Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, addressed the nation live today (28 August) at 8pm and many tuned in to discover that the RMCO will be extended until 31 December. However, the Prime Minister also addressed many key points in his speech. If you couldn’t catch all of them, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with everything you need to know from tonight’s announcement:
- Stricter action will be taken for those involved in Covid-19 clusters (Sivagangga, Tawar, Sala, Sanglang in Perlis, and Sarawak) before the situation escalates.
- Nobody is exempted from the rules and any individual who is found flouting the law will be faced with full consequences.
- The price of compound fines will increase by twice/thrice the amount it initially costs.
- Entertainment sectors and nightclubs will remain closed due to the difficulty in maintaining social distancing.
- Foreign tourists are not allowed to enter the country to avoid imported cases.
- Sporting activities are allowed but international contestants and spectators will not be allowed to attend.
- Face masks prices might be reduced.
- The country’s borders will be tightened in order to curb the spread of the virus. The government maintains that it is mandatory for citizens who return from overseas and foreigners who enter the country to undergo the 14-day quarantine period in government quarantine stations.
- One of the approaches taken by the government to curb the Sivagangga cluster is Administrative EMCO for example like Aman Jaya, Sungai Petani.
- The Covid-19 fund arranged by NADMA will be extended till 31st December. Donations and contributions are open and will be directed towards victims in need.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Viral Poster Of Anwar Ibrahim’s Swearing-In Ceremony As 9th PM On 25 September Is Fake
Earlier today, a poster showcasing Anwar Ibrahim’s swearing-in ceremony as the 9th Prime Minister of Malaysian on 25 September, 10am...
KKM: 71 New Cases Today, No New Clusters, Sabah Remains As Highest-Recorded Covid-19 Cases
Based on the Covid-19 update from the Ministry of Health Malaysia, there are 71 new cases as of today (24...
UPDATED: Parent Of Child From An Education Centre At The Linc KL Tests Positive For Covid-19
A parent of a child at Trinity Kids at The Linc KL branch, an education centre for children aged two...
Kinabalu Park Closed Until 8 October After Hiker From Tawau Tests Positive For Covid-19
According to a statement by Sabah Parks Board of Trustees, Kinabalu Park will be closed from 25 September to 8...
In 2019, A Malaysian Passed Off As A Prince & Was Treated Like VIP in Germany
On 4 June 2019, an alleged Malaysian “Prince” visited the Hanseatic City of Rostock in Germany. His visit made big...
Social Stories13 hours ago
Young, Pregnant M’sian Bride Just Wants “RM20,000, Half-carat Ring and a Honeymoon trip” From In-Laws
Social Stories11 hours ago
“You want faster, you can buy me a drink” PDRM Officer Caught On Video Asking Woman For Bribe
Social Stories15 hours ago
“At least he didn’t rape anybody”, Malaysians Defend YouTuber Caught Possessing Child Porn
Social Stories10 hours ago
Malaysian Mother Breaks Down in Tears After Accidentally Spilling Her Breast Milk