It’s January and we all know what that means, Chinese New Year is just around the corner! Aside from all the ang paus and delicious food, nothing is quite capable of setting us in the festive spirit than by watching an exciting dragon dance performance.
You may be thinking: “What’s so special about that lah? Every year also got.” Well, you may have seen a dragon dance performance before, but have you ever watched one that’s performed underwater?
Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) is ready to blow you away this CNY with a host of exciting activities including a spectacular underwater dragon dance performance that’s sure to excite!
If you haven’t yet made plans on where to celebrate CNY, here’s why Resorts World Sentosa in Singapore is perfect for you!
1. Catch entertaining dragon dance performances and greet your favourite characters dressed in festive outfitsIt’s back by popular demand! Kickstart the season by following The Auspicious Dragon Trail as it makes its way around Universal Studios Singapore. Psst! Iconic movie characters from each themed zone will also be dressed in festive outfits to usher in the new lunar year.
This includes Illumination’s Minions as the ever so cute Bob shows off his all-new and specially designed rat costume, providing a rare photo opportunity for fans of the movies. OMG SO CUTE!
Not to mention, you can also expect plenty of exciting attractions like:
- Heart-pumping roller coasters such as Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN vs. CYLON™.
- World-class entertainment like Shrek 4-D Adventure and Lights, Camera, Action! Hosted by Steven Spielberg, just to name a few.
- Live shows such as Elmo’s TV Time and be entertained by daring stunts at WaterWorld.
There’s something for everyone at Universal Studios Singapore!
Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect from this year’s CNY event:
- Spend a minimum of SGD35 in a single receipt at retail outlets and receive a pair of limited-edition Sesame Street Chinese New Year-themed couplets.
- Get Minion-themed couplets when you purchase your admission tickets online.
- Annual and season pass holders can redeem their Minion couplets at the Membership Lounge.
Event period: Now till 9 February 2020.
2. Discover an abundant underwater world with 40,000 marine inhabitants and an exciting dragon dance performanceIf you love animals then the S.E.A. Aquarium makes for a perfect visit! Being the largest aquarium in Southeast Asia with a bountiful realm of marine animals, the S.E.A. Aquarium is a worthy addition to your travel itinerary this CNY.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Be amazed by one of the world’s largest acrylic panel as you marvel over 40,000 marine inhabitants at the Open Ocean Habitat.
- Get up close with eight iconic marine animals commonly associated with wealth and prosperity like a Pineapple Fish which is regarded as a symbol of wealth due to its pineapple-like appearance, among several others.
- Festive décor and displays throughout the aquarium that is bound to provide countless Insta-worthy opportunities.
- Get a pair of limited edition S.E.A. Aquarium themed New Year couplets while stocks last.
Check out some photos from past events below!
Highlighting the event is the spectacular Underwater Dragon Dance performance that will surely leave you spellbound and in awe.
3. Have a splashing good time at Adventure Cove WaterparkWhether you love zipping down thrilling slides before splashing into a pool of water or looking to immerse yourself amongst friendly aquatic life, Adventure Cove Waterpark in RWS is suitable for all ages.
Here’s why you should check it out:
- Experience thrilling water rides such as Pipeline Plunge and Tidal Twister as you’re hurled down an elevated chute going through unpredictable twist and turns before splashing out into a pool water.
- Plenty of engaging activities such as the balance beam, tight rope, cargo net climb, and platform cliff jump.
- Snorkel over a colourful reef boasting 20,000 friendly fishes at Rainbow Reef or gently touch the velvety wings of dozens of stingrays as they swim just inches from you at Ray Bay. *Separate charges apply*
- Grab a tube and float lazily down Adventure River passing lush gardens, a mysterious grotto, and an underwater tunnel with dozens of fishes swimming overhead and around you.
Wow! Who would have thought that Singapore would be such an ideal vacation destination? I don’t know about you guys, but just writing this is giving me the itch to plan a trip there myself 😀.
Well, if you are too, then don’t forget to book with Klook for added convenience and great discounts on these attractions at Resorts World Sentosa!
Here’s why you should book on Klook:
- Skip the ticketing lines, scan tickets at the entrance and go right in with paperless tickets, everything saved on your mobile phone.
- Plan and book on the go, in-destination, and at the last minute.
- Read reviews from other travellers who have bought and completed the activity in your native language.
- Have peace of mind when booking from Klook as every ticket is legitimate.
- Some offerings are even open-dated, so you can enjoy activities at your own convenience.
What’s great about Klook is that it provides us with the ability and convenience to settle our travel activities and services at the best prices. With over 100,000 activities in 350 destinations, it’s easy and simple to discover activities, attractions, and things to do wherever we travel. Awesome, right?Klook it and enjoy your CNY vacay lah!
Have a joyous CNY celebration, everyone!
Shrek 4-D Adventure © 2020 DreamWorks Animation L.L.C. All Rights Reserved. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS SINGAPORE, Universal Globe logo, and all Universal elements and related indicia TM & © 2020 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
After 6 Years, Aviation Experts Claim To Have Found The Likeliest Crash Site of MH370
After more than 6 years shrouded in mystery, will this finally lead to an answer to what exactly happened to...
JUST IN: YDPA REJECTS Implementing Darurat, Reminds Politicians To Focus On National Stability
For the past few days, Malaysia has been engulfed in a state of uncertainty with our government Cabinet agreeing to...
CMCO For KL, Selangor & Putrajaya May Be Extended If Numbers Continue To Rise
Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah envisioned that the current Controlled Movement Control Order (CMCO) imposed in Selangor,...
Man Found Dead Inside Locked Car At Tapah R&R
This is so tragic! Hopefully, the authorities will be able to investigate the cause of death so that his family...
PDRM Tracking Down Lorry Driver Involved In Hit-And-Run That Killed A Firefighter In Puchong
Hopefully the police will find the lorry driver soon! The Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) are currently on the hunt for...
Social Stories20 hours ago
Myvi Runs Red Light & Slams Into Honda, Causing It To Flip Over
Social Stories9 hours ago
Newborn Baby Found With A Sad Note Abandoned In A Box In Front of Mosque
Social Stories19 hours ago
Mukbang YouTuber Loses 44Kgs In 500 Days After Going On A Transformation Diet
Social Stories10 hours ago
“I’m not good,” Malaysian Shares Heartbreaking Struggles of Hawker Uncles & Aunties During CMCO