2023 is almost upon us, Malaysians! That means more new opportunities to travel as well! But before 2022 ends, why not start arranging for your vacations now and forego any chaotic last-minute planning? And while you’re at it, get your travel plans settled with this awesome deal from Malaysia Airlines!:
From now until 12 December 2022, Malaysia Airlines is offering fares from RM89 to domestic destinations & up to 35% discount for flights to international destinations!
That’s right, wanderers! Malaysia Airlines is holding a Year-End Sale where you can enjoy spectacular flight rates to major local and international destinations within a travelling period from now until 31 August 2023! That way, you can enjoy your holidays AND give your bank account a break, too!
Too rambang mata to decide on which destinations to choose? Then, here are some of the magnificent locations available on Malaysia Airlines’ Year-End Sale!:
INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS (enjoy up to 35% OFF)
1. Seoul, Korea
This heart and Seoul of Korea is famous for its perfect blend of Asian modernity and deep roots in Korean culture! Oh, and it’s the home of this thing called K-pop; you might have heard of it before! Check out these fantastic landmarks in Seoul!:
- Lotte World Tower: Come visit South Korea’s tallest building to play around on the 118th-floor Sky Deck! Other places you can check out here include the Lotte World Aquarium, the Lotte Museum of Art and a shopping mall too!
- Gyeongbokgung Palace: First built in 1395, this palace is the largest of Seoul’s five grand palaces built during the Joseon dynasty. Dive into its illustrious history by visiting the National Palace Museum of Korea and the National Folk Museum of Korea!
- Gwangjang Market: Dating back to 1905, this Korean street market is famous for its extensive selection of street food, fabrics and textiles. You can also shop for kitchenware, imported products, fruits and vegetables, and dried goods here too!
2. London, United Kingdom
One of the most visited cities in the world, London has a bit of everything for tourists! From extravagant history and culture to glorious food, here are the must-visit places in this culturally dynamic city:
- Westminster: This political hub contains the Houses of Parliament and the world’s most famous clock tower, Big Ben! You can also visit Westminster Abbey to walk among statues of historical figures such as Winston Churchill and Nelson Mandela!
- Camden Town: Delight yourself in this neighbourhood by indulging in local street food, visiting unique art establishments and rummaging about in vintage clothing stores! And don’t forget to take a pic at the iconic Abbey Road à la the Beatles!
- River Thames: Go on a cruise down England’s longest river, where you can pass through several sightseeing locations including Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and London Bridge (you know, like the song)!
3. Bangkok, Thailand
This powerhouse in Thailand is a hotspot for tourists thanks to its array of world-class food, mesmerising historical landmarks and hospitable people! Experience the best of Bangkok at these stunning landmarks!:
- Grand Palace: This spectacularly-structured royal compound has been the home of Thailand’s monarchy since 1782 and is used for important ceremonies to this day! We recommend linking up with a tour guide so you don’t miss a single thing!
- Wat Pho: As Bangkok’s oldest temple complex, Wat Pho is also considered a healing centre for many Buddhists and serves as the home of the golden Reclining Buddha statue!
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market: Go on a shopping spree in these waterways where you’ll find vendors who sell food, drinks, artwork and even exotic pets! Through this slow boat ride, you’ll be sure to enjoy a calming shopping experience in Thailand!
LOCAL DESTINATIONS (enjoy all-in one-way tickets from RM89!)
Known for its pristine beaches and for being Peninsular Malaysia’s number one street food destination, this Malaysian island isn’t called the “Pearl of the Orient” for nothing! Here are the must-visit locations in Penang!:
- George Town: This UNESCO World Heritage Site boasts buildings with impressive historical architecture ranging from old Chinese shop lots to British colonial mansions! The most significant of which is the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion, which is one of only three mansions outside China built with traditional Feng Shui architectural principles!
- Clan Jetties: Located near George Town’s east coast, these stilted villages are an important aspect of Penang’s heritage! This attraction is the perfect place to shop for souvenirs and take part in Insta-worthy photo ops!
- Penang Hill Funicular: Ride along Asia’s longest and steepest track to ascend to this former colonial hill station! Here, you can stroll through an art gallery, enjoy a good old Penang snack or enjoy a striking view of the island!
5. Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
A far cry from the hustle and bustle of Peninsular Malaysian cities, this East Malaysian capital presents a more rural side of the country with its dense jungles, mountainous regions and beautiful beaches!:
- Mount Kinabalu: As Malaysia’s highest mountain peak, Mount Kinabalu has a rich ecosystem filled with different flora and fauna at various altitudes. Go for a hike to mingle with nature and experience breathtaking views of Sabah!
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Park: This marine park is a set of five islands off Kota Kinabalu’s coasts: Sulug, Gaya, Manukan, Sapi, and Mamutik. Here, you can swim, dive or just sunbathe against the backdrop of Sabah’s picturesque beaches!
