Connect with us

Social Stories

Anthony Loke: Cracks Found on LRT Bandaraya’s Structure, Repair Works to Continue for 7 Months

Published

Collage 33
Source: Facebook | Anthony Loke Siew Fook & Facebook | Sin Chew

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

On 28 January, Rapid Rail decided to close the route between the Masjid Jamek and Bandaraya stations for safety reasons. Just today (February 22), Anthony Loke confirmed that the route will not be reopened for at least another 7 months for structural repair works.

330856844 3664719110422096 5063926837306334758 N

In his Facebook post and press conference today, Anthony said Prasarana Bhd is in the process of hiring contractors to carry out the work, which is expected to begin somewhere in March.

Following an investigation, Anthony revealed that he has discovered something shocking.

327423046 1256688238217285 3047447490683261766 N

“Investigations found that 3 viaduct structures and piers were cracked, believed to be caused by construction of a 44-storey hotel nearby.”

332725357 573988808097683 8317535979283715761 N

The damages were caused by the “ground movement” from the construction work. He added that the construction project did not obtain the approval of the Land Public Transport Agency (APAD). The 7-month period covers 2 months of temporary repairs and 5 months for comprehensive repairs.

He also said that as long as they are no greenlights from the consultants, the affected stations on the LRT Ampang line will NOT be reopened.

2014 11 30 14.38.04 1200X801 1

To those of you who commute within the line, Anthony said that the shuttle services & alternate bus services, which were introduced back on 27 January will be continued to ease the travel of the users.

In the meantime, when the Putrajaya Line MRT service is fully opened, users of the Ampang/Sri Petaling Line LRT will have an alternative to go to the city centre through interchange stations such as Chan Sow Lin, Titiwangsa and Sg Besi.

Possibility of legal actions

In a report by Astro Awani, Anthony said that after thorough investigations are completed, they will see if legal actions will be taken. This is because the cost of repairs will be fully paid by Prasarana Bhd, and he explained why he is not taking legal action now.

“Legal action will take a long time to complete, but the repair work has to be done right now. Many will complain about the closure but I have to take on the pressure for the sake of the safety of the users.”

Hopefully, the repair work will proceed smoothly so that the operation can resume regularly. 

 

Also read: Anthony Loke Says He Puts Himself in the Shoes of Public Transport Users to Understand the Issues

Collage 25

Source: MYJadual

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Motorft Motorft
News4 hours ago

3 Malaysian Motorcyclists Arrested for Performing Dangerous Stunts on KL–Seremban Highway

Lying face‑down on a motorcycle in a “Superman” pose and weaving zig‑zag between vehicles were among the dangerous stunts performed...

Arrestft Arrestft
News7 hours ago

Thai Police Go Undercover in Lion Dance Costume to Arrest Thief Who Stole ~RM249k in Artefacts

Thai police pulled off an unconventional arrest during Chinese New Year celebrations this week, after slipping into a lion dance...

Stabft1 Stabft1
News7 hours ago

Woman in Her 50s Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing Mother with Can Opener in Kuala Pilah

An elderly woman was injured in the neck after being stabbed by her own daughter in an incident at Kampung...

Dd Ft 14 Dd Ft 14
News1 day ago

PMX Personally Delivers Aid to Banting Fire Victims, Including Family of 3yo Who Perished

A massive fire that broke out on 6 February destroyed about 90% of three houses in Banting, Selangor. As previously...

Collage 57 Collage 57
News2 days ago

“No-trading zone” – DBKL Seizes Goods from Illegal Vendors ‘Tainting’ Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad View

It did not take long for Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to take action against the illegal vendors dominating Dataran...

My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779 My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779
News3 days ago

“Ensuring public safety” – DBKL Clarifies ‘Dakwah’ Stall Closure, Claims NGO Official Never Appeared

Earlier today, we reported that popular Malaysian preacher Firdaus Wong called out Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) for allegedly closing...

Collage 50 Collage 50
News4 days ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News5 days ago

“You are on my radar” – Yang di-Pertuan Agong Warns Corrupt Officers in MACC & Other Govt Agencies

His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Ibrahim has warned that more individuals are now on His Majesty’s “radar” in...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY