Malaysian Prime Minister, Muhyddin, has just announced a Restricted Control Order scheduled to take effect from 18th March (Wednesday) till 31st March 2020. The declaration was made during a live press conference held today at 10pm (16th March 2020).
Here’s what you need to know:
- Firstly, all mass gatherings nationwide including activities associated with religion, sports, society and culture are banned. To enforce this restriction, all organisations and businesses will be closed down excluding supermarkets, sundry shops and shops that sell essential goods.
- For Muslims, all mosque and surau activities including Friday prayers will be suspended following the enactment established on 15th March 2020.
- Secondly, all Malaysians travelling into the country from overseas will have to undergo health check ups and self-quarantine themselves for 14 days.
- Thirdly, this also applies to all tourists and non-Malaysian visitors in the country.
- Fourthly, all kindergartens, government and private schools including daily schools, boarding schools, international schools, tahfiz centers and other primary, secondary and pre-university institutions as well as public and private institutions
(IPTs) and skills training institutes nationwide are to be closed.
Fifthly, the closure of all government and private premises except those involved in essential services (water, electricity, energy, telecommunications, postal, transportation, irrigation, oil, gas, fuel, lubricants, broadcasting, finance, banking, health, pharmacy, fire, prison, port, airport, safety, defense, cleaning, retail and food supply), are to be implemented.
“I realize that my brothers and sisters may feel that the actions taken by this government create difficulties and difficulties for our brothers and sisters in our daily lives. However, this action must be taken by the government to curb the spread of the Covid-19 outbreak which is likely to endanger the lives of the people of the country,” said Muhyiddin.
“The rapid rise in the Covid-19 outbreak from tens to thousands of people infected with the virus over time has been happening in other countries and we do not want the same thing to happen in ours.”
The call to action comes now. “We can’t wait any longer until things get worse. Drastic action should be taken immediately to prevent the spread of the disease by limiting the movement of the public. This is the only way we can prevent more people from being infected by the outbreaks that can destroy lives.”
The Prime Minister went on to encourage the public by assuring citizens to stay calm, the supply of food, daily necessities and healthcare including face masks is sufficient. I have directed the Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs to continuously monitor the situation of food supply and daily needs in the market during the duration of this Movement Control Order.”
“I also want to inform you that the National Security Council Special Meeting will meet daily to monitor and monitor the situation of the Covid-19 outbreak. I will personally chair this meeting and inform my brothers and sisters of the Covid-19 outbreak situation from time to time,” he added during the conference.
You can contact the National Operations Management Center at hotline 03-88882010 starting at noon tomorrow if you have any questions regarding the Movement Control Order.
Stay tuned for more updates. What do you all think of this?