It’s January and we all know what that means, Chinese New Year is just around the corner! Aside from all the ang paus and delicious food, nothing is quite capable of setting us in the festive spirit than by watching an exciting dragon dance performance.
You may be thinking: “What’s so special about that lah? Every year also got.” Well, you may have seen a dragon dance performance before, but have you ever watched one that’s performed underwater?
Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) is ready to blow you away this CNY with a host of exciting activities including a spectacular underwater dragon dance performance that’s sure to excite!
If you haven’t yet made plans on where to celebrate CNY, here’s why Resorts World Sentosa in Singapore is perfect for you!
1. Catch entertaining dragon dance performances and greet your favourite characters dressed in festive outfitsIt’s back by popular demand! Kickstart the season by following The Auspicious Dragon Trail as it makes its way around Universal Studios Singapore. Psst! Iconic movie characters from each themed zone will also be dressed in festive outfits to usher in the new lunar year.
This includes Illumination’s Minions as the ever so cute Bob shows off his all-new and specially designed rat costume, providing a rare photo opportunity for fans of the movies. OMG SO CUTE!
Not to mention, you can also expect plenty of exciting attractions like:
- Heart-pumping roller coasters such as Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN vs. CYLON™.
- World-class entertainment like Shrek 4-D Adventure and Lights, Camera, Action! Hosted by Steven Spielberg, just to name a few.
- Live shows such as Elmo’s TV Time and be entertained by daring stunts at WaterWorld.
There’s something for everyone at Universal Studios Singapore!
Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect from this year’s CNY event:
- Spend a minimum of SGD35 in a single receipt at retail outlets and receive a pair of limited-edition Sesame Street Chinese New Year-themed couplets.
- Get Minion-themed couplets when you purchase your admission tickets online.
- Annual and season pass holders can redeem their Minion couplets at the Membership Lounge.
Event period: Now till 9 February 2020.
2. Discover an abundant underwater world with 40,000 marine inhabitants and an exciting dragon dance performanceIf you love animals then the S.E.A. Aquarium makes for a perfect visit! Being the largest aquarium in Southeast Asia with a bountiful realm of marine animals, the S.E.A. Aquarium is a worthy addition to your travel itinerary this CNY.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Be amazed by one of the world’s largest acrylic panel as you marvel over 40,000 marine inhabitants at the Open Ocean Habitat.
- Get up close with eight iconic marine animals commonly associated with wealth and prosperity like a Pineapple Fish which is regarded as a symbol of wealth due to its pineapple-like appearance, among several others.
- Festive décor and displays throughout the aquarium that is bound to provide countless Insta-worthy opportunities.
- Get a pair of limited edition S.E.A. Aquarium themed New Year couplets while stocks last.
Check out some photos from past events below!
Highlighting the event is the spectacular Underwater Dragon Dance performance that will surely leave you spellbound and in awe.
3. Have a splashing good time at Adventure Cove WaterparkWhether you love zipping down thrilling slides before splashing into a pool of water or looking to immerse yourself amongst friendly aquatic life, Adventure Cove Waterpark in RWS is suitable for all ages.
Here’s why you should check it out:
- Experience thrilling water rides such as Pipeline Plunge and Tidal Twister as you’re hurled down an elevated chute going through unpredictable twist and turns before splashing out into a pool water.
- Plenty of engaging activities such as the balance beam, tight rope, cargo net climb, and platform cliff jump.
- Snorkel over a colourful reef boasting 20,000 friendly fishes at Rainbow Reef or gently touch the velvety wings of dozens of stingrays as they swim just inches from you at Ray Bay. *Separate charges apply*
- Grab a tube and float lazily down Adventure River passing lush gardens, a mysterious grotto, and an underwater tunnel with dozens of fishes swimming overhead and around you.
Wow! Who would have thought that Singapore would be such an ideal vacation destination? I don’t know about you guys, but just writing this is giving me the itch to plan a trip there myself 😀.
Well, if you are too, then don’t forget to book with Klook for added convenience and great discounts on these attractions at Resorts World Sentosa!
Here’s why you should book on Klook:
- Skip the ticketing lines, scan tickets at the entrance and go right in with paperless tickets, everything saved on your mobile phone.
- Plan and book on the go, in-destination, and at the last minute.
- Read reviews from other travellers who have bought and completed the activity in your native language.
- Have peace of mind when booking from Klook as every ticket is legitimate.
- Some offerings are even open-dated, so you can enjoy activities at your own convenience.
What’s great about Klook is that it provides us with the ability and convenience to settle our travel activities and services at the best prices. With over 100,000 activities in 350 destinations, it’s easy and simple to discover activities, attractions, and things to do wherever we travel. Awesome, right?Klook it and enjoy your CNY vacay lah!
Have a joyous CNY celebration, everyone!
Shrek 4-D Adventure © 2020 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C. All Rights Reserved. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS SINGAPORE, Universal Globe logo, and all Universal elements and related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
PDRM Proposes ‘Ability To Drive’ Assessment For Senior Citizens Before They Can Renew Their License
PDRM has suggested that the government needs to set a new requirement for senior citizens before they can renew their...
Sri Lanka’s Famous Shaman Who Allegedly Claims He Could Cure Covid-19 Dies Due To The Virus
A high-profile shaman from Sri Lanka who claimed he was able to stop the spread of the virus in his...
YB Khairy: Interval Between 1st & 2nd Doses Of AstraZeneca Vaccine Shortened To 6 Weeks
The Minister of Health, YB Khairy Jamaluddin informed that the period between the first and second doses of the AstraZeneca...
Lorry Driver High On Drugs Falls Asleep On The Wheel & Loses Control Of Vehicle On NKVE
A lorry driver lost control of his vehicle after falling asleep on the wheel and skidded on the NKVE heading...
M’sian Man In Somalia Sentenced To 15 Years In Jail For Assisting Terrorist Organisation
A 34-year-old Malaysian man named Ahmad Mustakim Abdul Hamid, was sentenced to 15 years in prison by a Somali military...
KJ: Herd Immunity No Longer Achievable With 80% Vaccination Due To Delta Variant
The Ministry of Health (KKM) will not longer use the conventional formula of achieving herd immunity with at least 80%...
56 Politicians Were Convicted Of Flouting SOPs Throughout The Lockdown Period
A couple of months ago, #KerajaanGagal was trending online for various reasons, one of which is the fact that many...
PDRM On The Hunt For Those Who Leaked Alleged Lewd Messages & Videos Of Celebrity Preacher
The police have opened up an investigation paper after detecting the spread of several video clips and lewd messages allegedly...
Film & TV12 hours ago
Phone Number Shown On ‘Squid Game’ Belongs To A Real Person Who Has Received Over 4000 Calls From Fans
Social Stories10 hours ago
Watch: Motorcyclist Crashes Into A Person Crossing Lanes At The Grand Saga Toll Plaza
Social Stories11 hours ago
Indian Court Orders Beauty Salon To Pay RM1.13 Million To A Customer For Ruining Her Haircut
Social Stories11 hours ago
SG Security Guard Fined RM14k For Pouring Hand Sanitiser Into Coworker’s Water Bottle