- Kota Kinabalu Night Market: Indulge in seafood delicacies taken straight from the Sabahan seas in this night market! In addition to the usual seafood, you’ll also get to enjoy fresh fruits, vegetables and exotic seafood you won’t find in any typical wet market!
6. Kuching, Sarawak
As part of Borneo island, this charming city in East Malaysia is known for its uniquely rich indigenous culture as well as serving some of nature’s finest views courtesy of the Borneo rainforest! For the best experience, here are a few places in Kuching you cannot miss!:
- Sarawak Cultural Village: This establishment lets you learn about the various indigenous groups that reside in Sarawak, watch cultural performances and appreciate its local crafts and buildings!
- Kuching Waterfront: Visitors can opt for a calming stroll here or go on a river cruise down calm waters! Come every late evening, you’ll also get to see the lights on the Sarawak State Legislative building reflect beautifully in the water!
- Semenggoh Nature Reserve: Located 40 minutes away from Kuching, this reserve is the home of orangutans, birds, mammals and reptiles which roam all over the Semenggoh forest. Here, you can get up close and personal with the wildlife through various feeding sessions!
In addition to the locations above, all other flight destinations available on Malaysia Airlines are on offer too*! So consider yourself spoiled for choice!
*Except for Xiamen (XMN), Beijing (PEK), Shanghai (PVG), Guangzhou (CAN), Brisbane (BNE), and Doha (DOH).
So many awesome destinations, kan? But the deals don’t end at the flight fares!
Being the awesome-est airline that they are, Malaysia Airlines is also offering 20% off of the following add-ons to turn your good flight into a great one!:
- 20% off Seat Selection (Economy only)
- 20% off Extra Baggage (Economy and Business)
- 20% off Value Bundle (Standard Seat and 10kg Extra Baggage) (Economy only)
- 20% off Golden Lounge Access (Economy only)
- 20% off Premium Bundle (Extra Legroom Seat and Golden Lounge Access) (Economy only)
Wanna go on vacation? Then purchase MHinsure to cover medical insurance, luggage, flight delays and more! And don’t forget to use the promo code YES2022 to get 20% off of your MHinsure purchase!
Last but not least, members of Enrich, the award-winning Travel & Lifestyle Loyalty Programme of Malaysia Airlines will be able to earn 10% more points with their booking! Use Enrich points to get deals on flights, seat upgrades, hotel stays, dining and more! So don’t FOMO and sign up if you haven’t already!
Remember, the Year-End Sale ends on 12 December 2022, so get your flight(s) booked for the travelling period starting from now until 31 August 2023! Sort out your cuti now with Malaysia Airlines!
For more information regarding the Year-End Sale, visit Malaysia Airline’s website or follow them on their social media pages:
Batang Kali K9 Heroes Denti & Frankie Will be Sent to Turkey to Help With Earthquake Rescue
The recent disaster known as the Turkey Earthquake, flattened thousands of buildings, trapped a huge number of people, and killed...
Trans Man In India Makes History By Giving Birth To Baby With Trans Girlfriend
In what is believed to be the first in India, a transgender couple in Kerala has welcomed their baby this...
Ipoh High Court Orders Man To Be Paid RM240k After He Was Unlawfully Imprisoned For 106 Days
The Ipoh High Court has ordered for a man to be paid RM240,000 in damages after they found that his...
Former PM Ismail Sabri Says He is Ready to Quit Politics & That GE15 Was His Last Election
Following UMNO’s surprisingly disappointing results during the 15th General Election, the survival and the future of the party was questioned....
IGP: Public Must Follow Dress Codes at Police Stations Except in ‘Life or Death’ Emergencies
It was recently reported that a woman had complained that she had been denied entry into Kajang police station over...
Kelantan Corporation Responds to Backlash After Employment of State MB & Deputy’s Children
Recently, the employment of the Kelantan Menteri Besar and his deputy’s children in the Kelantan State Economic Development Corporation (PKINK)...
Federal Government Agrees To Legalise Fireworks & Firecrackers, Says Nga Kor Ming
When the festivities are near, we will definitely hear many people playing with firecrackers and fireworks even though it is...
KL High Court Rejects Zahid Hamidi’s Bid to Permanently Regain Passport For DPM Duties
Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi failed in his application at the Kuala Lumpur High Court to get his passport...
Lifestyle18 hours ago
M’sian Who Paid RM40 For A Stay Near KLCC Shocked To Find 10 Bunk Beds Squeezed Into One Room
Social Stories21 hours ago
M’sian-Based UK Food Vlogger Says He Won’t Lie That The Food is Delicious Just Because He is Paid
Social Stories16 hours ago
19yo M’sian YouTuber Buys First House For RM1.6 Million & Shares Heartwarming Story About it
Social Stories23 hours ago
WATCH: Group of People Caught on Camera Disposing Truckload of Rubbish Onto Street in Johor