Connect with us

Lifestyle

Older Android Devices Will Be Blocked From Accessing Google Apps Like YouTube & Gmail Starting 27 Sept

Published

Phone Ft
Source: Unsplash/Brett Jordan & Business Insider

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Mobile devices with the older Android software versions will lose access to Google apps like YouTube and Gmail in just a few days time, starting 27 September 2021.

Devices using the Android 2.3 launched in 2010 will be locked out of Google. The withdrawing support is said to be “as part of Google’s going efforts to keep our users safe”, as older versions of operating systems are way more vulnerable to bugs and hackers.

Currently, the latest Android version is Android 11, and the latest review of Android 12 Beta 5 has just been released earlier this month, thus Android 2.3 is far behind and ageing. Unless the users update their mobile phone to the newer versions or upgrade to Android 3.0, otherwise they will be logged out from their accounts.

The popular Google apps that will stop working include Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps, Play Store, Google Calendar and more. Some of the devices like Samsung Galaxy S2, Sony Xperia P, Sony Xperia Advance, Lenovo K800 and Sony Xperia Go are smartphones that are still stuck with the Android 2.3 version.

Nevertheless, users who are unable to upgrade their devices can still log into the applications via the browser.

Previously, Whatsapp also reported that it will stop working on older smartphones with similar safety concerns.

 

Also Read: WhatsApp Will Stop Working On These Older Smartphones Starting November

Whatsapp Ft

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Anwarft 1 Anwarft 1
News11 hours ago

“We can go even further!” – PMX Claims Malaysia Has ‘Extraordinary Potential’ if Governance Stays Clean

Malaysia has extraordinary potential to achieve even faster progress if it continues to be governed effectively and with integrity, said...

Feat Image Ringgit Feat Image Ringgit
News14 hours ago

Ringgit Has Gained 14% Against USD, So Why Haven’t Prices Gone Down? Finance Minister II Explains

Finance Minister II Datuk Seri Amir Hamzah Azizan has addressed concerns regarding why the prices of goods in Malaysia remain...

Collage 47 Collage 47
News15 hours ago

DBKL Raids Multiple Bars on Valentine’s Eve Including in Mont Kiara for Operating Without Licences

Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) uncovered multiple violations at three bars during an enforcement operation. DBKL conducted the operation on...

Feat Image New Source Feat Image New Source
News16 hours ago

Malaysia’s New Renewable Power Source: Penang is Turning Pig Waste Into Electricity for Homes Nationwide

Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow recently officiated the launch of a centralised biogas facility in Kampung Valdor, South Seberang...

Collage 45 Collage 45
News16 hours ago

Popular Shah Alam Massage Outlet Ordered to Close for Operating Without a Licence, Illegal Workers Detained

A popular Thai massage outlet in Setia Alam, Shah Alam, was raided on Thursday night (12 February) by officers from...

Lrtft Lrtft
News16 hours ago

Anthony Loke: Govt Not Planning to Limit Car Ownership Despite Worsening Congestion in Klang Valley

If you’ve found yourself sitting in Klang Valley traffic wondering whether Malaysia might one day limit how many cars people...

Collage 3 2 Collage 3 2
News20 hours ago

“Mask up in crowded areas” – M’sia Records 503 New Tuberculosis Cases, Selangor Ranks 2nd Highest

A total of 503 new tuberculosis cases have been detected nationwide, prompting authorities to urge Malaysians to mask up. As...

Collage 43 Collage 43
News20 hours ago

Married Couple Found Charred in Car That Caught Fire After Being Hit by Drunk 28yo Porsche Driver

A husband and wife were found charred inside their car yesterday (14 February) at around 12:55am, after the couple became...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY