Over the weekend, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced a list of relaxed SOPs for fully vaccinated people. One of the leniencies announced was pertaining to the quarantine of those returning from abroad to Malaysia effective 10 August 2021 following the phases of the National Recovery Plan.
As stated by the National Security Council (MKN), all fully vaccinated travellers inclusive of Malaysian citizens and foreigners who have a residence or home in Malaysia (Permanent residents or under Malaysia MY Second Home) that returned to the country from overseas will be allowed to undergo mandatory quarantine at home and will be given a digital House Surveillance Order (HSO). However, these individuals will be expected to meet certain conditions in order to be eligible for home quarantine.
Rules and guidelines
1.Must show evidence of a valid negative RT-PCR test report conducted three days prior to departure.
2. There should be no Covid-19 symptoms while going through health screening at the International Arrivals Gate.
3. Must have completed and show proof of Covid-19 vaccination validity certificate (depending on the type of vaccine).
- Two shots of vaccines (Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Sinovac) 14 days after their second dose, &
- One dose of their vaccine (Cansino & Johnson & Johnson) 28 days after their vaccination.
4. Must have a suitable place of residence for quarantine.
5. The Ministry of Health (KKM) will determine the period of quarantine taking into account risk assessment factors.
These rules and guidelines would help those planning to travel from abroad to Malaysia to plan their journey well in accordance with the announcement made.
Continue following the SOP to make sure of the safety of our loved ones!