If you’ve put weight loss down as one of your New Year’s resolutions to achieve in 2020, you might just want to steal a page or two from Siti’s book. Her inspiring journey of losing 40kg in just eight months is truly fascinating. Especially since she achieved this impressive goal by eating up to 6 meals a day!
When she initially weighed in at 95kg, Siti started making an effort to lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle. And after eight months, she finally achieved her goal! She now weighs in at a healthy 54kg.
Luckily for us, the weight loss inspiration shared a few helpful tips for those of you who are looking to shed a couple kgs this holiday season!
While Siti emphasises that you don’t have to follow a strict diet as it will only stress you out even more, she does recommend controlling your calorie intake and portioning your meals by using smaller plates, as said by a source from Siakap Keli.
Here are a few more useful tips:
- Drink water before meals. Not only does it fill up your stomach so you don’t overeat, it will also help revitalize your skin!
- Sleep for 8 hours a day. For all you night owls and insomniacs, this tip might seem ridiculous but studies have actually shown that lack of sleep can cause obesity.
- Get in plenty of protein and avoid say no to sugar if you’re a sweet tooth. Stick to natural sugars in fruits and vegetables or substitute sugar with honey.
- While drinking water is recommended, it’s not the only drink you’re limited to. Siti shared that throughout her weight loss journey, she actually drank a lot of green tea and black coffee without sugar to boost her metabolism and energy before workouts!
- Eating habits may have a large impact on weight loss but it isn’t everything. Siti said doing aerobic & cardio exercises regularly will definitely help in the process of shedding weight. Or go to the gym to get your body up and moving!
- Avoid alcohol. For all you alcoholics out there, that beer belly won’t go away by itself! A drink usually contains 8 tablespoons of sugar.
- Eat breakfast. Skipping your meals will not help you lose weight! Breakfast stabilises your hormones and blood sugar levels so your metabolic rate increases to burn more calories.
- Don’t starve yourself. Portion control doesn’t mean starving your body when it’s hungry! Your body will burn muscle to replace your lack of food intake and this will make losing weight harder instead.
- Spread out your meals! Siti may have eaten small portions, but she ate meals up to six times a day.
- Lastly, always be determined to succeed. Determination comes from within and it’s the most important factor not just in fitness but also to succeed in life!
Kudos to you, Siti for achieving your fitness goals! Hopefully, these tips help some of you cross weight loss off your list in 2020.
Marine Scientist Discovers Real Life SpongeBob SquarePants And Patrick Star Deep In The Atlantic Ocean
A majority of us can almost immediately answer this question, “Are you ready, kids?”, loudly as we probably would have grown...
Saudi Arabia Contributes Over 1 Million Doses Of AstraZeneca & Medical Supplies Worth About RM21 Million To M’sia
Senior Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein shared on his official Facebook page today (30 July) that Saudi Arabia has donated...
Local Activist Released After Arrested Without Warrant In Connection With The #Lawan Movement
20-year-old activist, Sarah Irdina, was arrested under Section 4(1) Sedition Act and the Communication and Multimedia Deed, following a tweet...
Report: Unemployed Fresh Graduates In Malaysia Increased By 22.5% In 2020
The Covid-19 outbreak has turned almost every aspect of our lives, country and economy into pandemonium. The implementation of various...
LRT 3 Construction Iron Scaffolding Collapses In Klang, Kills A Worker & Injures Four Others
A Bangladeshi construction worker was killed after the scaffolding at the Bandar Bukit Tinggi, Klang, Light Rail Transit 3 (LRT...
China’s Chen Long Defeats Lee Zii Jia In Nail-Biting Match To Advance To Quarter-finals
We’re still proud of you no matter what, Zii Jia! Malaysian badminton player, Lee Zii Jia faces defeat after losing...
LIVE NOW: Lee Zii Jia vs. Chen Long Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Lee Zii Jia is playing against defending champion Chen Long in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics round of 16 to secure...
Parliament Postponed To 2 August Due To Covid-19 Cases, Ministers Undergo Swab Tests
Following the first parliament sitting of 2021 on Monday (26 July), just four days in and the sessions are once...
Sports11 hours ago
Tokyo Olympics: Aussie Kayaker Uses A Condom To Fix Kayak & Wins Inaugural Gold
Social Stories10 hours ago
Huge Crowds Flout SOP For Free Durians In Perak
Social Stories12 hours ago
Tokyo Olympics: Cameraman Cuts Away From Final Moments Of Hockey Match To Film Cockroach
Social Stories8 hours ago
Bean Curd Factory In SG Suspends Operations Because Of Pest Infestation