Connect with us

News

“We’re thankful” – UMNO Urges King to Enforce Najib’s House Arrest After Titah Adendum Confirmed Valid

Published

Dd Ft 8
Source: Sin Chew Daily & South China Morning Post

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

UMNO urges the King to allow Najib to serve his sentence under house arrest after the addendum decree was confirmed valid 

Najib has been serving time in Kajang Prison since August 23, 2022, after being found guilty of misappropriating RM42 million from SRC International Sdn Bhd. He applied for a royal pardon shortly after, on September 2.

The Pardons Board later cut his jail sentence from 12 years to six, and reduced his fine from RM210 million to RM50 million, according to Berita Harian.

Screenshot 2025 07 11 114859

The Titah Adendum’s existence has been confirmed

UMNO has since called for the royal decree allowing former Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak to serve his sentence under house arrest to be carried out, as it falls under the Yang di-Pertuan Agong’s full authority based on Article 42(1) of the Federal Constitution.

UMNO Secretary-General Datuk Dr Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki said the call came after the Attorney General confirmed the existence of the Titah Adendum yesterday (July 10).

He added that if enforced, it would finally give the sixth Prime Minister the sentence reduction that’s been delayed for more than a year.

Screenshot 2025 07 11 115215

On Wednesday, the Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC) reportedly did not dispute the existence of the Titah Adendum, said to be a royal decree issued by the 16th Yang di-Pertuan Agong, which would allow Najib to serve the remainder of his prison sentence under house arrest.

“UMNO is thankful for the Attorney General’s confirmation of the Titah Adendum, which backs the royal decree for Najib’s house arrest. UMNO respectfully appeals for His Majesty’s mercy and hopes the house arrest order can be enforced, in line with His Majesty’s absolute powers under Article 42(1) of the Federal Constitution,” Asyraf said.

Screenshot 2025 07 11 115407

ACG raised concerns over how the decree was submitted

However, the AGC raised questions about the process of submitting the decree as new evidence in Najib’s judicial review application at the High Court.

On July 3 last year, the High Court rejected Najib’s bid to start the judicial review, leading him to appeal the decision at the Court of Appeal.

The court had ruled that four affidavits backing Najib’s claims, including statements from UMNO President Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi and Vice President Datuk Seri Wan Rosdy Wan Ismail, were considered hearsay and couldn’t be used as valid evidence.

 

What are your thoughts on this? Let us know down in the comments!

 

Also read: Najib Razak Released From 3 Charges in SRC Money Laundering Case, But Not Fully Cleared

My Post 3 53

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Jpjft Jpjft
News2 hours ago

JPJ Officers Attacked With Firecrackers by Motorcyclists, Police Report to Be Filed

The Road Transport Department (JPJ) will lodge a police report following the reckless actions of a group of motorcyclists who...

Collage 64 Collage 64
News8 hours ago

Dismembered Woman in Sabah: PDRM Believes Missing Body Parts May Have Been Scavenged by Wild Animals

Two more body parts of the murder and dismemberment victim that have yet to be found are believed to have...

Maskft Maskft
News9 hours ago

Health Ministry Urges Malaysians to Use Masks Amid Rise in Tuberculosis Cases Nationwide

Amid a nationwide rise in tuberculosis (TB) cases, the Health Ministry is urging Malaysians to put their masks back on,...

Collage 61 Collage 61
News10 hours ago

“He can manage differences well” – KJ Says Chances of Zahid Hamidi Becoming the Next PM are Increasing

Former Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin (KJ) has an idea of who might become Malaysia’s next Prime Minister. According to KJ,...

Ktmft Ktmft
News1 day ago

KTMB Stops Man Attempting to Steal 250m of Cable Tracks in Johor, Bags of Cable Cutting Tools Seized

Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) successfully foiled an attempt to steal approximately 250 metres of cable along the Kempas Baru–Kulai...

Motorft Motorft
News1 day ago

3 Malaysian Motorcyclists Arrested for Performing Dangerous Stunts on KL–Seremban Highway

Lying face‑down on a motorcycle in a “Superman” pose and weaving zig‑zag between vehicles were among the dangerous stunts performed...

Arrestft Arrestft
News1 day ago

Thai Police Go Undercover in Lion Dance Costume to Arrest Thief Who Stole ~RM249k in Artefacts

Thai police pulled off an unconventional arrest during Chinese New Year celebrations this week, after slipping into a lion dance...

Stabft1 Stabft1
News1 day ago

Woman in Her 50s Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing Mother with Can Opener in Kuala Pilah

An elderly woman was injured in the neck after being stabbed by her own daughter in an incident at Kampung...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY