If you constantly find it difficult to stay within your budget, it is about time to review your spending habits, as you’re most probably doing things that hurt your finances without you realising it!
In this article, we explore some bad spending habits that you should definitely look out for. Keep on reading to find out what they are!
1. Skimping on everyday products
When it comes to everyday items like clothes, cookware, and nursery items, many of us tend to buy the cheapest options available to save money. But do you know that skimping on these products can cost you more in the future?
This is because cheap and low-quality items usually have short lifespans and need to be replaced regularly. As a result, you will end up spending more in the long run! Hence, the best way to save on these items is to purchase quality items during a sale.
2. Buying more to save more
To drive more sales, businesses tend to offer more discounts on larger purchases. This prompts many consumers to spend more than expected, thinking that buying more = saving more. Sadly, this is not always the case!
Besides draining our wallets, buying more things than we need can also lead to wastage, especially when it comes to perishable items like fresh produce and skin care products. Before making bulk purchases, consider the product’s shelf life and make sure you can use them up before they expire!
3. Doing aimless grocery shopping
Let’s be honest, how many of you shop for groceries without a shopping list or a proper meal plan? Before you realise it, you’ll be overbuying fresh produce for the week, or even overstocking on household cleaning products!
Don’t bust your budget by purchasing more groceries than you need! Plan your meals on a weekly basis so that you know how much fresh produce to buy. Besides, always come up with a list of items to get before your grocery shopping. This will save you time and energy too!
4. Paying more for convenience
Re-evaluate your spending habits, and you might notice how you may tend to spend more out of convenience. Think about the times when you drove to walkable locations, or when you withdrew cash from the out-of-network ATM machine next door.
While an extra transportation fare or service charge will not drastically drain your wallet, these small costs can quickly add up to overspending issues when paying more for convenience becomes a habit! Therefore, try keeping a spending journal and reflect on your spending habits to avoid sneaky or unnecessary fees.
5. Travelling to multiple locations for the best deals
Calling all avid deal hunters! Have you ever found yourself driving from store to store just to enjoy the best discounts on different products? Truth be told, instead of saving money, you’re most likely spending more on transportation when you pay for extra petrol, parking fees, and tolls!
To save more money, try planning your shopping trips wisely, like stopping by a grocery store on the way back from work. Besides, before you shop, look for a place where you can enjoy multiple discounts. Better yet, instead of driving out, consider online shopping so you don’t have to pay for petrol, parking, or tolls at all!
Other than cutting down on transportation fees, shopping online also allows you to explore and discover a variety of sales all at your fingertips so that you can compare prices and save more money! Not sure where you can grab the best deals? Check out ShopeePay Day, an amazing promo that happens on the 1st day of every month!
This 1st September, be sure to catch ShopeePay Day offering TONS of exclusive deals unlike any other!
From online shopping to dining in and topping up mobile plans, ShopeePay Day allows all Malaysians to enjoy more savings with exciting discounts and rewards! Here’s what you can expect:
- Foodies, rejoice! On 1.9 ShopeePay Day, you’ll get to enjoy discounts on a wide variety of food from the likes of:
- Baskin Robbins: Up to 30% OFF e-vouchers
- Secret Recipe: 15% OFF premium & regular whole cake
- Kenny Rogers Roasters: As low as RM1.88 e-vouchers
- Pizza Hut: Up to 50% OFF MyBox Classic
- Domino’s Pizza: 2 Regular Pizza + Fabulous Four at only RM49.90
- Salad Atelier: Up to 40% OFF 2 x Green Curry Chicken Poke
- Already drooling? Follow the steps below to purchase and use your vouchers:
- From 12am – 2am and 12pm – 2pm, remember to log onto ShopeePay Day website to purchase e-vouchers at 50% OFF!
