After being teased with a relaxation of SOPs for those who are fully vaccinated with the Covid-19 vaccine, Prime Minister Tan Sri Mahiaddin Yassin has finally released the said relaxed rules and regulations via a live telecast just now.
So what are the leniencies that those who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will receive?
Here’s everything you need to know:
Definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ to be eligible for the relaxed rules and regulations
- For those who are taking Covid-19 vaccines that require two doses, these lenient SOPs are only eligible after 14 days of receiving the second dose.
- For those who are taking vaccines that require just one dose, these SOPs are only eligible 28 days after the dose is administered.
- All of these SOPs will be in place this Tuesday, 10 August 2021. Further breakdown and specificity of these SOPs will be announced by the National Security Council (MKN) soon.
1. Leniency for quarantine and travel
- This is in place throughout Malaysia regardless of which phase of the National Recovery Plan that a specific state is in.
- All travellers, whether a Malaysian citizen or foreigner who has a residence or home in Malaysia (Permanent residents or under the Malaysia MY Second Home) that returned to the country from overseas and fully vaccinated are allowed to undergo mandatory quarantine at home and will be given a digital House Surveillance Order (HSO)
- All long distance spouses who are fully vaccinated are allowed to travel inter-district and inter-state to meet their spouses.
- Parents who have been fully vaccinated are allowed to travel inter-district and inter-state to meet their children under 18-years-old.
2. Leniency for places of worship and religious activities
- All mosques and musollahs (surau) are allowed to hold mass prayers for those who are fully vaccinated. This is applicable throughout the nation regardless of which phase of the National Recovery Plan that a specific state is in.
- Mosques and musollahs must ensure that worshippers adhere to the relevant SOPs such as wearing a face mask, social distancing and others.
- All who attend prayers must showcase to the mosques and musollahs their digital Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
- All the above are also applicable to other religion’s places of worship in accordance to the state’s Islamic affairs department as well as the national unity ministry for non-Muslim places of worship.
3. Leniency for the social sector
- These relaxation of SOPs are only applicable for states under phase 2, 3 and 4 of the National Recovery Plan.
All inter-district travel is allowed
- Individuals must present their digital Covid-19 vaccination certificate to officers manning roadblocks.
Dine-in at restaurants are allowed
- Premise and restaurant owners must ensure that all that are dining-in have a Covid-19 vaccination digital certificate.
- Parents who are fully vaccinated and want to bring their children under the age of 17-years-old for dining in must ensure that their children adhere to strict SOP.
Non-contact sports and outdoor group activities are allowed
- All outdoor recreational and sports activities are allowed from 6am to 10pm.
- Dine-in at restaurants and cafes within the premises of club houses are allowed. Individuals must show their Covid-19 vaccination digital certificate.
- However, changing rooms and shower rooms at these club houses are not allowed.
- Jogging, exercise, tai chi, cycling, skateboarding, fishing, equestrian, archery, hiking, tennis (singles), badminton (singles), golf, racing and others are allowed.
Tourism activities within the same state are allowed
- These include hotels and home stays.
- All premises must ensure that guests have a Covid-19 vaccination digital certificate.
Leniency for the economic sector are still under discussions and will be announced in the near future.
Awesome! What do you guys think of these relaxed rules and regulations for fully vaccinated Malaysians? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!
PDRM Proposes ‘Ability To Drive’ Assessment For Senior Citizens Before They Can Renew Their License
PDRM has suggested that the government needs to set a new requirement for senior citizens before they can renew their...
Sri Lanka’s Famous Shaman Who Allegedly Claims He Could Cure Covid-19 Dies Due To The Virus
A high-profile shaman from Sri Lanka who claimed he was able to stop the spread of the virus in his...
YB Khairy: Interval Between 1st & 2nd Doses Of AstraZeneca Vaccine Shortened To 6 Weeks
The Minister of Health, YB Khairy Jamaluddin informed that the period between the first and second doses of the AstraZeneca...
Lorry Driver High On Drugs Falls Asleep On The Wheel & Loses Control Of Vehicle On NKVE
A lorry driver lost control of his vehicle after falling asleep on the wheel and skidded on the NKVE heading...
M’sian Man In Somalia Sentenced To 15 Years In Jail For Assisting Terrorist Organisation
A 34-year-old Malaysian man named Ahmad Mustakim Abdul Hamid, was sentenced to 15 years in prison by a Somali military...
KJ: Herd Immunity No Longer Achievable With 80% Vaccination Due To Delta Variant
The Ministry of Health (KKM) will not longer use the conventional formula of achieving herd immunity with at least 80%...
56 Politicians Were Convicted Of Flouting SOPs Throughout The Lockdown Period
A couple of months ago, #KerajaanGagal was trending online for various reasons, one of which is the fact that many...
PDRM On The Hunt For Those Who Leaked Alleged Lewd Messages & Videos Of Celebrity Preacher
The police have opened up an investigation paper after detecting the spread of several video clips and lewd messages allegedly...
Film & TV17 hours ago
Phone Number Shown On ‘Squid Game’ Belongs To A Real Person Who Has Received Over 4000 Calls From Fans
Social Stories15 hours ago
Watch: Motorcyclist Crashes Into A Person Crossing Lanes At The Grand Saga Toll Plaza
Social Stories16 hours ago
Indian Court Orders Beauty Salon To Pay RM1.13 Million To A Customer For Ruining Her Haircut
Social Stories16 hours ago
SG Security Guard Fined RM14k For Pouring Hand Sanitiser Into Coworker’s Water Bottle