Connect with us

News

No Holidays! PM Cancels All Ministers’ Leaves, Tells Them to Go Out & Help Flood Victims

Published

Collage 134
Source: Facebook | Anwar Ibrahim & BERNAMA

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

The ministers who thought of clearing their annual leaves will have to ditch their plans. Prime Minister Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim announced today (November 29) that all ministers’ leaves will be cancelled.

The Prime Minister wants all of them to go out on the field to help flood victims, as per their job portfolios, reported Astro Awani.

“All ministers have to carry on with their duties. I have instructed them to go out on the field,” he said when met by reporters after performing the Friday prayers with the community at the Pudina Surau, Precinct 17.

468679183 1153227932825439 1190865193317369814 N

Anwar said that the Federal Government, together with the governments of the affected states will ensure the safety and well-being of the residents are guaranteed throughout the ongoing Northeast Monsoon.

The floods this time are expected to be the worst in 10 years for six states, particularly in the East Coast states.

Screenshot 2024 11 28 154812

The government has also taken proactive measures, including activating the early warning system by METMalaysia, as well as ensuring that all security teams are better prepared this time to prevent the situation from worsening.

Deputy Prime Minister Dato Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the government’s focus at this time is directed towards Kelantan and Terengganu, the 2 states worst hit by the disaster.

As of 5 PM today (November 29), the number of flood victims across the country has risen to 90,009, with 569 temporary evacuation centres (PPS) opened for the victims to seek shelter. Kelantan currently has 67,434 flood victims and Terengganu records a total of 16,961 flood victims, based on the statistics shared by the Malaysian Department of Social Welfare.

 

Also read: “Floodwater rose to knee level” – Multiple Areas in Klang Submerged After a Night of Heavy Downpours

Collage 128

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Ktmft Ktmft
News6 hours ago

KTMB Stops Man Attempting to Steal 250m of Cable Tracks in Johor, Bags of Cable Cutting Tools Seized

Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) successfully foiled an attempt to steal approximately 250 metres of cable along the Kempas Baru–Kulai...

Motorft Motorft
News10 hours ago

3 Malaysian Motorcyclists Arrested for Performing Dangerous Stunts on KL–Seremban Highway

Lying face‑down on a motorcycle in a “Superman” pose and weaving zig‑zag between vehicles were among the dangerous stunts performed...

Arrestft Arrestft
News13 hours ago

Thai Police Go Undercover in Lion Dance Costume to Arrest Thief Who Stole ~RM249k in Artefacts

Thai police pulled off an unconventional arrest during Chinese New Year celebrations this week, after slipping into a lion dance...

Stabft1 Stabft1
News13 hours ago

Woman in Her 50s Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing Mother with Can Opener in Kuala Pilah

An elderly woman was injured in the neck after being stabbed by her own daughter in an incident at Kampung...

Dd Ft 14 Dd Ft 14
News1 day ago

PMX Personally Delivers Aid to Banting Fire Victims, Including Family of 3yo Who Perished

A massive fire that broke out on 6 February destroyed about 90% of three houses in Banting, Selangor. As previously...

Collage 57 Collage 57
News3 days ago

“No-trading zone” – DBKL Seizes Goods from Illegal Vendors ‘Tainting’ Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad View

It did not take long for Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) to take action against the illegal vendors dominating Dataran...

My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779 My Post 1 2026 02 18T123135.779
News4 days ago

“Ensuring public safety” – DBKL Clarifies ‘Dakwah’ Stall Closure, Claims NGO Official Never Appeared

Earlier today, we reported that popular Malaysian preacher Firdaus Wong called out Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) for allegedly closing...

Collage 50 Collage 50
News5 days ago

28yo Drunk Porsche Driver Pleads Not Guilty to Causing Couple’s Death in Pahang, Released on RM10k Bail

A 28-year-old Porsche Cayenne driver pleaded not guilty in court yesterday (16 February) to a charge of driving under the...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY