An ex-beauty queen is facing immense sexual harassment from more than 200 foreign men after her contact information had been shared online.
And to add insult to injury, the person who leaked her information apparently did it ‘as a joke‘.
According to a report by New Straits Times, 41-year-old Lee Guan Yoke, who had previously won 10 beauty pageants, has been receiving lewd messages and phone calls from over 200 Bangladeshi men as a result of her contact details being spread on social media.
She shared how the disturbance has caused her mental health to deteriorate and she, at one point, even contemplated committing suicide.
It all allegedly began when an acquaintance had not only shared her contact information in a video on social media but also spewed vulgarities about her.
“All I know is that I have been made into a sexual joke of sorts by an acquaintance whom I only met twice, after which I began receiving hundreds of messages and phone calls.”
“All the messages and phone calls that I have received are from Bangladeshi men who utter vulgar, obscene words and sexual connotations. This has troubled me because it has smeared my good name and that of my family. Apart from that, it has also affected my career and my personal life,” she said.
Guan Yoke has been receiving these harassing messages and phone calls since May 17 (Wednesday), and on the same day, she found the video made by the acquaintance about her.
“On that day, I found a ‘live’ Facebook video clip made by a man named Lee Fook Soon that seemed to be selling me to a group of Bangladeshi men. The words used were all very vulgar and obscene,” she added.
She has since made 2 police reports in regards to this matter.
The Johor MCA Public Services Complaints Bureau has also gotten involved in this matter, to help ensure that the victim remains safe and sane throughout this incident.
“We have already contacted the said man and he has admitted to making the live recordings, but he claims it is just as joke, a prank. However, his actions have troubled, disrupted, disturbed and wrecked havoc for the victim who is also a single mother.”
“We are hoping that the relevant authorities can take action and defend the rights of the victim because up till now the man’s video recording or clip can still be viewed and watched on social media,” committee member Joan Ng Geok Yin said.
We genuinely hope that the authorities quickly take action against the man for his disgusting actions and his blatant disregard over the consequences.