Connect with us

News

Ramadan Bazaars In Selangor Have Been CANCELLED, Says State Menteri Besar

Published

Ramadan Bazaars In Selangor Have Been Cancelled, Says Menteri Besar Of Selangor - World Of Buzz
Source: The Star

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.

With the Hari Raya season coming up and the country still being under quarantine, questions have been raised as to whether there will be any Ramadan bazaars, especially amidst the Covid-19 outbreak.

On 31 March, the Health Director-General said that if Ramadan bazaars are to be implemented, proper crowd control measures need to be taken.

However, it has been decided that Ramadan bazaars in Selangor will be cancelled this year, says Menteri Besar Amirudin Shari.

628127

According to The Star, he said that other venues to purchase the required items for the festive season will be provided.

“I believe there will be online Ramadan bazaars that will offer delivery,’’ Amirudin told reporters after announcing the state’s second stimulus package on Wednesday (1 April).

This decision comes after four districts in Selangor – Hulu Langat, Petaling, Gombak and Klang – were declared red zones due to a high number of Covid-19 cases in these areas, with Hulu Langat being placed on enhanced movement control order.

Bazaar Ramadhan

Ramadan Bazaars may still be held depending on the MoH’s stand

However, Amirudin stated that the current ban may be lifted depending on the Ministry of Health’s stand on the matter.

“At this point, we have cancelled the Ramadan bazaars and this matter has been discussed online with the local authority presidents throughout Selangor, but if the MOH says they can be held, then we will hold them (Ramadan bazaars),” he said, reported NST.

Previously, Negri Sembilan and Terengganu had announced the cancellation of Ramadan bazaars in their respective states following the outbreak.

What do you think about this? Is the cancellation of bazaars in Selangor a good move? Let us know in the comments below.

 

Also read: Health DG: “If Ramadan Bazaars Are Held, SOPs Must Be Followed”, But M’sians Call For Cancellation

Health Dg Says Ramadan Bazaar Can Go On If Sops Are Followed, M'sians Call For Cancellation - World Of Buzz 2

Source: The Star
Source: Malay Mail

Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest stories and updates daily.



Just In

Dd Ft 3 Dd Ft 3
News20 hours ago

MARA Chairman Slams Netizens for Belittling Cadet Pilot Programme Prioritising Tahfiz Students

Recently, Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) announced its decision to offer Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Tahfiz students the opportunity...

Collage 17 Collage 17
News5 days ago

“Sg Buloh Prison is overcrowded” – Lawyer Urges Court to Release Trio Who Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery on Bail

Three men accused of assaulting a long-haired man at a bak kut teh shop in Kepong were charged in the...

Collage 2 2 Collage 2 2
News5 days ago

“Shoot them if they evade arrest” – Kedah MB Urges Extreme Measures Against Langkawi Drug Syndicate

Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor has urged police to take firm, and even “extreme”, measures to...

Collage 15 Collage 15
News6 days ago

Jho Low Seeks Presidential Pardon from Donald Trump to Drop His 1MDB Criminal Charges in the US

Fugitive Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, better known as Jho Low, has reportedly applied for a presidential pardon from former...

Collage 14 Collage 14
News7 days ago

19yo M’sian Student Charged with Murder of Woman Found with 61 Stab Wounds, Faces Death Penalty

A college student has been charged at the Kota Bharu Magistrate’s Court today with the murder of 19-year-old Nurfisya Zulkifly...

Collage 13 Collage 13
News7 days ago

PDRM: Several Individuals, Believed to be Drunk, Beat Up Man at Kepong Eatery for ‘Glaring’ at Them

A man was assaulted by a group of individuals after reportedly looking in their direction while dining at a restaurant...

Collage 11 Collage 11
News2 weeks ago

PDRM: 11yo Student Who Fell from Melaka School Was Retrieving Peer’s Shoe He Had Thrown on Awning

Police have confirmed that an incident involving a Standard 5 male student, who was injured after falling from a garage...

Collage 9 Collage 9
News2 weeks ago

11yo Falls From Melaka School Building While Retrieving Shoe Allegedly Thrown Onto Awning by a Peer

A Standard Five male student from a primary school in Batu Berendam, Melaka, was injured after falling from the first-floor...

Announcement

Latest Videos



TRENDING TODAY