A bus conductor in Thailand recently had trouble breathing and fainted while on duty after a passenger brought the king of fruits, durian aboard the public transport.
The bus conductor, Kussam Srisong took to Facebook to share the incident, revealing that she has an allergy to the thorny fruit and experienced “tightness in the chest and was struggling to breathe” after catching a passenger bringing durian onto the bus.
Srisong also shared a photo of her lying on the bus seats as she fainted, with two individuals seen helping her, one of whom trying to keep her cool by fanning her with a cloth.
The bus was delayed following the incident and Srisong was brought to the hospital where she thankfully was able to recover. In a follow-up post on Facebook, she said that she was feeling better and had gone back to work.
For reference, in Thailand, the king of fruits is banned on public transport due to its pungent smell. Srisong thus reminded all public transport users in the country to not bring durian, stressing,
“When you bring durian onto the bus, it’s not just you who doesn’t get to continue (the journey), but many others might have to return home late because of you,”
Furthermore, in an interview with Bangkok-based publication Thairath, Srisong said that she suffered an adverse allergic reaction to the durian smell. She added that even though the passenger who brought the thorny fruit had disembarked, the strong odour still remained and that’s what caused her to faint.
So, what do you guys think of the whole incident? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.