Many of us think nothing of using our phones when it’s charging but you may want to reconsider doing that after reading this article. An 18-year-old girl from Odisha, India has reportedly died after she talked on her mobile phone while she was charging it.
According to The New Indian Express, Uma Oram was using her phone before it exploded. She had been talking on the phone with a relative when she noticed that the battery on her mobile phone was draining so she decided to charge it.
She plugged her phone to the charger and continued with her conversation. Suddenly, tragedy struck when the mobile phone exploded with a bang and the teenager fell unconscious. OMG! She was rushed to the hospital where it was discovered that she had suffered severe burn injuries to her hand, chest and leg.
Sadly, when she arrived at the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH), she was declared dead by the doctors there. RIP. Her brother, Durga Prasad Oram said, “The cell phone was put on charging when she started talking to a relative. Its battery exploded suddenly. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She was declared dead at the hospital.”
It is unclear what phone model it was but photos showed a Nokia brand emblazoned on the phone that exploded. Uma’s family has demanded for compensation from the phone manufacturer as they said that the phone was just launched last year.
However, Daily Mail reported that Nokia has denied that the phone was manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones.
“While we have not been able to independently verify the facts of any of these reports, we can confirm that the mobile phone in question was not manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones, set up in 2017 to create a new range of Nokia devices. At HMD Global, we are committed to producing high quality handsets which deliver a strong user experience and meet high customer expectations.”
The police are currently investigating the case and Uma’s body has been sent for post-mortem.
Be careful when using your mobile phone while charging, everyone!
Perlis Couple Under TEMCO Caught Removing Pink Tags As They Were “Allergic” To It
Kampung Kuala Sanglang and Kampung Tanah Timbul have been placed under Targeted Enhanced Movement Control Order (TEMCO) since 10 August...
No New Covid-19 Cases in Kuching & Serian Districts, Sarawak Regains Green Zone Status
Good news, everybody! As there were no new local Covid-19 cases reported in Kuching and Serian District for the past...
Man Shows Love For Late Wife By Installing Silicone Wax Statue Of Her In New Home
We often capture memories of our loved ones through photographs and videos so that we can look back and reminisce...
Tun Dr Mahathir Just Announced His New Party’s Name, “PEJUANG”
Malaysia’s former prime minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, announced today (12 August 2020) that his new political party is named...
Minister Apologises On FINAS Issue, Says Malaysians Can Freely Upload Content on Social Media Platforms
Recently FINAS and the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Minister, Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah received a lot of backlash from Malaysians online....
- Current Affairs19 hours ago
12 Years Jail & RM210 Million Fine For Najib Not Enough, Prosecution Wants Heavier Sentence
- News18 hours ago
Patron Says myBurgerLab Following SOPs is “Illogical & Senseless”, MBL Asks M’sians To Be Considerate
- Food23 hours ago
Hello Pulis? This Mamak Is Serving Maggi Goreng Milo and Kuey Teow Milo
- Features18 hours ago
27yo Malaysian Explains Why Driving An Old Proton Saga Is Better Than Buying A New Car