Getting stuck in traffic jams can be very frustrating especially when it’s during rush hour. After all, your muscles can get quite tense after the long hours of sitting at your desk at work or even by sitting in the car during the traffic jam. Plus, sitting for too long is not good for your health.
If you feel like you’re wasting time in traffic or feel especially tired then you can actually do some light exercises while waiting for the traffic to move. Here are five exercises with step-by-step guides so you can do this while you are stuck in congestion. Please exercise with caution and only do it when your vehicle is completely stopped.
1. Neck stretches
Driving for a long period of time can be a pain in the neck, literally. Do these simple neck stretches to relieve some of that tension on your neck.
1. Look to either side and hold for five seconds, then repeat in the opposite direction
2. Tilt your head to either side and hold for about five seconds, repeat the same steps for the other side
3. Tilt your head upward and hold it for five seconds, then repeat by tilting downward
2. Shoulder roll
Follow these simple steps to relieve some of that stress on your shoulders.
1. Move up your shoulders, then roll them backward. Make sure to keep your hands on the steering wheel!
2. Lower your shoulders gently while forming a circular movement
3. Repeat the process as many times as you need
3. Forearm pushes
Sometimes, we can get so stressed or frustrated with the traffic that we grip our steering wheels really hard. So, why not just make it into a simple stretch for your arms?
1. Hold the steering wheel at 10 and 2 while keeping your elbows loose and bent
2. Straighten your elbows and push against the steering wheel, and push your back into the seat
3. Hold for 10 seconds, then relax and repeat until you are satisfied
4. Ab pulls
This is really easy to do as it’s just flexing your muscles and releasing them. It helps to tighten your core and who knows, after a few months of getting stuck in the jam, you might have six-packs! Yes, we know it isn’t that easy to get six-packs, just let us fantasise for a while!
1. Pull in your stomach tight by clenching the muscles
2. Hold it for 30 seconds, and rest for 30 seconds
3. Repeat as necessary
5. Glute clench
Often times your buttocks will feel numb if you’re sitting for too long. Relax those sore muscles by following these steps.
1. Squeeze your glutes and hold for five seconds
2. Relax, then repeat the whole thing several times
In other words, just clench and tighten your butt.
Above all else, drive safely and keep your eyes on the road. Safety comes first and never attempt anything that will distract you while driving.
JUST IN: Swimming Pools Are Now Allowed To Be Open For Water Sports Training
Minister of Defence, Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has just announced in a live broadcast that swimming pools will...
JUST IN: Resorts World Genting Confirms That They Will Be Reopening Starting 19th June!
Guys, this is not a drill. Genting Highlands will officially be reopening by this weekend to the public after an extended closure due...
JUST IN: Setapak Barber Confirmed Positive For Covid-19, 40 Close Contact Cases Identified
In an update from the case of a barber in Setapak allegedly testing positive for Covid-19, our Health Director-General Dr...
JUST IN: Barber in Setapak Suspected To Be Positive For Covid-19 Only After 2 Days of Opening Barbershop
UPDATE: Health Director-General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah has come forward to mention that the barber’s diagnosis has not been officially...
BREAKING: SPM & STPM Students Will Return To School By 24th June
In his latest live telecast to the Malaysian public, Education Minister Dr. Mohd Radzi bin Md Jidin has announced that...
Tired Of Comparing Prices On Different Websites? This ONE App Helps You Do That, Gives You Cashback & MORE
Nowadays, more and more Malaysians would prefer to do their shopping online rather than in physical stores. This is because...
Stronger, Faster & Smarter: Here’s Why M’sians Can’t Wait to Get the HUAWEI P40 Pro+ Dropping This Friday!
In case you didn’t know, we’re just a couple of days away from the launch of the HUAWEI P40 Pro+...
The New Normal Reveals 6 Things M’sians Do That Unknowingly Help Spread Germs & Bacteria Faster
Life has been a lot more different since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented on 18 March 2020, almost...
- News13 hours ago
Photo of Human-Sized Bats Go Viral and Yes, They Actually Exist
- Current Affairs16 hours ago
Kanye West Announces He Will Be Running For President of America Over Twitter
- Current Affairs16 hours ago
World Famous Cirque Du Soleil Circus Act Officially Declares Bankrupty, Leaves 3,500 People Jobless
- Current Affairs12 hours ago
RMCO: 96 Individuals Arrested At Pubs And Nightclubs For Violating SOP