You probably already have a rewards or loyalty card of some sort that offers discounts or to collect points for future redemptions, right? While these cards are pretty great, they’re often only for that one particular shop or brand. Sometimes, it can be hard to keep track of so many cards! If you have been thinking how you can get discounts, points and even cashbacks for hundreds of brands and services without having a hundred different cards, then read on!
1. Sign up with ShopBack and get cashback plus awesome discounts
This service literally gives you cash when you spend. This is possible because ShopBack is rewarded by stores for referring Malaysians to shop on their site. With over 500 participating online stores, we’re sure you can find at least one site where you can shop!
Some of the popular stores that offer cashback and discounts via ShopBack include Zalora (2% cashback), Lazada (11%), Taobao (10%), Fave (4.5%), Malaysia Airlines (1%), AliExpress (6%), Foodpanda (9%), 11Street (6%) and hundreds more!
- Sign up for a ShopBack account
- On ShopBack, find the online store you wish to shop from and start adding things to your cart
- Remember to check ShopBack for discount codes before checking out too
- Checkout and earn cash in your ShopBack account
- Cash out to your bank and withdraw your moolah!
2. Get cashback and points when you eat, shop or play using CashMe
Similar to ShopBack, but instead of online merchants, CashMe can be used at your favourite cafes, restaurants, shops and more. Also, with CashMe, a portion of what you spend will be donated to charity. Which means you can cross off your good deed for the day! Some popular merchants you can use CashMe at include Aboong (5% cashback), BingSu Cafe (5%), Chaplang Cafe (10%), Decleor PARIS (5%), Frisky Goat (5%), Salad Atelier (5%), Sushi Q (10%), and more.
- Download the app (Apple or Android) and make an account
- At participating outlets, present the QR code to scan while paying
- Pay and accumulate cash and rewards
3. Get the Boost app and earn up to 50% cashback at your favourite stores
Besides cashback, this app also allows you to make cashless purchases at stores by simply transferring cash into your Boost account and scanning the QR code at cashier counters. In fact, some of the merchants you can get up to 50% cashback from include Borders bookstore, BMS Organics, Boost Juice, Burgerlab, Fave, KGB Burger, Krispy Kreme, and more! For all you avid gamers out there, Boost even offers discounts for Steam!
- Download the Boost app for Apple or Android, and make an account
- Add money to your Boost wallet
- While at any Boost merchants, scan your QR code to pay at a discounted rate or purchase a discounted voucher from within your Boost app and present it at the counter
4. Use your IC as a loyalty or rewards card
Yes, your IC actually has a ton of uses you probably didn’t know about, and this is one of them! By registering your IC here you can actually get discounts and points when you shop from numerous local participating outlets such as Zalora, AliExpress, Hotels.com, Friends of Burger, Wood & Steel Cafe and many more.
- Register your IC here and become a MyKad Smart Shopper
- Visit participating outlets and shop for whatever you need
- At the counter or checkout page, present your IC or insert your IC number in the space provided
- Every RM1 you spend = 1 cash point, which you can use to redeem goods from any of your favourite participating outlets
5. Get the GigaGigs app that rewards you for doing simple tasks
Whether you’re being a couch potato or feeling bored at work, this app lets you has micro tasks to help you earn cash! From completing surveys to trying out new products, you can choose from a number of tasks.
- Download the app (Apple or Android)
- Find a task you’d like to do, and do it
- Once you earn a minimum of RM10, you can withdraw your hard earned cash from your preferred bank
6. Get paid simply for filling up surveys with PanelPlace
Not only is registration free, you get to answer surveys from numerous brands and companies and learn a bit about them too! Just make sure you have a PayPal account.
- Sign up as a member on PanelPlace
- Wait for PanelPlace to recommend surveys for you and complete them
- Accumulate points and redeem as cash!
7. Use debit cards that offer cashback
Yes, even debit cards offer cashback and rewards points! Here are a couple of debit cards that will give you pretty decent cashbacks or reward points:
- Alliance Bank Hybrid Premium Debit Card – 2% cashback on overseas spending
- For Privilege Banking customers only; RM12 annual fee
- BSN Visa Debit Card – 0.5% unlimited cash back and BCARD loyalty programme
- Must own BSN Giro Savings account; annual fee waived with conditions
- Citi Debit & ATM Card – 1 reward point for ever RM1 spent
- Must own a Citibank Checking/ Savings Account; annual fee waived for life
- Maybank Manchester United Visa Debit – 1 TreatsPoints for every RM2 on retail spending
- Must own a Maybank savings/ current account; annual fee waived for life
- Public Bank Day2Day Debit Card – 0.8% cashback on petrol & groceries and 0.3% unlimited cashback on all retail shopping
- Must own Public Bank Savings/ Basic Savings or Current/ Basic Current account; RM8 annual fee
- RHB Platinum Debit Card – 1% cashback on overseas retail shopping, 0.5% cashback on local retail spending
- Must own a RHB savings or current account; annual fee waived with conditions
There are many other debit cards that offer cashback and rewards points, so make sure you do your research and apply for one most suited for your needs!
Make sure you try either one or all of the above methods to gain a bit of extra cash or get discounts and cashbacks while shopping. Easy money or what? It will be worth it in the long run! Let us know in the comments if you use other easy ways to get cashback or rewards!
13yo Chess Protégé from Klang Defeats Chess Grandmaster at Johor International Chess Open
Remember Genkeswaran Muniyan, who was featured in an award winning inspiration film about his life story on how he was...
Traveller Jokes That He’s Carrying Explosives & Nuclear Weapons at Changi Airport, Gets Fined RM6k
When you’re at the airport, there’s a feeling of heightened awareness due to the various security protocols that exist as...
Teacher in Pahang Loses More Than RM200k to Scammers Impersonating Delivery Men & Police Officers
Every now and then, we hear of yet another story of people, regardless of age and profession, losing their hard-earned...
M’sian Panics After Seeing Roadblock, Causes Fiancée to Fall Off Bike, Leaves Her Behind & Flees
Fear can often cause you to do some stupid things. Recently, a man was reported to have left his fiancée...
Foreign Student Caught Peeking Into The Toilet Of A Female Student’s Condo In Cyberjaya
A 23-year-old Palestinian man was arrested by police officers after he was caught on camera peeking into a female student’s...
Butcher Trying to Slaughter Pig in Hong Kong Gets Killed by it After it Regained Consciousness
In a report by the CNN, a butcher in Hong Kong has died while trying to slaughter a pig on...
“If you want to be rich, be a businessman” – PM Assures That Govt Will Reject Corrupt Practices
Following his appointment as the Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has taken a hard stance against corruption and bribery...
Anthony Loke: Free KTMB Rides From Feb 15 For Primary Schoolchildren in Uniform & PWDs
Ever since his appointment as Transport Minister, Anthony Loke has been working hard to find solutions to long standing problems...
Social Stories11 hours ago
JB Massage Parlour Responds to Viral Incident of Female Masseuse Sexually Harassing 2 S’porean Men
Social Stories10 hours ago
M’sian Teen Vlogs His Day As A Rental Boyfriend On CNY & Netizens Are Enquiring About Raya Bookings!
Social Stories10 hours ago
Teachers of School in Kuala Kangsar Go Viral For Their Creative Movie Posters Starring Themselves!
Social Stories6 hours ago
“Get your lungs checked!” – M’sian Had to Remove Parts of Damaged Lung After Vaping for 2 Years