Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, addressed the nation live today at 2.30 pm concerning additional initiatives and packages that will be implemented under Kita Prihatin, to improve the country’s economy during this pandemic. During the announcement, many initiatives were announced but if you couldn’t catch them all, don’t worry. Here’s everything important that was addressed:
1. The government will be introducing Wage Subsidy 2.0 (Subsidi Upah 2.0) to help businesses that are still suffering.
a) Wage subsidy will be given to employers affected i.e. companies that have faced a revenue reduction during MCO of at least 30% compared to the previous year.
b) Wage subsidy will be given for up to 3 months at the rate of RM600 per month for each employee for a maximum number of 200 employees.
c) Applications are open from 1 October to 31 December.
2. This Wage Subsidy Program will be open for companies registered with SOCSO until 31 August. For those who have never received assistance under the Wage Subsidy Program, they are eligible to receive subsidies for up to six months.
3. GKP (PRIHATIN Special Grant) applications open for micro-traders from 1 October to 31 October 2020. Targeted payments will be made from 25 November 2020.
4. Financial assistance in the form of BPN (Bantuan Prihatin Nasional) will be distributed.
5. RM1,000 will be given to 3.7 million B40 households. The first instalment of RM700 will be paid in October 2020. The second instalment of RM300 will be paid in January 2021.
6. RM500 will be given to 3.8 million citizens in the B40 group who are single.
7. RM600 will be given to almost 1.4 million M40 households.
8. RM300 will be given to 1.7 million citizens in the M40 group who are single.
9. BPN 2.0 payments will be made in two instalments: end of October 2020 and January 2021.
10. No application is required to receive the BPN 2.0 assistance. The government will channel this aid directly to 10.6 million recipients who were approved previously.
11. However, eligible applicants who have never received BPN, will be provided with new opportunities to appeal and apply.
These are the initiatives under the Kita Prihatin package for now. Stay tuned for more updates!
PDRM Proposes ‘Ability To Drive’ Assessment For Senior Citizens Before They Can Renew Their License
PDRM has suggested that the government needs to set a new requirement for senior citizens before they can renew their...
Sri Lanka’s Famous Shaman Who Allegedly Claims He Could Cure Covid-19 Dies Due To The Virus
A high-profile shaman from Sri Lanka who claimed he was able to stop the spread of the virus in his...
YB Khairy: Interval Between 1st & 2nd Doses Of AstraZeneca Vaccine Shortened To 6 Weeks
The Minister of Health, YB Khairy Jamaluddin informed that the period between the first and second doses of the AstraZeneca...
Lorry Driver High On Drugs Falls Asleep On The Wheel & Loses Control Of Vehicle On NKVE
A lorry driver lost control of his vehicle after falling asleep on the wheel and skidded on the NKVE heading...
M’sian Man In Somalia Sentenced To 15 Years In Jail For Assisting Terrorist Organisation
A 34-year-old Malaysian man named Ahmad Mustakim Abdul Hamid, was sentenced to 15 years in prison by a Somali military...
KJ: Herd Immunity No Longer Achievable With 80% Vaccination Due To Delta Variant
The Ministry of Health (KKM) will not longer use the conventional formula of achieving herd immunity with at least 80%...
56 Politicians Were Convicted Of Flouting SOPs Throughout The Lockdown Period
A couple of months ago, #KerajaanGagal was trending online for various reasons, one of which is the fact that many...
PDRM On The Hunt For Those Who Leaked Alleged Lewd Messages & Videos Of Celebrity Preacher
The police have opened up an investigation paper after detecting the spread of several video clips and lewd messages allegedly...
Film & TV12 hours ago
Phone Number Shown On ‘Squid Game’ Belongs To A Real Person Who Has Received Over 4000 Calls From Fans
Social Stories9 hours ago
Watch: Motorcyclist Crashes Into A Person Crossing Lanes At The Grand Saga Toll Plaza
Social Stories10 hours ago
Indian Court Orders Beauty Salon To Pay RM1.13 Million To A Customer For Ruining Her Haircut
Social Stories11 hours ago
SG Security Guard Fined RM14k For Pouring Hand Sanitiser Into Coworker’s Water Bottle