Malaysia is truly a blessed country as we have good food, great people, and abundance of public holidays! Take last weekend for example, majority of Malaysians were ecstatic when our prime minister declared Monday (Sept 4) as a public holiday following the superb performance by our national athletes in the 2017 SEA Games. Great job guys!
With FIVE days off in a row, many chose to balik kampung or jalan-jalan around other states, which contributed to the horrendous traffic jam on major highways, especially PLUS highway.
So, we’ve compiled 20 moments you’d be able to understand if you’ve ever been stuck in an equally congested traffic jam, just like the one that happened over the recent long weekend.
1 . You start driving at 2am thinking there’d be less traffic
Yup, we thought wrong too.
2. Thinking it should be less jam by day since everybody started driving at night
Reverse psychology doesn’t work when everybody’s using it.
3. The moment you find out the one-hour jam was caused by this
Please moo-ve! Why you do this? We ain’t got beef with you!
4. Being stuck in traffic and your bladder is about to explode
Pro tip: Drink less water.
5. It takes forever just to enter an R&R station, and there’s usually no parking space
6. The queue at the toilet is testing how long your bladder can tahan
Thanks to the invention of urinals, there’s usually a shorter queue or none at all at the men’s toilet.
7. As the pressure builds up, your bladder slowly turns into a time bomb
You start looking around for empty containers as back up plan in case you fail to make it to the toilet in time.
8. “Trust me, there’s less traffic on older roads and not many people know about it”
Trust no one!
9. Listening to the same song for the 123,456th time
10. When your whole body starts to ache
Sitting in the car for 10 hours straight has fossilised your bones and joints. Sadly, there’s nothing you can do about it, except to suffer! 🙁
11. Being stuck behind a car with brake lights that burn your eyes
Who needs eyes right?
12. When cars with HID lights tailgate you
Once they flash, your whole life flashes before your eyes. RIP, eyes. x_x
I swear, cars with HID lights approaching fast from behind look like this:
13. The anger of watching inconsiderate drivers abusing the emergency lane is real
‘Can’t wait’ and ‘late for appointment’ are not exactly emergencies okay.
Seriously though, unless you’re driving an ambulance or fire engine, you should never ever occupy the emergency lane to prevent the lane from getting blocked during a REAL emergency.
14. Being envious of the smooth traffic on the opposite direction
15. Checking Waze for alternative routes and realising there’s no way out
You know it’s jam everywhere, but you still check anyway.
16. You strike up a conversation with your buddies in the car, but nobody layan you because they’re all dead inside
17. Once the traffic is moving again, you abandon eco-driving and embrace your inner Dominic Toretto
18. But two minutes later, the same nightmare greets you again
Hello darkness my old friend, I’ve come to talk with you again…
19. When you want to scroll through social media but the internet connection is poor on the highway
20. The exhilaration when you finally reach your destination after 12 hours on the road
The journey may be long and exhausting, but it’s all worth it when we get to spend time with our friends and family over the weekend. How many of these moments can you relate to?
M’sian Mother Reports Her Son’s Abuse After Seeing Heartbreaking Video Of Nanny Hitting Him
One of the many difficult things about being a working parent is figuring out how to take care of the...
12yo Kelantan Girl Dies From Allegedly Being Struck By Lightning While Using Her Phone
A 12-year-old girl is believed to have died after being struck by lightning while using her smartphone in her home...
Kuantan Student’s Hair & Uniforms Cut Up While She Slept, PDRM Investigates Alleged Bullying Case
Another case of bullying has been going viral on Facebook, this time in Kuantan, Pahang. Based on a report by...
Thai Boxer Dies From Brain Haemorrhage In A Muay Thai Match In Kelantan
There is a fine line to tread when it comes to sports that require their players to be violent. Too...
KL Mayor Unhappy That Businesses Are Still Not Flying The Jalur Gemilang, Urges Them To Do So
As Merdeka Day approaches, many business and homes often take the time to decorate their premises with the Jalur Gemilang...
More M’sians Are Receiving Scam Invites Asking Them To Travel To Cambodia
Recently, many job scam cases are happening in the country Cambodia, and many people from Taiwan, China, the Philippines and...
Tremors Felt At Kundasang & Ranau As Sabah Was Hit With Minor Earthquake Measuring 3.1 On The Richter Scale
Malaysia is generally safe from natural disasters such as earthquakes and volcano eruptions (because we don’t have any) due to...
Education Ministry To Build Bullying Complaints Portal To Tackle Bullying Issues In School
According to Malaysia’s Senior Education Minister Datuk Dr Radzi Jidin, a bullying complaints portal will be prepared by the Ministry...
Social Stories23 hours ago
“Such a pathetic & dirty girl” – Woman Falsely Accuses M’sian Influencer Of Sleeping With Her Husband
Social Stories23 hours ago
RM200 Million Adastra Superyacht Seen In Perlis, Catching The Attention Of Locals
Social Stories23 hours ago
M’sian Girl Who Went to Primary School in The UK Explains What A “Pen License” Is
Lifestyle22 hours ago
UK Study Shows Women With Smaller B-Cup Breast Sizes Are More Likely To Cheat