Connect with us

News

5 Students Allegedly Involved In the Murder of UPNM Cadet Zulfarhan Could Face Death Penalty

Published

18 Accused Of The Murder Of Upnm Cadet, Zulfarhan, Was Ordered To Enter Defence - World Of Buzz
Source: Malay Mail & NST

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

In an update to the case from two years ago concerning the death of UPNM cadet Zulfarhan Osman Zulkarnain, the High Court has ordered the 18 students of the Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia to enter their defense on Wednesday (31st July). They will face charges for murdering and injuring Zulfarhan, their varsity mate, reported the Malay Mail.

The decision was reached after Judge Azman Abdullah concluded that the prosecution had successfully established a prima facie against the 18 accused.

D
Source: Bernama

The five of accused, Muhammad Akmal Zuhairi, Muhammad Azamuddin Mad Sofi, Muhammad Najib Mohd Razi, Muhammad Afif Najmudin Azahat and Mohamad Shobirin Sabri are charged with murder, while Abdoul Hakeem Mohd Ali is charged with abetting the murder of Zulfarhan.

The crime was allegedly committed at room 04-10 of the Jebat hostel building in UPNM, between 4.45 am and 5.45 am on 22nd May 2017.

The accused were charged under Section 302 and 109 of the Penal Code, which carries the mandatory death sentence upon conviction.

They were also charged along with 13 other students for voluntarily causing hurt against the victim in order to force Zulfarhan Osman to confess to stealing a laptop, according to Section 330 of the Penal Code, read together with Section 34 of the same act, which imposes a maximum imprisonment of seven years and a fine upon conviction, reported Malaysiakini.

Zulfarhan’s father, Zulkarnain Idros, who was present at the court, was seen performing ‘sujud syukur’ (prostration of gratitude) outside the courtroom. His mother, Hawa Osman, on the other hand, said that she was always thinking of her son even though it had been two years since his death.

Kl03 310719 Farhan Bn201907084468 T5D41 526835 20190731154904
Source: Malay Mail

“I would like to express my gratitude to all those who prayed for my son for him on attaining justice,” he said.

Cadet Zulfarhan passed away at Serdang Hospital on 1st June 2017, and was believed to have been abused after being accused of stealing his friend’s laptop.

The victim was reported to have suffered burns on the chest, arms and legs, and was believed to have been tortured with a steam iron.

It is to great relief on hearing that the appalling case regarding cadet Zulfarhan will finally be brought to justice. WOB team would like to offer our prayers and deepest condolences to the family and friends of cadet Zulfarhan.

 

Also read: UPNM Allows 13 Students Involved in Navy Cadet’s Death to Continue Studies

13 Upnm Students Involved In Navy Cadet's Death Allowed To Continue Studies - World Of Buzz 3

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 5 Dd Ft 5
News19 hours ago

Melaka Teens as Young as 14 Assault & Strangle Female E-Hailing Driver After Failing to Pay Ride Fare

A female e-hailing driver went through a terrifying ordeal after being beaten by a group of passengers who were suspected...

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News2 days ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News6 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News6 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News7 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News1 week ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News1 week ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News2 weeks ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY