Connect with us

News

China Announces Ban On Wildlife Trading Across The Nation Until Epidemic Is Fully Cured

Published

China Announces Ban On Wildlife Trading Across The Nation Until Epidemic Is Fully Cured - WORLD OF BUZZ
Source: WashingtonPost

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

On Sunday (26th January), China announced the banning of wildlife trade until the Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic is under control, after evidence surfaced that the virus was transmitted through a seafood market in Wuhan.

The State Administration of Market Supervision, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, and the National Forestry and Grass Bureau has posted an online statement on a China government website to announce the ban on wild animal trading from the date of the announcement until the national epidemic is lifted.

The regulations announced trading activities including quarantine of wildlife animals in various places are prohibited and trading wildlife animals through markets, supermarkets, catering units, and e-commerce platforms are also prohibited.

Citizens who encounter or witness any trading of wildlife animals can report through the local hotline or platform.

Authorities also stated that any violation of the provisions of the announcement shall be investigated and dealt with severely in accordance with the law and regulations.

Operators and places of operation shall be closed for rectification and seizure. Those suspected of the crime shall be transferred to public security organisations.

ap 20025208863186

Source: NY Post

The announcement also warned the public to be conscious of what they are consuming and to stay away from eating wildlife animals. The citizens should focus on eating healthily and to stay away from eating wild game.

Sadly, the regulations only apply until the epidemic dies down, raising the question of whether the wildlife trade will ever stop.

According to Washington Post, a chief global veterinarian at the Wildlife Conservation Society, Christian Walzer, called the regulations an “important first step” but added the ban needs to be permanent.

Walzer added that “the pattern will keep repeating itself until we ban, not only in China but in other countries, the sale of wildlife, specifically for food and in food markets.”

WildAid founder, Peter Knights said the epidemic could have been prevented if the ban after SARS had been permanent.

He also said that “surely it’s time for an advanced country like China to reassess the viability of a tiny industry that risks global pandemic, national image, animal cruelty and conservation concerns.”

Although the market said to be the source of the epidemic has been closed since the beginning of January, China remains a major consumer of wildlife animals both for meals and medicines.

Medical and wildlife experts hope this epidemic will help to change the attitudes of the public. The state China Central Television condemned the consumption of wild animals and called the new coronavirus a “game meat virus.”

It seems like a section of the public is obsessed with eating game and pursues their meals with gluttony and greed. These actions cause the entire human race to pay the price.

We urge everyone to stay safe and maintain your personal hygiene wherever you go. Be sure to use a face mask and carry a hand sanitiser or wash your hands constantly.

 

Also read: Breaking: Three Chinese Citizens In Malaysia Test Positive For Wuhan Coronavirus

Breaking: Three Chinese Citizens In Malaysia Tested Positive For Coronavirus - WORLD OF BUZZ 2

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

My Post 1 2025 04 04T103642.409 My Post 1 2025 04 04T103642.409
News51 minutes ago

“I’m no longer B40, I’m homeless” – Pensioner Loses 9 Houses in Putra Heights Blast, Suffers RM1.5mil in Damages

A government pensioner, who was among the victims of the gas pipeline explosion in Putra Heights on Tuesday (April 1),...

feat image burning feat image burning
News19 hours ago

Bomba Extinguishes Open Burning Near Gas Pipeline in Seremban, Just 2 Days After Putra Heights Explosion

Malaysia was rocked by a shocking incident recently, whereby a gas pipeline exploded in Putra Heights, Selangor, causing hundreds to...

collage 6 collage 6
News19 hours ago

Gas Pipeline Fire: Tan Sri Vincent Tan to Donate RM3,000 to Each Affected Family, Says Anthony Loke

The Minister of Transport, Anthony Loke, visited the gas pipeline fire victims today (April 3) at the Putra Heights Mosque...

My Post 1 2025 04 03T155219.164 My Post 1 2025 04 03T155219.164
News19 hours ago

SG Teenager Detained After He Attempted to Buy Guns to Carry Out Deadly Attack on Mosques

A 17-year-old boy’s scheme to shoot up mosques in Singapore was thwarted by Singapore’s Internal Security Department (ISD), after he...

chloe FT 2 chloe FT 2
News22 hours ago

“Nowhere on earth is safe” – Trump Imposes Tariffs on 2 Islands Home to Only Penguins, No Humans

It was recently announced that the US would impose a 10% baseline tariff on all imports to the country and...

collage 5 collage 5
News23 hours ago

SG Woman & Boyfriend Sentenced to 19 & 30 Years in Jail Respectively for Abusing 4yo, Burning Her Corpse

Warning: This article mentions child abuse. Reader discretion is advised. 4-year-old Megan Khung was only four when she died from...

My Post 1 2025 04 03T110857.653 My Post 1 2025 04 03T110857.653
News1 day ago

Owner of Rottweilers That Attacked 5 People in Kedah Has Agreed to Euthanise His Dogs

The owner of the 2 Rottweilers that attacked and bit 5 people in an incident at Kuala Ketil, Baling, Kedah,...

feat image tariff feat image tariff
News1 day ago

Donald Trump Announces That The US Will Impose a 24% Reciprocal Tariff on Malaysia

US President Donald Trump made a bombshell announcement on Wednesday (2 April) that could have a massive impact on the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY