Connect with us

News

Defence Minister: Govt Will Reinstate MCO If New Cases Reach 3 Digits

Published

Newsopsftcaption
Source: The Sun Daily & The Edge Prop

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

In the latest update to come from the Malaysian Minister of Defence, the government has now gone on the record to announce that the Movement Control Order (MCO) that was enforced previously on 18th March will be reinstated once more should new cases in Malaysia reach triple-digit figures.

Edgeprop

Malaysians have been too lax with abiding by necessary sops.

This is in light of the rising uptick in new cases as seen in the past four days, said Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri. Much of this has been attributed to Malaysians and our negligence in following through with the current SOPs that have already been prescribed by the federal government during the beginning of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) that began on 10th June 2020.

“Many of us have forgotten about the need to abide by the SOPs, which has resulted in the rise of cases in Malaysia.

We hope that it isn’t too late, and the SOPs for Eid al-Adha will be announced on Monday (27th July 2020).” he told members of press.

Thesundaily

The minister of defence has said that new sops will be announced on monday (27th july 2020).

The Minister has also expressed his concern over the sacrificial ceremonies that will be held over the long weekend that traditionally follows the Eid al-Adha celebrations, and whether Malaysians are complying by social distancing measures.

He has added that as of now, cross-state travel is still permitted for the time being unless otherwise specified during tomorrow’s announcement, reports Harian Metro and Berita Harian. The Ministry of Health and relevant government agencies will also be keeping a close eye over the long weekend to observe any change in the current Covid-19 statistics in Malaysia.

As of yesterday (25th July 2020), 23 new cases were found in the span of 24-hours, resulting in two new clusters. This brings the total number of cases in Malaysia to 8,884 cases, with 167 active cases. No new deaths have been reported thus far.

Again, Malaysians are reminded to once again be sure that they abide by the SOPs to avoid the likelihood of another spike of cases. 

 

Also read: UPDATE: Govt Has Decided To Tighten RMCO SOPs In Light Of Rising Covid-19 Cases In M’sia

Sopftnewcaption

Source: EDGE Prop

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 50 Collage 50
News2 hours ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News21 hours ago

“You are on my radar” – Yang di-Pertuan Agong Warns Corrupt Officers in MACC & Other Govt Agencies

His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Ibrahim has warned that more individuals are now on His Majesty’s “radar” in...

Dd Ft Dd Ft
News1 day ago

PDRM: Up to 7 Years’ Jail, RM10k Fine for Fireworks Other Than ‘Happy Boom’ & ‘Pop-Pop’ This CNY

The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) has reminded the public that possessing, selling, buying or setting off firecrackers and fireworks for...

Anwarft 1 Anwarft 1
News2 days ago

“We can go even further!” – PMX Claims Malaysia Has ‘Extraordinary Potential’ if Governance Stays Clean

Malaysia has extraordinary potential to achieve even faster progress if it continues to be governed effectively and with integrity, said...

Feat Image Ringgit Feat Image Ringgit
News2 days ago

Ringgit Has Gained 14% Against USD, So Why Haven’t Prices Gone Down? Finance Minister II Explains

Finance Minister II Datuk Seri Amir Hamzah Azizan has addressed concerns regarding why the prices of goods in Malaysia remain...

Collage 47 Collage 47
News2 days ago

DBKL Raids Multiple Bars on Valentine’s Eve Including in Mont Kiara for Operating Without Licences

Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) uncovered multiple violations at three bars during an enforcement operation. DBKL conducted the operation on...

Feat Image New Source Feat Image New Source
News2 days ago

Malaysia’s New Renewable Power Source: Penang is Turning Pig Waste Into Electricity for Homes Nationwide

Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow recently officiated the launch of a centralised biogas facility in Kampung Valdor, South Seberang...

Collage 45 Collage 45
News2 days ago

Popular Shah Alam Massage Outlet Ordered to Close for Operating Without a Licence, Illegal Workers Detained

A popular Thai massage outlet in Setia Alam, Shah Alam, was raided on Thursday night (12 February) by officers from...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY