fbpx
Connect with us

Social Stories

M’sian Unhappy After Boss Invited 90% of Colleagues to Open House & Left the Rest at Office

Published

My Post 1 2024 04 23T165721.548
Source: 123RF & MPOB

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Most companies festive celebrations at their respective offices for their staff while the bosses would hold open houses at their personal homes for their friends and loved ones.

But, what if a boss holds an open house at their home, invites a large majority of their staff and leaves out some employees? Would that be considered fair?

A Malaysian took to the @meinmokhtar Twitter page to anonymously confess their dissatisfaction with having to watch 90% of their colleagues leave their office an hour early to attend their boss’s open house, that the remaining 10% of staff (including the anonymous confessor) was not invited to. Those not invited also had to stay at office for their designated working hours.

Open House 1

This image is for illustration purposes only.

They wrote, “What’s your opinion on this work culture? You’re not invited to go for your boss’s open house, while 90% of the office is invited.”

“Those who were invited got to clock out an hour early, those who were not invited had to leave as per usual.”

 

They went on to share their discontent of having to watch 90% of their colleagues happily leaving early to go enjoy the open house.

Open House 2 1

This image is for illustration purposes only.

“You have to watch everyone happily packing up and leaving early while you sit at your desk and wait to finish work and clock out,” they added.

We can only imagine how discouraging and demotivating it would be to have to watch THAT MANY of your colleagues leaving early together to enjoy a party, while you’re left behind at the office.

How would you feel if you were in their shoes? Do feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.

 

Also read: M’sian Shares How Her Chinese Colleagues Travelled from KL to Perak to Raya with Her Family

My Post 3 2024 04 12T150350.826

Source: 123RF
Source: MPOB

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Collage 71 Collage 71
News16 hours ago

“Everyone has strengths” – Students Who Missed SPM Can Apply for GiatMara TVET, a Skills Training Programme

If you didn’t do well in SPM, it’s not the end of the world but only if you strive to...

Collage 70 Collage 70
News16 hours ago

Study: Malaysia Ranks 1st in the World for Consuming Microplastics, Major Source is Seafood

Did you know that when you season your food, you might be sprinkling hundreds of microplastics? And we all know...

Feat Image Summon Spore Feat Image Summon Spore
News18 hours ago

Anthony Loke: S’pore Vehicles With Traffic Summons Will Be Prohibited from Exiting M’sia if Fines Aren’t Paid

Transport Minister Anthony Loke Siew Fook yesterday (28 May) announced that all foreign vehicles must have the Vehicle Entry Permit...

Feat Image Spm2023 Feat Image Spm2023
News21 hours ago

SPM 2023: Pendidikan Quran & Sunnah Records Highest ‘A’ Percentage, Ad-Maths Highest ‘Gagal’

Monday (27 May) was a landmark day for SPM 2023 candidates as after doing their best in the O Level...

My Post 1 2024 05 29T105616.669 My Post 1 2024 05 29T105616.669
News22 hours ago

Puchong Residents are Protesting the Construction of a Chinese School in Their Area, Here’s Why!

The residents of Bandar Kinrara, Puchong, are now actively opposing the construction of a Chinese school, SJKC Too Joon Hing,...

Collage 67 Collage 67
News22 hours ago

29yo Businesswoman in Penang Gets Charged & Fined RM2K by Court for Owning 102 Sex Toys

In case you’re not aware, yes, owning a sex toy in Malaysia is ILLEGAL. We’ll get to the laws around...

Feat Image Mobile Wallet Feat Image Mobile Wallet
News23 hours ago

Study: 63% of Malaysians Utilise Mobile Wallets for Transactions, The Highest in The World!

A recent study by Adyen, a global financial technology platform, has found that a whopping 63% of Malaysians utilise mobile...

My Post 1 2024 05 28T145839.287 1 My Post 1 2024 05 28T145839.287 1
News2 days ago

Someone Allegedly Threw a Shopping Trolley from an Apartment in Bangsar, Nearly Hitting a Woman

Imagine standing outside of an apartment building only to look up and see a shopping trolley falling from above towards...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY