Connect with us

News

RapidKL Clarifies It Will Still Continue Social Distancing Measures After Defence Minister Speech

Published

Lrtftcaption
Source: FOX News & YouTube

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Nobody is above the law, not even large corporations. And this cannot be more true of RapidKL, the current company which operates much of Kuala Lumpur’s main lines of public transport.

In an updated statement, the company has now updated on its initial wavering of social distancing SOPs, and will vow to continue enforcing them.

Thesun

This comes after the company CEO, Abdul Hadi Amran, had mentioned that all social distancing measures for RapidKL trains, chiefly the LRT Kelana Jaya line, LRT Ampang/Sri Petaling, MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang line and monorail line, will no longer be enforced. He also said that social distancing stickers at stations and carriages for these trains are being stripped by the company today.

But in his latest address to the nation, Defence Minister Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri has pointed out that the company has no authority to change social distancing measures on board public transport. As such, Rapid Rail Sdn Bhd has decided to adhere to the current stipulations for social distancing until further notice.

“This policy will be implemented until a new decision has been made by the government.

“We urge all passengers who will return to work on June 10 to adhere to the policies and cooperate with the Rapid KL team on duty at the stations,” the company said in a statement today, according to The Star.

Nst 3

Social distancing measures will continue to be implemented alongside temperature screenings, the use of face masks as well as hand sanitisers in all Rapid Rail stations. Trains will also continue to be sterilised.

What do you guys think of this development? 

 

Also read: JUST IN: Social Distancing Will No Longer Be Enforced On RapidKL Trains By Tomorrow (June 10th)

Socialdistanceftnewcaption

Source: The Sun
Source: NST

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Ktmft Ktmft
News9 hours ago

KTMB Stops Man Attempting to Steal 250m of Cable Tracks in Johor, Bags of Cable Cutting Tools Seized

Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) successfully foiled an attempt to steal approximately 250 metres of cable along the Kempas Baru–Kulai...

Motorft Motorft
News14 hours ago

3 Malaysian Motorcyclists Arrested for Performing Dangerous Stunts on KL–Seremban Highway

Lying face‑down on a motorcycle in a “Superman” pose and weaving zig‑zag between vehicles were among the dangerous stunts performed...

Arrestft Arrestft
News16 hours ago

Thai Police Go Undercover in Lion Dance Costume to Arrest Thief Who Stole ~RM249k in Artefacts

Thai police pulled off an unconventional arrest during Chinese New Year celebrations this week, after slipping into a lion dance...

Stabft1 Stabft1
News17 hours ago

Woman in Her 50s Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing Mother with Can Opener in Kuala Pilah

An elderly woman was injured in the neck after being stabbed by her own daughter in an incident at Kampung...

Dd Ft 14 Dd Ft 14
News2 days ago

PMX Personally Delivers Aid to Banting Fire Victims, Including Family of 3yo Who Perished

A massive fire that broke out on 6 February destroyed about 90% of three houses in Banting, Selangor. As previously...

Collage 57 Collage 57
News3 days ago

“No-trading zone” – DBKL Seizes Goods from Illegal Vendors ‘Tainting’ Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad View

It did not take long for Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to take action against the illegal vendors dominating Dataran...

My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779 My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779
News4 days ago

“Ensuring public safety” – DBKL Clarifies ‘Dakwah’ Stall Closure, Claims NGO Official Never Appeared

Earlier today, we reported that popular Malaysian preacher Firdaus Wong called out Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) for allegedly closing...

Collage 50 Collage 50
News5 days ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY