We all know that living in the city can be a bit rough on the wallet, especially if you’re still young. This is why it might be helpful to know some of the tips and tricks that can help to stretch your monthly wages to last longer. Curious to know any? Then read on to find out some of the ‘economical’ tips that fellow Malaysian millennials would use to survive living in the city.
1. Always utilise e-wallets so you can rake in the points
The great thing about e-wallets is that now, you can use them in pretty much every supermarket and hypermarket. By collecting these points, you can enjoy several benefits such as cashback, vouchers and discounts which will all give you bigger savings in the future.
Apart from the points, you can also use it as a budgeting tool. You can top up your e-wallet with a certain amount (eg: RM500 for one month worth of groceries) and make sure you only pay for grocery items with your e-wallet to stay within budget. This will help you keep track of your budget and avoid scenarios where your money ‘disappears’.
2. Wait for monthly sales to top up your necessities
Thanks to online shopping, we now have special sales every month (especially on 1.1, 2.2, 3.3 and so on)! These sales usually offer a bunch of deals and vouchers. Make sure to take advantage of this and spend on necessities such as toiletries, detergent, kitchen supplies, etc because this would definitely save you a ton instead of purchasing them at hypermarkets.
3. Sign up for membership at every place you like to shop
When it comes to luxuries like clothing, shoes or makeup, it can be a bit hard to control our wants. So, make sure to sign up for memberships at stores you frequent so you’d be able to receive special perks like birthday vouchers. This way, you can always remind yourself “I can wait for my birthday to buy this” instead of being tempted to spend all year long!
4. The My50 travel pass by RapidKL is a life-saver!
For only RM50 monthly, you can:
- Get unlimited rides for RapidKL’s rail (LRT, MRT, Monorail) and bus (BRT, Rapid KL) services for the whole month!
- Save up to hundreds on toll, gas and parking fees.
- Cut down on traffic time and get more stuff done on the train.
- Conveniently reach the 10K steps per day goal.
Not only can you use them for the work commute, but you can also use them on the weekends to go to malls so you can save money and time on parking. In fact, some malls, like Tropicana Gardens Mall which is connected to the Surian MRT station, are highly accessible by train!
5. Limit yourself to only one streaming platform
Let’s face it, as working adults, we might not have that much time to indulge in binge-watching sessions anymore. This is why we believe that subscribing to only one streaming platform is more than enough! Most streaming platforms would actively add more shows/movies each month so it’d be impossible for you to run out of things to watch. If you’re subscribed to more than one, you’re most likely wasting money on something you don’t even utilise fully.
6. Take part in every shopping contest you encounter
In case you haven’t noticed, most shopping malls in Malaysia would often hold a shopping contest where the requirement to enter is simply to shop at their malls. This is a great opportunity because your spending can earn you a chance to win vouchers or prizes, which in turn will give you more bang for your buck!
Not to mention, this type of contest will also offer some amazing grand prizes, much like this one from Tropicana Gardens Mall!
From 21 Jan to 22 May 2022, Tropicana Gardens Mall is having their Multi-Million Mania – Win A Property contest where you can stand a chance to win a brand new Edelweiss SOFO unit worth RM519,000!
Yes, you read that right! This is not a joke, people! 😱
Apart from the grand prize of a new home, Malaysians can also stand a chance to redeem shopping vouchers worth up to RM1 Million! Doesn’t that sound super exciting? Without further ado, let’s find out how you can enter!
- To win the vouchers, customers need to spend a minimum of RM100 only (in a maximum of two receipts) to receive 1 token and 1 stamp on the entry card from the Multi-Million Mania Counter.
- The 1 token can be inserted into a vending machine where you can win a cash voucher worth RM20, RM50 or RM100.
- Do note that if you’ve spent RM500 on one single receipt, you will still receive only 1 token.
- The customer must obtain 10 stamps in order to be able to place their card in the Grand Draw Box.
- Spend RM100 and above on one receipt at Tropicana Gardens Mall to earn 1 stamp on your entry card. If you spend RM500 on one receipt, you will receive 1 stamp only!
- Each entry card = one entry to stand a chance to win the SOFO unit!
- A total of 50 lucky customers will be shortlisted from the Grand Draw Box and they will all be invited to attend a special Live Draw event.
- One lucky customer will walk away with a Tropicana Gardens Edelweiss SOFO unit worth RM519,000 while the other attendees will each bring home a goodie bag filled with RM300 worth of prizes!
And believe us, you will definitely love the Edelweiss SOFO unit because it has some amazing features such as:
- A multi-tiered security system and resort-life facilities
- Easy access to Tropicana Gardens Mall
- Great accessibility to major highways and the development is directly linked to the Surian MRT station
Can you imagine winning this amazing property? It’s like a dream come true! 😍
Instead of spending elsewhere, why not make the most of your spending by shopping at a mall where you will have a chance to win vouchers and enter a contest for a brand new home, right? Plus, Tropicana Gardens Mall is also a great one-stop lifestyle mall where you can find everything you need under one roof including the largest Don Don Donki store in Malaysia, hot pot restaurants for a scrumptious dinner with friends, a cinema and so many others!
Not to forget, the grand prize of this contest is certainly incredible! So, don’t miss this chance to enter this remarkable contest by heading over to Tropicana Gardens Mall today! For more information on this contest, head over to their website here. You can also follow them on Facebook and Instagram to stay updated on the contest.
Do you have more tips on how to survive living in the city? Share with us below!
M’sian Arrested After Killing Wife & 3mo Son & Fleeing Naked On A Motorcycle
A father was stunned to see his daughter and grandson covered in blood and lifeless after being stabbed in the...
M’sian Modifies His Nissan Skyline R32 Into A Police Car For Automotive Exhibition, PDRM Investigates
Creativity knows no bounds, but sometimes, we must have certain boundaries while being creative in order to avoid disappointing certain...
WATCH: Motorcyclist Allegedly Sniffs Glue While Riding Without Helmet & Number Plate
The Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) is currently looking for a man who is shown in a viral video riding a...
PM: M’sia Has Low Inflation Rate Compared To Other Countries
According to Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob, the rise in living costs happens not only in Malaysia but worldwide, and...
KJ: MySejahtera’s Traveller Pass No Longer Needed For M’sians Returning Home Starting 4 July
Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin has announced that the requirement for Malaysians coming back to the country from overseas to complete...
Tourism Minister: M’sians Can Redeem Up To RM100 E-Vouchers To Purchase Domestic Flight Tickets
Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Nancy Shukri yesterday announced that five airlines are offering e-vouchers valued between RM25...
Minister Urges M’sians To Not Consume Cannabis-Infused Food & Drinks In Thailand
Many Malaysians and Singaporeans love to go to Thailand for short vacays as it is cheap and nearby. Recently, Thailand...
M’sian Couple Gets Into Accident & Steals Road User’s Car To Flee, Leaving Their Son’s Body Behind
After getting into an accident on Jalan Sungai Kelamah-Jelai-Gemas, Negeri Sembilan, a couple decided to leave the body of their...
Social Stories15 hours ago
Netizens Angered After Men Wrap Their Arms Around Waitress In Terengganu During Picture
Social Stories11 hours ago
Using Prayer Oil As ‘Affordable Cooking Oil?’ Local Preacher Says Lies Shouldn’t Be Part Of A Joke
People15 hours ago
22yo Becomes First Malay Model To Walk Paris Fashion Week!
Social Stories16 hours ago
Syed Saddiq Slams PM For Saying ‘Foreigners Also Enjoy Chicken Subsidy Meant For M’sians’