Chinese New Year is just around the corner which means Malaysians around the country (and some overseas) will soon be packing their bags to head home for family reunion dinners to ring in the new year together.
For many of us, travelling is an enjoyable luxury but the journey itself can be a stressful ordeal. So, if you or a relative of yours is flying home this CNY, here are 5 travel secrets that we’ve compiled from AirAsia’s cabin crew which just might help you on your balik kampung flight!
1. Remember not to cross your legs to avoid pins & needles and blood clotsTravelling long distance in a plane can sometimes be a little frustrating as the travel time is bound to make anyone feel a little restless. Nevertheless, an AirAsia crew member told us that it’s important to always take regular breaks from your seat to stretch and resist the urge to cross your legs as it poses a risk of getting a blood clot in your legs.
Not only can this potentially lead to health risks such as deep vein thrombosis (DVT), but can also cause the uncomfortable sensation of getting pins and needles.
2. Don’t gelabah when you’re at the airport by pre-booking your duty-free items beforehand
Apart from the actual vacation itself, shopping duty-free is arguably one of the highlights of any trip back home. Malaysians mah, we all love savings right? However, Malaysians being Malaysians, many of us often miss out on having enough time to shop due to our last-minute timing.
Well, if you’re travelling with AirAsia, one thing you could do is shop for a wide range of duty-free products online via OURSHOP and have it conveniently delivered to you on board or at the airport itself! Say goodbye to wasting time in queues wei!
Yes, that means you can shop for CNY gifts and goodies from the comfort of your home and arrive in your hometown like a hero with all your loot from OURSHOP. Noice!
3. Stay up-to-date with all the in-flight entertainment available and make full use of them
One flight attendant told us that she often sees passengers being really bored during long-haul flights but actually, there are lots of entertainment onboard, as long as you know how to utilise it. In fact, frequent flyers can attest to the fact that one of the worst parts of any trip back home is not having anything to keep them entertained during the journey. Thankfully, some airlines these days offer a comprehensive selection of complimentary in-flight entertainment such as Wi-Fi, selected music, movies, games, travel guides and more!
ROKKI by AirAsia is one great example, which not only doubles as an in-flight entertainment and connectivity service provider but an e-commerce platform as well. Yes, that means you can actually do your shopping on board!
What’s great about ROKKI is that it even includes brands familiar to Malaysians such as KLIA Ekspres tickets, Xiaomi and many more. Not to mention, shopping on the platform is also super convenient as it’s free to access through your mobile device and items purchased can be delivered directly to your home!
4. Stay connected to your friends & family back home even while you’re IN the planeSometimes the anticipation of seeing our loved ones back home can get the better of us. If you relate to this, then one thing you ought to know is that ROKKI has connectivity plans available for purchase so you can stay connected with those dear to you even before you land!
There are multiple options to choose from, so whether you need to update your status on social media or text a loved one on WhatsApp, there’s sure to be a plan which suits your needs.
5. Buy your duty-free products online or onboard to grab attractive deals and promosIf you haven’t shopped on OURSHOP & ROKKI before, then there’s actually no better time than now considering they’re having massive deals this CNY!
Here are a few offers to take note of:
- Get 20% off AirAsia Duty-Free & Merchandise when you use the promo code: PROSPER20 on OURSHOP (Promo ends 31 Jan)
- Get MYR40 off AirAsia Duty-Free & Merchandise with minimum spend of MYR350 when you use the promo code: LOVE40 on OURSHOP (Promo starts from 1 – 28 Feb)
- Get up to 40% off newly launched brands on OURSHOP such as Pandora and Borneo Pearls (Promo ends 28 Feb)
- Earn up to 8,888 AirAsia BIG Points when you shop on OURSHOP and ROKKI (Promo ends 15 Feb)
What’s more, if you’re looking to increase your ong, simply connect to the ROKKI Wi-FI for free and Play Tap & Win on ROKKI during your flight to win a guaranteed voucher worth up to MYR100. Serious okay, we’re not joking!
Whether you’re travelling from out of state or returning home from overseas for the festive season, we hope these travel tips will help you get off to a good start in ensuring you have an enjoyable flight back home. Additionally, share with us in the comments below some of your travel secrets to help other travellers have a more relaxing trip.
From all of us here at WORLD OF BUZZ, have a prosperous CNY everyone!
IGP Clarifies That PDRM Never Discussed Limiting Driving Licence To Senior Citizens
The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Datuk Seri Acryl Sani Abdullah yesterday clarified that the proposal to limit the issuing of...
Female Turtle Found Dead In Terengganu, Allegedly Drowned When It Was Trapped In A Net
As human beings slowly getting back to living normally, sadly, our effects on nature come with it too. The latest...
Senior Minister: Interstate Travel May Be Allowed In 3 Weeks
Malaysians may soon be able to travel across states, according to Senior Minister Dato’ Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein. According to...
PDRM Proposes ‘Ability To Drive’ Assessment For Senior Citizens Before They Can Renew Their License
PDRM has suggested that the government needs to set a new requirement for senior citizens before they can renew their...
Sri Lanka’s Famous Shaman Who Allegedly Claims He Could Cure Covid-19 Dies Due To The Virus
A high-profile shaman from Sri Lanka who claimed he was able to stop the spread of the virus in his...
YB Khairy: Interval Between 1st & 2nd Doses Of AstraZeneca Vaccine Shortened To 6 Weeks
The Minister of Health, YB Khairy Jamaluddin informed that the period between the first and second doses of the AstraZeneca...
Lorry Driver High On Drugs Falls Asleep On The Wheel & Loses Control Of Vehicle On NKVE
A lorry driver lost control of his vehicle after falling asleep on the wheel and skidded on the NKVE heading...
M’sian Man In Somalia Sentenced To 15 Years In Jail For Assisting Terrorist Organisation
A 34-year-old Malaysian man named Ahmad Mustakim Abdul Hamid, was sentenced to 15 years in prison by a Somali military...
Social Stories7 hours ago
Controversial Preacher, Dr Zakir Naik Is Looking For A Wife For His Son With Requirement To Qualify
News9 hours ago
Senior Minister: Interstate Travel May Be Allowed In 3 Weeks
Lifestyle7 hours ago
Ultraman Tiga Completely Removed In China For “Including Violent Crime” Content
Lifestyle9 hours ago
Older Android Devices Will Be Blocked From Accessing Google Apps Like YouTube & Gmail Starting 27 Sept