fbpx
Connect with us
TOPICS

Social Stories

Toddler Sustains Serious Lip Injuries After Accidentally Eating Washing Powder

Published

Toddler Sustains Serious Injuries On Mouth And Body After Accidentally Eating Washing Powder - World Of Buzz 2
Source: EBC

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Having small children running around the house means that you have to childproof the house as their innocent minds do not know which items will harm them. This couple in Fuzhou, China probably thought that their little girl wasn’t strong enough to open cabinets but they were sadly proven wrong. 

Toddler Sustains Serious Injuries On Mouth And Body After Accidentally Eating Washing Powder - World Of Buzz

Source: asia one

According to Apple Daily, a two-year-old girl named Xiaoyun suffered serious burns to her mouth and skin after accidentally ingesting a strong cleaning powder that she found in a low cabinet at home. The cleaning agent, which is a strong powder to clean washing machines, came in a bright and colourful packaging.

The incident happened on August 24, when Xiaoyun was happily toddling around the house until she spotted the colourful packaging and started chewing on the plastic. She was apparently trying to ingest the powder after mistakenly thinking that it was milk powder and managed to consume some before an adverse reaction took place.

Toddler Sustains Serious Burns On Mouth And - World Of Buzz

Source: ebc

The toddler started wailing and crying before her grandmother found her and tried to get her to vomit out what she had consumed. Other family members washed her mouth with warm water and cooking oil to soothe the pain but poor little Xiaoyun could only cry piteously while drooling. Poor little girl! 🙁

The worst wasn’t over though, because a few minutes later, her little lips turned purple while blood started oozing out from the blisters that formed around it. That is so terrible! She was then taken to the hospital three hours after she had first ingested the cleaning powder.

Toddler Sustains Serious Injuries On Mouth And Body After Accidentally Eating Washing Powder - World Of Buzz 1

Warning behind the bag, which says to keep away from children. | source: ettoday

The doctor said that the suffering toddler sustained burns and injuries in her digestive tract including parts of her body as it had come into contact with her skin when she panicked. She is currently still recovering in hospital but her condition is unknown.

Doctors said that if a child accidentally ingests hazardous materials, they should be rushed to the hospital within six hours and not try to induce vomiting as this may cause more damage. Parents should also bring along the item to the hospital so that doctors can determine the best treatment.

Remember parents, keep all these seemingly harmless items far away from the reach of your little ones! Get well soon, Xiaoyun!

 

Also read: Irresponsible Parents Leave Their Baby Inside Locker Before Going Swimming

 - World Of Buzz


Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Ft Ismail Ft Ismail
News14 hours ago

Former PM Ismail Sabri Says He is Ready to Quit Politics & That GE15 Was His Last Election

Following UMNO’s surprisingly disappointing results during the 15th General Election, the survival and the future of the party was questioned....

Ft Igp Ft Igp
News1 day ago

IGP: Public Must Follow Dress Codes at Police Stations Except in ‘Life or Death’ Emergencies

It was recently reported that a woman had complained that she had been denied entry into Kajang police station over...

Ft Kelantan Ft Kelantan
News2 days ago

Kelantan Corporation Responds to Backlash After Employment of State MB & Deputy’s Children

Recently, the employment of the Kelantan Menteri Besar and his deputy’s children in the Kelantan State Economic Development Corporation (PKINK)...

Nga Kor Ming Legalise Fireworks Nga Kor Ming Legalise Fireworks
News2 days ago

Federal Government Agrees To Legalise Fireworks & Firecrackers, Says Nga Kor Ming

When the festivities are near, we will definitely hear many people playing with firecrackers and fireworks even though it is...

My Post 1 97 My Post 1 97
News3 days ago

KL High Court Rejects Zahid Hamidi’s Bid to Permanently Regain Passport For DPM Duties

Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi failed in his application at the Kuala Lumpur High Court to get his passport...

Collage Fahmi Collage Fahmi
News4 days ago

“Don’t be shy, join me” – Communications Minister Says He Doesn’t Want A Dedicated Lift

Did you know that besides riding in a car amidst an entourage of blacked out cars and police vehicles, Malaysian...

My Post 1 90 My Post 1 90
News5 days ago

Petaling Street Listed Under USA’s Report of Most Notorious Markets For Counterfeit Products

For many, visiting Petaling Street aka Chinatown in Kuala Lumpur is an experience of food, culture and business. But, what...

Collage Shark Collage Shark
News5 days ago

Influencer in China Who Cooked and Ate Great White Shark Fined Close to RM80,000

There’s a lot of debate about what animals we humans can eat and what we can’t eat. However, the general...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY