Singapore’s Ministry of Health recently announced that it aimed to increase its Covid-19 testing to 40,000 tests per day by the latter half of the year. But to carry out such a large-scale operation, the nation needs more people on board to carry out these tests. And they’re willing to pay for it too.
According to the nation’s Ministry of Health page, Covid-19 test swabbers can earn up to $3,800 (RM11,608) per month! And before you ask, no, they don’t need any experience in healthcare to be eligible for this job. You will, however, need a Singaporean citizenship or PR to apply for this position. All successfully shortlisted applicants will be provided training as said on the SG Healthcare Corps website.
Job vacancies are available for Swab Assistants and Swabbers following a job posting released to the public under the Employment and Employability Institute (e2i), a division under the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), reports Today Online.
Once they are hired, they’ll start off as a Swab Assistant, making about $3,400 (RM10,375) a month, before being promoted to a swabber. Swabbers earn $3,800 (RM11,608) a month. If they’re successful, they may be stationed in Government Quarantine Facilities, Community Recovery Facilities, nursing homes and other public premises. Hired applicants will work six days a week over a period of half a year, with the option to extend their services for three more months once the six months are up.
So what exactly does the job entail? Well, if you’re a Swab Assistant, you’ll have to:
- Make sure the right person shows up at their stated appointment time for on-site registration by cross-checking their name and ID number with the namelist provided by the camp.
- Fill in registration and lab forms completely.
- Disinfect chairs and tables after each patient enters during triage and registration. Prepare tissue paper for patients if required.
- Coordinate with ushers to approach the individual patient with swab kits and (correct client names) at their respective areas of designation.
- Inform client on swab process, potential discomfort and the steps that will proceed after the swabs.
- Prepare and seal specimen bag/bags for swabber to deposit specimen container after each swab.
- Triaging of patients
On the other hand, if you’re a Swabber, the job description requires you to:
- Check with verified patients for any respiratory symptoms/contraindications based on the checklist provided.
- Coordinate with medical doctors to swab and attend to isolated clients who are declared positive for respiratory symptoms/contraindications.
- Double-check correct client name labels on swab kits and ensure 1-meter distance at all times.
- Perform Nasopharyngeal swab procedure to collect specimens for lab testing. Attach patient sticker with lab number onto specimen container after each swab.
- Follow necessary procedures and secure the swab in the UTM on lab provided rack.
- Check-in on client’s well being at all times before and after swab.
What do you guys think of this?
Four New Covid-19 Clusters Detected In One Day in Selangor, Johor & Sabah
As the number of Covid-19 cases continues to rise in Malaysia, the Ministry of Health reports four new Covid-19 clusters...
Nigerian Man Who Was Allegedly Drunk Arrested For Beating Restaurant Owner In Cheras
A Nigerian man believed to be drunk was arrested by the authorities after beating a restaurant owner in Bandar Mahkota...
65yo Woman Passes Away Due To A Heart Attack After Being Chased By Dogs At Dengkil
Who is to blame here? In a devastating incident that happened at Kampung Baru Dengkil, a 65-year-old woman was found...
MOHE: A Total of 116,161 Graduates Might Not Be Able To Get A Job In 2020 Because of Covid-19
An estimate of 75,000 of 300,000 fresh graduates are expected to face challenges in looking for employment within six months...
Student From Universiti Teknologi Petronas in Perak Tests Positive For Covid-19, Situation Under Control
A student from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP) has tested positive for Covid-19 when a swab test was conducted on campus...
News22 hours ago
14yo Boy in Wuhan Jumps To His Death After Mother Slaps Him in Front Of His Classmates
Social Stories18 hours ago
“You earn more!” M’sian Insists on Buying Only Double-Storey House and Wants GF To Pay Half Of It
Social Stories18 hours ago
OKU Man’s Daughter & Her BF Pawn His Electric Wheelchair, Steal His Phone So He Can’t Call For Help
Social Stories21 hours ago
M’sian Couple Scammed Frontliners Into Buying Fake Luxury Vacation Packages, Earned Over RM500,000