fbpx
Connect with us
TOPICS

News

Beware: 24yo Woman Left Her Aircon On in Room and It Burnt Down Her Entire Apartment

Published

Beware! This 24Yo Woman Left Her Aircon On In The Room And It Burned Down Her Entire Four Bedroom Apartment! - World Of Buzz
Source: Mothership.sg & Mothership.sg

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Be warned. Always ensure your air con is regularly checked every 12 months because not doing so could really put lives in danger! 

A 24-year-old woman who is the owner of a HDB flat unit in Singapore had to watch helplessly as her entire four-bedroom flat burned down before her eyes from a fire caused by her air-conditioner on the afternoon of 23rd September.

The aircon that was fixed on the wall in one of the bedrooms was left on and the door was closed.

The woman was allegedly in the living room with her family when they heard noises from the bedroom. When they opened the door, they were shocked to find the whole room engulfed in flames!

The fire was so intense that the woman realised she wouldn’t be able to extinguish it in time, so she proceeded to hurriedly close the door and evacuate her family from the building.

Animated Gif - Find &Amp; Share On Giphy

According to Mothership.sg, the family of six consisted of a wheelchair bound 73-year-old, an 82-year old elderly person and even a five-year-old child!

The family kept a safe distance as they waited for firefighters to come to their aid. A passerby managed to take a video of the incident, revealing a lethal cloud of black smoke that could be seen coming out from the unit.

Animated Gif - Find &Amp; Share On Giphy

Thankfully, everybody was safe and the firefighters managed to extinguish the fire to stop it from spreading to other units.

So what was the cause of the air con exploding? While investigations are still ongoing, it was reported that the family had used the air-conditioner for six years now.

According to Hunker, most air conditioning fires are caused by a short circuit in wiring that causes the appliance to overheat and subsequently ignite. However, this tends to occur more frequently with air conditioning systems that are old and not inspected regularly.

Hence, this should be taken as a warning to those who like to leave their air-con on in rooms unattended! We know the haze makes staying indoors the only option and air-con is our best shot at staying well-ventilated.

However, leaving your air-con on when nobody is in the room is not only wasteful in terms of electricity, it could also put lives at risk if your air-con isn’t inspected every 12 months!

 

Also read: Netizen Shares What You Need to Know About Your Air Conditioning Unit’s Setting

Netizen Shares What You Need To Know About Your Air Conditioning Unit - World Of Buzz 1


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Ft Gerakan Ft Gerakan
News14 hours ago

Gerakan Invites Former UMNO Politicians Hishammuddin & KJ to Join Them Following UMNO Sacking

Former Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin was among several prominent UMNO leaders that were sacked by the party for alleged disciplinary...

Collage 16 3 Collage 16 3
News17 hours ago

76y/o M’sian in Kepong Asks His Friend to Return His RM250, Gets Beaten to Death With Plastic Chair

If your responsibility to return the money that you’ve borrowed from others, but an unfortunate man in Kepong, KL met...

Ft Biden Ft Biden
News21 hours ago

US President Biden Congratulates Anwar Over Malaysia’s Inspiring Democracy in GE15

Following his appointment as the 10th Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was soon after flooded with congratulatory messages from...

Collage Son N Dad 1 Collage Son N Dad 1
News2 days ago

13yo Chess Protégé from Klang Defeats Chess Grandmaster at Johor International Chess Open

Remember Genkeswaran Muniyan, who was featured in an award winning inspiration film about his life story on how he was...

Ft Changi Ft Changi
News2 days ago

Traveller Jokes That He’s Carrying Explosives & Nuclear Weapons at Changi Airport, Gets Fined RM6k

When you’re at the airport, there’s a feeling of heightened awareness due to the various security protocols that exist as...

Collage Scam Collage Scam
News3 days ago

Teacher in Pahang Loses More Than RM200k to Scammers Impersonating Delivery Men & Police Officers

Every now and then, we hear of yet another story of people, regardless of age and profession, losing their hard-earned...

Ft Motor Ft Motor
News3 days ago

M’sian Panics After Seeing Roadblock, Causes Fiancée to Fall Off Bike, Leaves Her Behind & Flees

Fear can often cause you to do some stupid things. Recently, a man was reported to have left his fiancée...

My Post 1 74 My Post 1 74
News4 days ago

Foreign Student Caught Peeking Into The Toilet Of A Female Student’s Condo In Cyberjaya

A 23-year-old Palestinian man was arrested by police officers after he was caught on camera peeking into a female student’s...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY