penang Thai Pak Koong Temple Wins Unesco Heritage Award 221 Year Old Penang Thai Pak Koong Temple Wins Unesco Heritage Award
News4 hours ago

Penang’s 221-year-old Temple Receives UNESCO Cultural Heritage Conservation Award

We always say that Malaysia is a melting pot of culture hence, we have an abundance of cultural sites.  In...

Ft Countersue 1 Ft Countersue 1
News5 hours ago

Ain Husniza & Father are Countersuing Teacher, Will Sue Principal & Education Minister as Well

After having alleged to have casually made rape jokes in class, Ain Husniza’s former Physical Education teacher had sent a...

My Post 2021 12 01T203831.976 My Post 2021 12 01T203831.976
News19 hours ago

JUST IN: This Friday is a Public Holiday For KL, Putrajaya & Labuan!

Federal Territories Minister, Datuk Seri Shahidan Kassim, announced that this Friday, 3 December 2021, will be a public holiday for...

Ah Long Ft Ah Long Ft
News22 hours ago

Ah Long Mistakenly Splashes Paint on 4 Cars in Johor and Leaves Note Behind

Four vehicles belonging to residents at Taman Tampoi Indah 2, Tampoi, Skudai, were splashed with paint by an unknown individual...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY