Bleaching your hair is inherent in the process of dyeing your hair as it helps the colours appear more vibrant, especially if you’re looking at lighter colours. However, bleaching your hair is a very tedious process, not to mention expensive if you were to get a professional to do it for you.
Because of this, many people have resorted to buying their own bleach mixture and attempting to bleach their hair at home. While many have been successful and are happy with the results, there are some who end up with chemical burns all over their head.
According to Daily Mail, a 20-year-old woman suffered horrible chemical burns after attempting to bleach her own hair.
Annaliese Fox said that she bought a $10.99 (RM46) powder bleach and applied the mixture to her hair and wrapped her hair in cling wrap before going out to buy some hair dye from a nearby store.
After about an hour of applying the bleach, her scalp and neck felt extremely hot and she said it felt like she was being pressed against a hot stove.
“Your head is meant to burn a bit with bleach on it but it was like my head was on fire,” she said.
“I started freaking out and ran to the bathroom at the store and ripped the cling wrap off and my head literally had steam coming from it.”
“It was so hot I couldn’t get the hair tie out to try to wash the bleach out and the tap was so low I only managed to get some out.”
Annaliese then rushed home went under a cold shower, but her skin was already damaged.
Later that night, she went to the hospital where doctors said that she had third-degree chemical burns and may need skin grafts to heal.
She then urges other women not to put themselves at risk by bleaching their own hair, and pay a professional to do it instead.
“It was such a stupid decision and you definitely shouldn’t do it, it’s not worth it at all and you could severely damage your hair,” she said.
“I’ve lost half my hair and I don’t know how much of it will grow back or how bad the scars will be.”
“It’s the most traumatic thing I’ve ever been through.”
Well, bleaching your own hair may be cheap, but the risks are very costly and certainly very painful.
OKU Grab Rider’s Motor Gets Stolen, Netizens Raise Funds & Find His Bike For Him
Everyone is just trying to make a living especially since the economic downfall brought on by the pandemic. Even if...
The Tabligh Cluster: How The Biggest Covid-19 Cluster In Malaysia Started & Ended in 4 Months
The Sri Petaling Tabligh cluster, also known as the biggest Covid-19 cluster in Malaysia, came to an end yesterday (8th...
Video: Motorcyclist in KL Gets Angry & Throws Punches After Another Rider Almost Knocks Him
Road rage is not a good look on anybody. Yesterday (8th July) an ugly incident of road rage was recorded...
Visitors At Bukit Kiara Are Pooping & Leaving Tissue On The Hiking Trails; TRAKS Releases PSA
People seem to really miss the outdoors that they’re answering nature’s call in nature, or maybe they’ve lost all sense...
Sri Lanka Rangers Spot Possible Rare Baby Elephant Twins
A pair of baby elephants feeding from the same mother have been spotted in a Sri Lankan national park, with...
- News24 hours ago
Photo Of Baby Boy Holding An IUD In His Hand Right After Birth Goes Viral
- Lifestyle23 hours ago
Looking For A Relaxing Staycation Near KL? This Hotel Might Be For You!
- News22 hours ago
Couple Gets Swept Away By Massive Waves During Their Wedding Photoshoot At The Beach
- Features18 hours ago
11 Things That Only Interns Will Relate To During Their Internship Journey