fbpx

Connect with us

Social Stories

18yo Girl Dies Mid-Convo with Relative as Charging Mobile Phone Explodes

Published

on

18yo Girl Died When Charging Mobile Phone Exploded While Chatting On It - WORLD OF BUZZ
Source: Daily Mail

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

Many of us think nothing of using our phones when it’s charging but you may want to reconsider doing that after reading this article. An 18-year-old girl from Odisha, India has reportedly died after she talked on her mobile phone while she was charging it. 

18yo Girl Died When Mobile Phone Exploded While Ch - WORLD OF BUZZ

Source: Daily Mail

According to The New Indian Express, Uma Oram was using her phone before it exploded. She had been talking on the phone with a relative when she noticed that the battery on her mobile phone was draining so she decided to charge it.

She plugged her phone to the charger and continued with her conversation. Suddenly, tragedy struck when the mobile phone exploded with a bang and the teenager fell unconscious. OMG! She was rushed to the hospital where it was discovered that she had suffered severe burn injuries to her hand, chest and leg.

18yo Girl Died When Mobile Phone Exploded While Ch - WORLD OF BUZZ 1

Source: Daily Mail

Sadly, when she arrived at the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH), she was declared dead by the doctors there. RIP. Her brother, Durga Prasad Oram said, “The cell phone was put on charging when she started talking to a relative. Its battery exploded suddenly. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She was declared dead at the hospital.”

It is unclear what phone model it was but photos showed a Nokia brand emblazoned on the phone that exploded. Uma’s family has demanded for compensation from the phone manufacturer as they said that the phone was just launched last year.

18yo Girl Died When Charging Mobile Phone Exploded While Chatting - WORLD OF BUZZ

Source: Daily Mail

However, Daily Mail reported that Nokia has denied that the phone was manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones.

“While we have not been able to independently verify the facts of any of these reports, we can confirm that the mobile phone in question was not manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones, set up in 2017 to create a new range of Nokia devices. At HMD Global, we are committed to producing high quality handsets which deliver a strong user experience and meet high customer expectations.”

The police are currently investigating the case and Uma’s body has been sent for post-mortem.

Be careful when using your mobile phone while charging, everyone!

 

Also read: Teen Found Dead with Melted Headphones in Ears After Using Phone While Charging

Teen Found Dead with Melted Headphones in Ears After Using Phone While Charging - WORLD OF BUZZ 1

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Latest Videos

Announcement



TRENDING TODAY