As soothing or cathartic as retail therapy can be, our bank account after shopping not so soothing lah. ? If you’re in the same boat as we are (we’re human beings too!), then you probably agree it’s time to potong our shopping expenses!
Here are five super simple yet effective ways to be more responsible shoppers.
1. Unsubscribe from e-mailing lists/newsletters
As enticing as member-exclusive deals can be, mailing lists and newsletters actually tend to make us shop more than needed, especially when we get a SUPER exclusive voucher that NEEDS to be used in less than 24 hours.
2. Unfollow favourite brands/shops on social media
Similar to the above, seeing our favourite brands or shops frequently sharing updates on their products doesn’t help with our FOMO. ? In these two cases, ignorance truly is bliss for both our well-being and bank account.
3. Ask yourself: Do you WANT or NEED the instalment?
Though instalments are a good way to stretch your money, you might end up biting more than you can chew and hurt your monthly expenses in the long run (if you overspend). If you can’t afford your purchase at the time, it’s best to avoid instalment plans; and even if you’re able to, make sure to keep track of them so that you don’t accumulate debt and go overboard ya?
4. Keep track of bills and your bank account frequently
Giving ourselves the “reality check” often actually compels us to double back on impulsive purchases. After all, who wants to
enjoy survive on instant noodles to compensate for our super unnecessary buys? ?
5. Pay off your credit card debts ASAP!
Say ‘No’ to having outstanding credit card debts! By paying off your debts immediately after shopping, you’ll be more aware of how much you’ve been shopping, which in turn makes you more wary of impulsive purchases in the future~
However, shopping is still a necessity in our daily lives (not the luxurious kind ah!), so another way to shop responsibly is to spend with a credit card that gifts you rewards for shopping. As it so happens, we recently discovered a credit card that does exactly that, on top of ALL your spending – it’s that simple!
Ever Connected, Ever Rewarding
Presenting the AEON Platinum Credit Card, equipped with super rewarding perks like up to 4x AEON points with every RM1 spent, up to 10% cashback, and up to RM1 million in travel insurance!
Here are four reasons why this is one card you shouldn’t miss:
a) Earn points just by spending
- Overseas spending: 6x AEON points
- AEON stores and AEON BiG hypermarkets: 4x AEON points
- Other transactions: 1x AEON point*
*Excludes petrol, government department, trading, utility bills, and all fees and charges-related transactions.
b) Save BiG with up to 10% cashback!
If you’re keen on saving even more for either leisure or grocery shopping, you’d be glad to know that it’s possible with AEON Platinum Credit Card. This card allows you to score 10% cashback on AEON Thank You Day in all AEON stores – including AEON MaxValu, AEON Wellness, DAISO (by AEON), myAEON2go – and AEON BiG hypermarkets on the 20th and 28th of every month.
Plus, you also get to enjoy 2% cashback on online spending to reduce your expenditure even more!
c) Travel like you deserve it!
Level up your holiday by earning 6x AEON points for every overseas transaction, including hotel bookings, flight tickets, and any foreign currency spendings. Plus, you get to pamper yourself with 6x complimentary access to all Plaza Premium Lounges in Malaysia*, where you can sit back and relax luxuriously before your flight.
*Only applicable for principal cardholders.
d) Plenty of convenient payment options~
- Interest-free instalment plans: Enjoy a 0% interest instalment payment plan when shopping at participating merchants! Here is the list of participating merchants.
- FlexiPayment Plan: Transfer your shopping credit to AEON credit card and enjoy as low as 2.5% one-time upfront handling fee, for as long as 18 months.
- Ready Cash: Turn your available AEON credit card limit* into cash, with affordable fixed monthly instalments as low as 3.99% for up to 36 months.
- Balance Transfer: Consolidate your outstanding balances from other credit cards and transfer to AEON Credit to enjoy lower interest rates.
- Cash Advance: Get instant cash everywhere, anytime at any ATMs worldwide.
*Up to 80% of your available limit with minimum Ready Cash amount of RM1,000.
Feel like the AEON Platinum Credit Card isn’t for you? Fret not, because here are other credit cards from AEON Credit that are worth considering too:
- AEON Gold Credit Card: Enjoy exclusive discounts at all AEON outlets and earn points just by shopping at all AEON stores and AEON hypermarkets.
- AEON BiG Gold Credit Card: Save more with a 5% rebate at AEON BiG, as well as rebates on petrol spending every Sunday.
No matter what type of spender you are, confirm AEON Credit will have a card that suits your every need! After all, they’re committed to each and every Malaysian to make sure our financial needs are met, which is why they rebranded recently with a new tagline: ‘Ever Connected, Ever Rewarding’.
AEON Credit’s new branding promises that they’re a one-stop platform which offers a comprehensive range of financial services, including personal financing, auto financing, credit cards and more, all under one roof. They hope to form rewarding relationships with Malaysians so that they can brighten up their day with the financial assistance they need.