fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

4yo Dies After Inhaling Thumbtack Used To Put Up Posters For Home-Schooling

Published

Tack Ft
Source: The Sun

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

A heartbroken mother shares a tragic experience that will scar her for life after her 4-year-old son died when he inhaled a thumbtack the day of his brother’s birthday, before dying in hospital.

The mother, Ayla Rutherford shared her story to advise other home-schooling parents to get rid of all thumbtacks after her toddler son’s tragic death.

As reported by News.com.au, Ayla was getting her eldest son’s birthday cake ready when she decided to take a break and have a shower. Little did she know that her life was going to change forever.

Her sons had been running around, being the “crazy kids” they have always been. When her husband had woken up, she decided to go have a shower after a hectic morning of preparing for the birthday.

All of a sudden, she heard her family screaming frantically downstairs saying that something was wrong with her four-year-old boy, Axel.

Tack 2

“I came downstairs to see my husband doing the Heimlich [applying upward pressure on the upper abdomen to force a foreign object from the trachea] on Axel,” Ayla said on her GoFundMe page.

Despite their best efforts to save Axel, he lost all consciousness, turned blue, and was immediately rushed to Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital in Tacoma.

Doctors found Axel had not been choking but had inhaled a common household drawing pin (thumbtack), which had pierced through his left lung and left him unable to breathe.

After a week on life support and four tests that confirmed that he was brain dead, Axel passed away in his parents’ arms, leaving his family to agonise over how a simple, small piece of stationery could have taken their son away forever.

Tack 1

Ayla and Josh are now warning others to throw out any pins and thumbtacks they have at home to prevent their children from suffering the same tragic fate they had recently faced.

“All I want to do is prevent other people from going through what we had to go through. I want to let people know that [pins are] such a normal thing to have in your house – to hang up posters, picture frames, Christmas lights, calendars. Everybody uses them and all it takes is for one little kid to pick it up, put it in their mouth, inhale it and puncture their lungs,” she said.

“If you have pins around the house, throw them out or lock them up. It’s not worth your child’s life or pain. My husband and I held Axel as he passed away. He was four years old, one month, and four days old. I don’t want anybody to have to go through this,” she added.

What are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comment section below. 

 

Also Read: 10yo Girl Loses Grandpa To Covid-19 After A Friend Hid His Positive Test Result

Gong Gong

Source: The Sun
Source: The Sun


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Large Boulder Fell On Car In Penang Large Boulder Fell On Car In Penang
News14 hours ago

Large Boulder Falls & Hits A Car In Balik Pulau, Fortunately No One Was Hurt

A car driver narrowly escaped death after the car he was driving was hit by a boulder that rolled down...

1 007 1 007
News20 hours ago

KJ Wants People To Put Their Face Masks On After Eating

If worn properly, wearing a face mask helps prevent the spread of Covid-19 – we ALL know this. But ever...

Tmj Fully Recovered Covid Tmj Fully Recovered Covid
News20 hours ago

“The Tiger is back!” TMJ Fully Recovers After Contracting Covid-19 Two Weeks Ago

The Crown Prince of Johor, Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim or more affectionately known as TMJ yesterday evening shared that he...

Pfizer Boosted Shots Restore Full Protection Against Covid 19 Pfizer Boosted Shots Restore Full Protection Against Covid 19
News22 hours ago

Pfizer-BioNTech: Vaccine Booster Restores Full Protection Against Covid-19

Based on a large-scale trial of their Covid-19 vaccine booster shots, Pfizer and BioNTech have announced on Thursday (21 October)...

Langkawi International Travel Bubble Langkawi International Travel Bubble
News22 hours ago

SOP For The Langkawi International Tourism Travel Bubble Approved, No Quarantine Required

The Covid-19 Pandemic Management Special Committee meeting today agreed with the International Tourism Bubble’s proposed SOP for the Langkawi Island...

Sdcdscsdcs Sdcdscsdcs
News2 days ago

Najib Postpones Trip To Singapore To Help UMNO With Melaka State Elections In Zahid’s Absence

Datuk Seri Najib Razak has postponed his trip to Singapore so that he can help UMNO in the Melaka State...

Collage 24 Collage 24
News2 days ago

Still Riding E-Scooters On The Road? Then Get Ready To Be Fined Up To RM1,000 Or Jailed For 3 Months

Just recently, the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) had prohibited any cycling activities on the highway without approval from the Malaysian...

Floodjb Floodjb
News2 days ago

Sultan Of Johor Disappointed In Residents Who Threw Rubbish In Drains & Rivers Causing Flood

The Sultan of Johor, Ibrahim Ismail Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar Al-Haj, has expressed disappointment with the people in the community...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY