Connect with us

News

More Unexpected Water Cuts Starting 21st July Due to Diesel Pollution in Sungai Selangor

Published

More Unexpected Water Cuts Starting 22 July Due To Diesel Pollution In Sungai Selangor - World Of Buzz
Source: The Star & The Star

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Residents of Klang Valley, brace yourselves for more water cuts!

Malaysians living in the Klang Valley might’ve experienced a sudden water cut last Friday (19th July) due to odour pollution in the water treatment plants in Sungai Selangor.

Today (22nd July), it was announced that this water cut will be prolonged as Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (Syabas) revealed that diesel pollution was found in Sungai Selangor, leading to the shutdowns of four water treatment plants on Sunday (21st July).

Did you experience any sudden water cuts yesterday?

Diesel Water E1563758913489

Source: the star

According to The Star, Air Selangor Customer Relation and Communication Department head Abdul Raof Ahmad said that Sungai Selangor Phase 1, 2 and 3 Water Treatment Plants and the Rantau Panjang Water Treatment Plant were forced to shut down as diesel was detected in the raw waters of Sungai Selangor.

“Rantau Panjang plant was shut down at 6pm while the three phases of SSP were shut down between 8pm and 8.15pm,” he said.

Syabas reported this to the authorities after detecting that the source of the pollution came from sand digging activities at the upper reaches of the river, according to Malay Mail.

“This is the second incident within three days involving the closure of all four major water treatment plants and causing large scale water supply disruption to the customers,” he said.

“We are working as fast as we can but we are unable to ascertain the restoration period should the raw water pollution incident recur.”

“We are on standby to face any similar incidents as what has happened today.”

He also mentioned that the list of affected areas is the same as previously listed.

401063

Source: sinar harian

It was announced last week that there will be water cuts lasting two to four days in major cities like Petaling Jaya, Kuala Lumpur and Shah Alam starting 23 July. However, this had to be postponed following an announcement of an unexpected water cut on Friday (19th July) due to the temporary closure of Phases 1,2, and 3 of the Sungai Selangor Water Treatment Plant due to odour pollution.

This affected a total of 1,133 areas in the Klang Valley which involved 1,166,842 customer accounts in Kuala Lumpur, Petaling, Klang/Shah Alam, Kuala Selangor, Hulu Selangor, Gombak and Kuala Langat

Meanwhile, consumers are urged to keep updated on current and future water-related events on the Air Selangor app, www.syabas.com.my, and Air Selangor Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Makluman insiden pencemaran minyak diesel di sumber air mentah Sungai Selangor menyebabkan hentitugas Loji Rawatan Air SSP1, SSP2 dan SSP3 serta Loji Rawatan Air Rantau Panjang.#AirSelangor

Posted by Air Selangor on Sunday, July 21, 2019

 

Update:

The National Water Services Commission (Span) has lodged a police report at the Bestari Jaya police station in Kuala Selangor today (22nd July) on the odour pollution and diesel pollution in Sungai Selangor. Chairman Charles Santiago said that they want to investigate if there are any elements of sabotage following these incidents.

He added that it is a crime under Section 121 of the Water Services Industry Act, 2006 to cause the contamination of water, reported The Star.

“We will use the existing Acts to take stern action against those who caused the contamination,” he said.

 

This doesn’t look good! Hopefully Syabas and the authorities will be able to get to the root of the problem and that there will be no further unexpected water cuts. Meanwhile, it’s advisable to store up water whenever you have the chance as you never know when the next water cut will be during this period.

 

Also read: Syabas: These Areas in Klang Valley Will Experience Earlier Water Cuts Starting 19th July

 - World Of Buzz

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 27 Collage 27
News20 hours ago

75yo Man Charged Over Klang Hit-and-Run That Killed 2 Sisters, Seeks Lower Bail as He Suffers from Diabetes

A 75-year-old driver accused of a fatal hit-and-run in Bandar Baru Klang, Selangor, which claimed the lives of two sisters,...

Collage 3 2 Collage 3 2
News22 hours ago

“We’re not protecting him” – PDRM Reveals Why Cop Who Allegedly Ran Langkawi Drug Syndicate Was ‘Only’ Transferred

Recently, the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) revealed that “Mr A”, a police officer allegedly linked to running a drug syndicate...

Collage 24 Collage 24
News2 days ago

Plot Twist: ASEAN Records Exposes Fake Letter & Unregistered NGO After Allegations Go Viral

The Malaysia-based private record recognition platform found itself at the centre of controversy after a letter allegedly from the ASEAN...

Dd Ft 7 Dd Ft 7
News2 days ago

Married 42yo Seremban Teacher Charged with Grooming & Sexually Abusing Her 14yo Student Under Tree, In House

A 42-year-old Malaysian teacher has pleaded not guilty to five counts of sexual offences against her 14-year-old male student. Nurul...

Collage 26 Collage 26
News2 days ago

“They are brave individuals” – All 29 Malaysian Global Sumud Flotilla Activists Have Been Kidnapped by Israel

Hope that humanitarian aid would finally reach the people of Gaza appeared to collapse on Tuesday night (19 May) after...

Dd Ft 6 Dd Ft 6
News2 days ago

M’sian Woman in Her 80s Drives Against Traffic on PJ Highway While Trying to Find Exit, Gets Arrested

A video of a vehicle driving against the flow of traffic at KM10.8 of the Damansara-Shah Alam Elevated Expressway (DASH)...

Collage 25 Collage 25
News2 days ago

“Unintentional mistake” – Health Dept Apologises & Clarifies Chinese-Language Dengue Card at KL Govt Clinic

The Federal Territories Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya Health Department (JKWPKL&P) has issued an apology following controversy surrounding the use of...

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News3 days ago

Melaka Teens as Young as 14 Assault & Strangle Female E-Hailing Driver After Failing to Pay Ride Fare

A female e-hailing driver went through a terrifying ordeal after being beaten by a group of passengers who were suspected...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY