It seems like it’s a difficult task to hire babysitters who are ‘proper’ (read: someone who won’t harm your baby) these days.
Something terrifying was revealed last Wednesday (14 August) when a babysitter admitted to adding medicine that caused drowsiness into a baby’s milk bottle.
The baby’s mother, Vierza, shared several elaborate posts on her Instagram (@febevierza912) to warn other parents about this particular babysitter.
According to China Press, the Indonesian couple hired Ju, the babysitter to take care of both of their children while they were at work. Initially, Vierza liked Ju a lot because she got along with her children, and the couple trusted her enough to leave their kids with her about 3 months ago.
However, things got strange when Vierza noticed how early her baby son, Great, started to sleep really early. And she suspected something was wrong when he didn’t want to drink his milk. Not only that, she also noticed how dry his diapers were, which led her to worry he was dehydrated.
She wasn’t sure what happened to her baby until she told her friend suggested that the babysitter could’ve fed the baby sleeping medicine to knock him out.
Although she wasn’t convinced, her concerns grew as she couldn’t wake Great up one day, no matter how much she shook or kissed him.
She poured out the milk Ju made earlier and noticed an odd scent wafting out from the bottle confirming that the milk was spiked.
The couple confronted Ju, and she admitted that she added Cetirizine into Great’s milk bottle in order to knock him out. She also revealed that she had been doing it for the past three days as she cried and apologised, in hopes of forgiveness.
FYI, Cetirizine is a type of antihistamine that has side effects of drowsiness and tiredness, according to RxList.
She even demonstrated to the couple (and the camera) how she did it as well.
In the end, Vierza did not report Ju to the police, and her series of Instagram posts were to warn other parents to avoid hiring Ju as their babysitter.
Great was also taken to the hospital for treatment, and he’s currently recovering from the poisoning, although he still vomits when he’s being fed. Sigh, poor baby.
We are not in the right place to judge whether Ju should be punished or not, but we urge parents to screen their babysitters properly to avoid tragedies like this from happening. 😔
M’sians Can Party Anytime, Anywhere With HUAWEI’s New Dual Subwoofer Smart Speaker! Here’s Why You Need One
Are you tired of listening to your music through speakers that sound like a tin can? Maybe it’s about time...
M’sians Share How The Internet Helped Them Survive & Earn A Living During The MCO
Since the pandemic started, many businesses have taken quite a hit. They’re making less money due to fewer customers as...
Vitamin C: 5 Fascinating Facts M’sians Need To Know About The Most Popular Vitamin In The World
Ever since we were kids, our moms would tell us to take vitamin C so we don’t get sick. Most...
- Viral19 hours ago
Netizens Are Outraged At Old Video Of Intoxicated Samantha Hurling Racist Remarks
- Viral23 hours ago
Henry Golding Has A Fiery Response To Samantha Katie James’ Statement And We Stan!
- Viral17 hours ago
Samantha Finally Apologises For Controversial Remarks About ‘Black Lives Matter’
- Viral21 hours ago
The Cheesecake Factory Is Now Available In Malaysia, Here’s How You Can Order A Slice Today!