This is so freaky!
According to Mirror, a doctor in China pulled out a 10cm leech that was growing in a man’s throat for 2 months.
The 60-year-old patient, Mr Li, reportedly went to a hospital in Yibin, China to seek help for his sickness. For the past two months, he had been suffering from an itchy throat and had been coughing up blood for two whole months. He also mentioned how he has repeatedly attempted to cure his disease but was unfortunately misdiagnosed each time.
However, as Doctor Zhang Dadong performed an endoscopy on Mr Li, he immediately realised that there was a leech living in his patient’s windpipe.
As it was challenging to retrieve the slimy parasite, the doctor used a pair of forceps to remove it after sedating it with aerosol. What came out was a huge pulsating leech that was recorded to be at an unbelievable length of 10cm. Whoa!
Mr Li, who came from a rural village, was believed to have ingested leech eggs when he drank uncooked water. Over the course of two months, the larva then hatched and grew into its current size of 10cm. As such, Doctor Zhang as well as other medical websites such as Medical News Today advise the public to boil their water in order to kill parasites, making it much safer to drink.
Let us take this as a lesson to remember to drink water that has been boiled and prepared properly. Hopefully this wouldn’t happen to anyone else because having a leech living in your throat would really suck.
Ipoh High Court Orders Man To Be Paid RM240k After He Was Unlawfully Imprisoned For 106 Days
The Ipoh High Court has ordered for a man to be paid RM240,000 in damages after they found that his...
Former PM Ismail Sabri Says He is Ready to Quit Politics & That GE15 Was His Last Election
Following UMNO’s surprisingly disappointing results during the 15th General Election, the survival and the future of the party was questioned....
IGP: Public Must Follow Dress Codes at Police Stations Except in ‘Life or Death’ Emergencies
It was recently reported that a woman had complained that she had been denied entry into Kajang police station over...
Kelantan Corporation Responds to Backlash After Employment of State MB & Deputy’s Children
Recently, the employment of the Kelantan Menteri Besar and his deputy’s children in the Kelantan State Economic Development Corporation (PKINK)...
Federal Government Agrees To Legalise Fireworks & Firecrackers, Says Nga Kor Ming
When the festivities are near, we will definitely hear many people playing with firecrackers and fireworks even though it is...
KL High Court Rejects Zahid Hamidi’s Bid to Permanently Regain Passport For DPM Duties
Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi failed in his application at the Kuala Lumpur High Court to get his passport...
“Don’t be shy, join me” – Communications Minister Says He Doesn’t Want A Dedicated Lift
Did you know that besides riding in a car amidst an entourage of blacked out cars and police vehicles, Malaysian...
Petaling Street Listed Under USA’s Report of Most Notorious Markets For Counterfeit Products
For many, visiting Petaling Street aka Chinatown in Kuala Lumpur is an experience of food, culture and business. But, what...
Social Stories19 hours ago
Influencer Who Refuses To Date B40s, Flirts For Free Shawarma In TikTok Video
Social Stories8 hours ago
18yo Lion Dancer In Johor Loses Sight In Right Eye After Accidental Fireworks Explosion
Social Stories6 hours ago
Penang Family Warns Others to be Careful After Buying “Cancerous” Pork with Pus in the Meat
Social Stories8 hours ago
“So inconsiderate” – Restaurant in Chow Kit Gets Slammed by M’sians For Taking Up Public Parking Spaces