- Apart from the ShopeePay vouchers mentioned above, these discounts on e-vouchers also apply to many other brands, such as:
- Trevo Malaysia
- Mama Kim Wellness
- Eggette Lab
- Yes, you read that right! From 2pm – 4pm and 6pm – 8pm, you can stand a chance to get 100% cashback for your mobile prepaid top-ups if you use ShopeePay—how great is that?!
- Follow these simple steps to enjoy the rebate:
- During the promotion period, log onto Shopee homepage and select “Prepaid, Bills & Tickets”.
- Select “Prepaid” and top up a minimum of RM10.
- Click on “Directly Top Up” to reload to your phone number.
- Click on “Reload PIN Top Up” to purchase a reload PIN and reload on your own anytime.
- Tap on your desired telco provider, key in your phone number and top up amount.
- Select “ShopeePay” as your payment option during checkout and tap “Pay Now”.
- Simple as that, you’ll stand a chance to receive 100% cashback (RM10)!
- All you have to do is perform a transfer using ShopeePay! Here’s how:
- Select the “Transfer” icon on the ShopeePay homepage.
- Key in the phone number or Shopee username of the recipient.
- Input the transfer amount, tap “Next” and “Transfer Now”.
- Complete the transfer by inserting your ShopeePay pin or verifying with your Touch ID.
Psst… apart from all the above, there’s an exciting deal especially for loyal WOB readers too!
It’s limited to the first 500 users who check out starting today until 1st September only, so don’t dilly dally!
In case you didn’t know, starting 15th September, Shopee will also be partnering up with Google to offer you RM3 cashback when you make your first Google Play purchase using ShopeePay! Mark your calendar so you won’t miss the promotion!
For more exciting deals and discounts, visit the “ShopeePay Near Me” tab on the Shopee homepage. Haven’t downloaded the Shopee mobile app? You can find it on:
MCMC & PDRM Call TikTok’s Management to Explain “Sponsored Videos” on Repeat of May 13 Riots
Over the past few weeks, there has been a hike in the number of videos on TikTok of users calling...
Malaysia To Experience Cool, Chilly Weather Until February 2023
Considering that we are now very much well into the North East Monsoon season, the heat we’re so used to...
62yo Melaka Man Faces Multiple Charges After Shooting Neighbour’s Cat To Death With Air Rifle
An elderly man in Ayer Keroh, Melaka, is facing charges in court after he shot his neighbour’s cat to death...
Actor Who Portrays PM10 in an Upcoming Movie Escapes Prison Sentence, Fined RM5K for Drug Use
If you keep tabs on the local entertainment industry, you might be aware that there’s a biopic about PM10, Dato...
Local Radio DJ Nearly Gets Shot at Her House After Bullets Go Through Front Door, PDRM Investigates
Being at home with doors closed, unfortunately, may not mean you’re completely safe anymore. Early this morning (November 30), a...
Kelantan Police Announce That Number of Cases of ‘Mat Rempits’ in the State Have Increased by 49%
One of the major issues that Malaysian road users have to face is the existence of ‘mat rempits’ on our...
Buddhist Temple in Bangkok Left Monk-less After All of Them Tested Positive For Meth
Based on a report by AFP, a Buddhist temple in central Thailand was left without monks after all its holy...
Sany Hamzan Makes Police Reports Against Social Media Users Who Use Race & Religion as Political Weapon
A few days back, a Selangor state assemblyman, Mohd Sany Hamzan called for the Malaysian Islamic Party (PAS) to be...
Social Stories20 hours ago
M’sian Complains About How Her Mother-In-Law Wants To Sleep At Her Master Bedroom Instead
Social Stories22 hours ago
M’sian Stressed That Her Hubby’s Sister Gets Jealous Whenever She Receives Affection From Him
Social Stories24 hours ago
M’sian Says That Men Who Live in Low-Cost Flats Shouldn’t Have Girlfriends
Social Stories22 hours ago
UPDATE: DSAI’s New Cabinet Rumoured To Be Revealed Today