Using your mobile phone while charging is probably something really normal that most of us are used to doing but it might not be an advisable move. Tragedy struck on Friday (March 15) when a 7-year-old boy identified as Alfani Yeskiel Tuke died while he was using his grandmother’s mobile phone.
According to Tribun, Alfani was believed to have died due to an electric shock from his grandmother’s mobile phone. Apparently, he was playing with it while she was charging her phone in the living room in their home at Hane, East Nusa Tenggara in Indonesia.
His grandmother, Ruth said that she saw him playing with the phone at around 5pm before she went out to bring the cow that was grazing nearby their house. When she came back at around 6pm, she found her grandson looking like he had fallen asleep as he was lying on the living room’s floor without his shirt.
She walked over and wanted to shake his shoulder to wake him up but when she touched him, she got an electric shock. She panicked and started screaming for help which alerted one of her neighbours, Wendi Sabuna who rushed to her aid along with a few others.
Wendi immediately turned off the power supply in the house and removed the mobile phone that was still in the grip of Alfani. The incident was reported to the police who confirmed that little Alfani died due to an electric shock he received while he was playing with his grandmother’s phone. His parents, who are working in Jakarta were informed of the little boy’s death as well.
This is not the first time that something like this has happened so please do be careful when you’re charging your phone!
Nga Kor Ming Resigns As Deputy Speaker Of The Parliament, Azalina Othman Takes His Place
Nga Kor Ming has announced his resignation as Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives with immediate effect. Nga shared...
Indonesian Couple Gets Married In Front of Deceased Father As They Did Not Want Him To Miss It
We want our parents to be with us during special moments, especially when we graduate, get married or have our...
M’sian Senator Suggests Introducing Sign Language As Third Language In Educational Institutes
It’s no secret that Malaysians have been somewhat insensitive towards the needs of disabled people, after all, there are still...
Passing On The Torch: Syed Saddiq Congratulates One Of S’pore’s Youngest MP-Elect
The future of tomorrow depends on the youth of today. Recently, one of our nation’s youngest MP’s, Syed Saddiq, congratulated...
Watch: Adorable White Lion Cub Rejected By His Mother, Bonds With Zookeeper Instead
Every child yearns for their mother’s love but the love isn’t limited to just humans. Animals also yearn for the...
- Current Affairs17 hours ago
Aishwarya Rai & Daughter Tests Positive For Covid-19; Husband & Father-In-Law Also Infected
- Current Affairs20 hours ago
Malaysian Man Arrested For Killing 3 Cats In a Washing Machine At Kepong Dobi
- Food17 hours ago
12 Unique Roti Canai In Malaysia You MUST Try At Least Once
- Current Affairs16 hours ago
15yo Teenager’s Arm & Hand Paralyzed After Playing Video Games For 22 HOURS Daily