“…I was drinking and chewing on some pearls then I bit on something hard.”
That’s something you wouldn’t want to encounter while you enjoy your dose of boba.
Apparently, the “something hard” was a FINGERNAIL. This horrifying experience was shared by an anonymous Singaporean on Stomp yesterday (8th November). According to the confession, this incident happened on 5 November, when Anon purchased a cup of “green milk tea” from KOI at Serangoon’s NEX shopping mall.
After chewing on the hard “object”, her first instinct was to take it out and have a look. It was a piece of small YELLOW nail, and it somewhat looked like a pinky nail because of its size. EWW.
THAT is a long piece of broken nail.
When she found out about the broken fingernail in her drink, she was already back at her office. Thus, she called the boba outlet to lodge a complaint, hoping for the shop to take it seriously.
However, she was responded with:
“We’re very sorry, can you come down to NEX and we’ll give a new drink?”
Anon expressed that hygiene was a serious issue, and she hoped that it shouldn’t be taken lightly. So the shop offered a full refund AND a new drink. Traumatised from chewing on the fingernail, it made her sick in her stomach and she forced herself to vomit, hoping she would feel better.
She did receive the full refund and a new drink on the same day when a man delivered these items to her office. Upon receiving Stomp’s query, KOI Singapore made a statement regarding this incident and they apologised to Anon.
We feel so sorry for Anon to have to experience this traumatising event, and hopefully, she will still be able to enjoy boba in the future. Hygiene is not something to be taken lightly, and it seems like stricter regulations should be implemented! 🤮
Govt: Misleading Ads Are Prohibited, Action Can Be Taken Against Advertisers
Have you ever saw a food ad, got tempted by it how awesome it looks, went to buy the food...
Malaysian Couple Who Rescues Injured Animals Seeks To Get Rid Of Social Stigma Surrounding Dogs
For the past eight years, 28-year-old Nurul Ain Abdul Hamid and her husband, Muhammad Razeef Che Samah, have been rescuing...
Malaysian Exposed By UK Tabloid For Intl Human Organ Trading Arrested in Kuching
The man who was recently exposed by The Sun in the UK for illegally selling human organs in the international...
Limit on Hiring Foreign Workers In Malaysia To Be Lifted, But Local Workers Should Be Prioritised
On 29 July, it was made official that foreign workers are limited to working in only three sectors which are...
“I Thought It Was A Doll!” Shocked Passerby Finds Body Of Baby With Umbilical Cord Still Intact In Sabah
Disclaimer: Graphic images, viewer discretion is advised. The body of a poor little baby boy was found after he was...
- Current Affairs15 hours ago
4-year-old Kedah Girl Dies After Father Forgets and Leaves Her In The Car For 10 Hours
- News15 hours ago
M’sian Reveals How He Got Kicked Out Of Rented Subang Unit Once Owner Found Out He Was Indian
- News11 hours ago
Woman Denied Entrance Into Kuala Lumpur Library For Wearing A “Revealing Blouse”
- Current Affairs12 hours ago
Pharmaceutical Company, Pfizer, Is Reported To Have Successfully Produced A Vaccine for Covid-19