A mother and daughter who took a hot air balloon ride in China died after the balloon exploded 10,000 feet in the air!
A video was posted on the Chinese social media site, Weibo, where the mother and a primary school girl are seen sitting on two separate seats attached to a hot air balloon on 1st October in Shandong, China.
This isn’t the typical hot air balloon with a basket to hold its passengers. Instead, the whole set up looks extremely fragile for an airborne craft with the structure made up of just poles and rope.
The hot air balloon takes the mother and daughter up in the air and reaches a height of 10,000 feet! This is highly unusual as hot air balloons only fly at an average height between 1,000 and 3,000 feet, according to Outdoor Troop.
Suddenly, the balloon disappears and is believed to have burst due to the unusually high altitude. The mother and daughter start falling while witnesses could only watch in horror as they fell to their death. According to Oriental Daily, their bodies were shattered when they hit the ground.
The local police later confirmed that the hot air balloon operation had not been declared, which makes it illegal. The case was then classified as a criminal case.
The head of the scenic location pointed out that although the incident took place in that area, the land is owned by another company. The hot air balloon operators have been suspended while tourists who already bought tickets were refunded.
Meanwhile, investigations into the accident are ongoing.
For those of you who have always wanted to take hot air balloon rides, make sure the company handling the craft is genuine so that you won’t find yourself in a situation like this.
Security Guard Fined RM1,000 For Not Wearing Face Mask While Pumping Petrol
A security guard who was pumping petrol at a gas station in Melaka was recently fined RM1,000 after patrolling authorities...
Health DG: Over 1,000 School Students Have Been Infected Since Start of 3rd Wave
Since the nation entered its third Covid-19 wave a month ago, over 1,000 school-going children have been infected with the...
Nine Family Members Die After Eating Noodles Made With Ingredients Frozen For Nearly a Year
Most of us have a habit of keeping ingredients in the fridge for as long as possible only to throw...
Say Goodbye To Painful Swab Tests, This Machine Can Detect Covid-19 Using Your Breath In Under 1 Min
Getting tested for Covid-19 is extremely crucial yet extremely uncomfortable and painful at the same time. Many have testified that...
“Not interested? Turn off your TV” Puteri UMNO Chief Responds To Hannah Yeoh’s Criticism Of Defence Minister
“If DAP is not interested, please turn off your television and smartphone,” said Puteri UMNO Chief Datuk Zahida Zarik Khan....
News23 hours ago
“I thought only 1 person need to scan,” 6 Students Fined RM1,000 each for Not Scanning MySejahtera
Social Stories23 hours ago
“Why is the yellow not washing off?” Girl Accidentally Stains Her Skin After Using Turmeric Mask
Social Stories24 hours ago
Malaysian Girl Shares How Stress and Isolation Took Her Brother’s Life
News22 hours ago
“That’s normal, she’s the Opposition!” Ismail Sabri Responds To Hannah Yeoh’s Criticisms