As people age, some start experiencing weird pains on certain body parts or suddenly finding it hard to digest favourite foods.
Well, welcome to the 30s, the time where pains of ageing start to kick in! This is of course, not something experienced by all people but for those who live even an average lifestyle, there’s just no way to avoid these early signs:
1. Knee feels sore when getting up or exercising
This is a pretty common condition among people turning 30 and up, and it is basically because the ‘cushion’ between the knee joints – that help it move smoothly – have worn out. Some people get this condition called osteoarthritis simply because of genetics, while others experience it due to injuries or just from ageing.
For those who are feeling this, it’s best to consult an orthopaedist and seek their medical advice before it worsens. All those years of dancing in clubs during our 20s might have caught up 🙁
2. Stomach merajuks every time something is consumed
As a person ages, the stomach produces lesser acids that helps break down the foods we eat. Most foods will still be okay to eat but anything that’s harder to digest might be a bit too much for a 30-year-old’s tummy to take. Rubbery textured foods like squid or oysters might be harder to digest while spicy foods could also hurt the stomach. There goes the favourite sambal sotong dish! :'(
It might help to take some digestive enzymes to help the stomach break down the food but it would be best to consult a doctor first and see if there might be anything more serious that is affecting the digestion.
3. Frequently forgetting things from just five minutes ago
Ever walked into a room and completely forgetting the reason for walking in? What about forgetting something as common as closing the car door before walking off or leaving the stove or oven on at home?
Most people might dismiss this as ‘brain farts’ or just memory lapses but forgetting things very frequently may warrant a checked by a medical professional.
Multiple studies have shown that the most powerful treatment for mild memory problems is having regular exercise! There’s a whole range of other benefits from exercising too, obviously, and that’s a win-win situation. Time to get fit, fam!
4. Feeling drowsy before even starting work at the office
Some can’t get through a workday without feeling sleepy or tired before the day even starts. While some think it’s ‘laziness’, it may be something more physical-related instead.
It could be fatigue that’s caused by other health issues like anemia, hyperthyroidism, depression, or just from plain old ageing. There are also other factors that contribute to fatigue, such as diet and lifestyle.
Those who are experiencing this, even with adequate sleep and nutrition, look into this with a doctor.
5. Teeth has a build-up of hardened, yellow plaque
Plaque is that sticky film of bacteria that constantly builds up on and in between teeth. If plaque bacteria is not removed, it can irritate the gums and cause redness, bleeding and inflammation.
Bleeding gums are also a manifestation of gingivitis, which if untreated, could lead to periodontitis, a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and can eventually destroy the bone that supports teeth. Periodontitis can cause teeth to loosen or lead to tooth loss. So make sure to keep them clean and get them checked regularly!
6. Feeling exhausted even after a full night’s sleep
According to a national sleep survey done by Neilsen Malaysia in 2018, about 89% of Malaysians suffer from one or more sleep problems.
- Nearly 46% of individuals report about waking up in the middle of the night
- 32% feel tired or unrested in the morning
While there are many factors that can affect sleep, one important thing to note (and not take granted for) is a good quality mattress! After a long day at work and running errands, who wouldn’t want a nice, deep sleep they can look forward to every night, right?
A good mattress can improve quality of sleep and overall health, guys! By setting a proper sleeping posture, it alleviates pressure from the spine and neck throughout the night – thus making sure good sleep is attained.
In an effort to help Malaysians achieve a healthier and better quality of life, Coway is offering a solution that provides holistic improvement to our every day needs: clean water, good sleep and fresh air. Wow!
These three products under Coway are available to Malaysians in a cost-friendly solution:
- GLAZE water purifier – RM119/month including free five-year service
- Redefining coolness with the new Cold Water+ function, GLAZE dispenses the coldest temperature of water continuously thanks to two separate water tanks holding ambient water and cold water
- Safe drinking water with multiple filters and Reverse Osmosis (RO) filtration that removes harmful chemicals and prevents the growth of bacteria
- State-of-the-art features such as water volume control, digital touch panel, child safety lock and more
- Prime Series super single mattress – RM129/month (mattress only) or RM159/month (mattress + bed frame) including free five-year service
- Made with premium materials including memory foam, 100% natural latex, coconut fibre and a five-zone pocket spring
- First premium mattress rental in Malaysia with regular care service
- Comfortable sleep with a multi-level body support system
- Comes in King size, Queen size and a newly-launched Super-Single size, suitable for any body shape or weight
- Changeable topper ensures optimum hygiene and quality
- 5-year mattress care service including dust cleaning for mattress and bed frame, dust mite repellent, UV sterilisation and fogging disinfection
- LOMBOK III air purifier – RM109/month including free five-year service
- Provides real-time updates on the level of micro-fine dust particles and strong odours in the air
- An air purifier with ioniser which eliminates activated oxygen and static electricity in the air
- Clean air solution with 6-step filtration with RBD Plasma filter that removes large or small particles of dust, germs, harmful gas and more
It’s surprising how people take these things for granted when it actually can boost overall health – right at home too! The best part is, there’s a choice of either buying them outright or renting them if there’s budget constraints.
ICYMI, Coway has been dedicated to researching and developing environmental solutions particularly in personal health and wellbeing since the late 80s. Their high-tech products are made with thoughtful designs that aim to make the world a better, cleaner and safer place.
C’mon guys, it’s time to start living better so that we can become Stronger Together with Coway!
PM: M’sia Has Low Inflation Rate Compared To Other Countries
According to Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob, the rise in living costs happens not only in Malaysia but worldwide, and...
KJ: MySejahtera’s Traveller Pass No Longer Needed For M’sians Returning Home Starting 4 July
Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin has announced that the requirement for Malaysians coming back to the country from overseas to complete...
Tourism Minister: M’sians Can Redeem Up To RM100 E-Vouchers To Purchase Domestic Flight Tickets
Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri yesterday announced that five airlines are offering e-vouchers valued between RM25...
Minister Urges M’sians To Not Consume Cannabis-Infused Food & Drinks In Thailand
Many Malaysians and Singaporeans love to go to Thailand for short vacays as it is cheap and nearby. Recently, Thailand...
M’sian Couple Gets Into Accident & Steals Road User’s Car To Flee, Leaving Their Son’s Body Behind
After getting into an accident on Jalan Sungai Kelamah-Jelai-Gemas, Negeri Sembilan, a couple decided to leave the body of their...
149 Immigrants Reportedly Die In Sabah Detention Depot In Last 18 Months, Politician Responds
Recently, a report by the Indonesian NGO titled ‘Like In Hell’ claims that immigrants held at a detention depot in...
WATCH: Group In Sri Petaling Riot & Damage Cars In Fight, PDRM Investigates
Twenty individuals suspected of being involved in a fight on Monday at Jalan Radin Bagus, Sri Petaling, are being hunted...
Blood Donation Campaign in JB Allegedly Gives Away Pork-Flavoured Instant Noodles, PDRM Investigates
A present must occasionally be appropriate to prevent any unintended misconceptions. A recent blood drive in Johor Bahru came under...
Social Stories10 hours ago
WATCH: Baby Falls Out Of Moving Vehicle & Onto The Road In Rawang
Social Stories7 hours ago
PM: Calling For Tajuddin To Be Dropped As Ambassador To Indonesia Akin To Challenging Agong’s Authority
News10 hours ago
PM: M’sia Has Low Inflation Rate Compared To Other Countries
Social Stories10 hours ago
WATCH: Delivery Rider Helps Ambulance Weave Through Traffic