Connect with us

News

KTMB Stops Man Attempting to Steal 250m of Cable Tracks in Johor, Bags of Cable Cutting Tools Seized

Published

Ktmft
Source: KTMB | Facebook

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) successfully foiled an attempt to steal approximately 250 metres of cable along the Kempas Baru–Kulai route here, thanks to the swift action of its Auxiliary Police (PB) late Friday night (20 February).

In a statement, KTMB said that at 8:50 PM, the Train Control Centre received information regarding a signalling system disruption along the route before the PB team was instructed to conduct immediate patrols and inspections at the affected location.

Man E1771678549591

According to the statement, at around 11:30 PM, the on-duty personnel spotted a suspicious man at Kilometre 728.25 along the route.

“The suspect is believed to have been cutting the cables and attempted to flee upon realising the presence of security personnel.”

“However, due to the quick and efficient action of the PB members, the suspect was successfully detained at 11:47 PM,” the statement added.

Suspect had prior criminal records

KTMB said further checks found that a four-core cable had been cut in the area.

PB members also found several bags containing cable-cutting tools believed to have been used in the activity, which had been left near the scene.

Man2

The suspect was then handed over to the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) at the Kulai District Police Headquarters (IPD) for further investigation.

“Initial checks revealed that the man had 28 prior criminal records,” it said.

According to KTMB, trespassing and damaging railway property is a serious offence under the Railways Act 1991 (Act 463) and the Land Public Transport Act 2010 (Act 715).

The Acts provide for strict action, including fines, imprisonment, or both, against offenders found guilty.

 

Stay tuned for more updates.

 

Also read: “We found mattresses” – MRT Cable Thieves Lived Underground for Days, Caused RM21 Million in Losses

Collage 2

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Ktmft Ktmft
News38 seconds ago

KTMB Stops Man Attempting to Steal 250m of Cable Tracks in Johor, Bags of Cable Cutting Tools Seized

Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) successfully foiled an attempt to steal approximately 250 metres of cable along the Kempas Baru–Kulai...

Motorft Motorft
News4 hours ago

3 Malaysian Motorcyclists Arrested for Performing Dangerous Stunts on KL–Seremban Highway

Lying face‑down on a motorcycle in a “Superman” pose and weaving zig‑zag between vehicles were among the dangerous stunts performed...

Arrestft Arrestft
News7 hours ago

Thai Police Go Undercover in Lion Dance Costume to Arrest Thief Who Stole ~RM249k in Artefacts

Thai police pulled off an unconventional arrest during Chinese New Year celebrations this week, after slipping into a lion dance...

Stabft1 Stabft1
News7 hours ago

Woman in Her 50s Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing Mother with Can Opener in Kuala Pilah

An elderly woman was injured in the neck after being stabbed by her own daughter in an incident at Kampung...

Dd Ft 14 Dd Ft 14
News1 day ago

PMX Personally Delivers Aid to Banting Fire Victims, Including Family of 3yo Who Perished

A massive fire that broke out on 6 February destroyed about 90% of three houses in Banting, Selangor. As previously...

Collage 57 Collage 57
News2 days ago

“No-trading zone” – DBKL Seizes Goods from Illegal Vendors ‘Tainting’ Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad View

It did not take long for Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to take action against the illegal vendors dominating Dataran...

My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779 My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779
News3 days ago

“Ensuring public safety” – DBKL Clarifies ‘Dakwah’ Stall Closure, Claims NGO Official Never Appeared

Earlier today, we reported that popular Malaysian preacher Firdaus Wong called out Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) for allegedly closing...

Collage 50 Collage 50
News4 days ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY