The recent upsurge of Covid-19 cases in Malaysia has definitely angered netizens as many feel that the cases were brought by politicians who were busy campaigning for the Sabah elections. Not only that, the silence and ineffectiveness of some ministers have led to somewhat of an online revolt.
This includes the hashtag #MenteriKPTLetakJawatan urging Higher Education Minister, Datuk Dr Noraini Ahmad to resign due to the last minute statements putting students through difficulties. Netizens also were wondering if these ministers are actually doing the job they were paid for. In case you’re wondering, the amount is NOT small, based on SPRM‘s website, here’s how much our Malaysian ministers are earning on a monthly basis:
1. Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin
2. Prime Minister’s Office (PMO)- Economy
3. Prime Minister’s Office- Special Duties
4. Prime Minister’s Office – Parliament & Law
5. Prime Minister’s Office- Religious Affairs
6. Prime Minister’s Office- Sabah and Sarawak Affairs
7. Ministry of International Trade and Industry
8. Ministry of Finance
9. Ministry of Defence
10. Ministry of Education
11. Ministry of Transport
12. Ministry of Higher Education
13. Ministry of Health
14. Federal Territories Minister
15. Human Resources Minister
16. Ministry of Plantation Industries and Commodities
17. Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development
18. Ministry of Youth and Sports
19. Ministry of Foreign Affairs
20. Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation
Now, the problem maybe isn’t in how much they earn but are our ministers doing jobs worth the amount they’re getting paid?
NHS Misinforms Thousands in The UK That They Have Covid-19 After Lab Error
More than 1,300 people were wrongfully told that the were Covid-19 positive after an issue with a batch of testing...
Former North Korean Gymnast Makes An Escape By Pole Vaulting Over Border
Earlier this month, A North Korean man seeking freedom by escaping his homeland took a 12-foot leap over the border...
Covid-19 Screening And Emergency Treatment Tents In Kulim Hospital Hit By Flash Floods
Several temporary tents set up for the Covid-19 screening test as well as emergency screening at the front of the...
Female Elephant Found Dead & Bleeding From Its Mouth In Sabah, Believed To Be Poisoned
What cruel human being would do this to an innocent animal? 🙁 Last Sunday (22 November 2020), a palm oil...
First Distribution Of Covid-19 Vaccine In Malaysia Will Be For Those Aged 18 And Above
The distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine that will be obtained by Malaysia in the first quarter of next year will...
News19 hours ago
3 Workers Test Positive For Covid-19, Uncle Don’s SS2 Urge Customers To Get Tested
News17 hours ago
Malaysia Sends Out Armoured Vehicles To The Border After Shooting Incident
News23 hours ago
KWSP Members Can Choose To Reduce Their Contributions To 9% For 2021
News21 hours ago
Those Who Are Overweight In The UK Will Get First Dibs On Covid-19 Vaccine